What's new

"Will you not listen to reason?!" Martian Manhunter discussion thread!

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I know MMH has some good AA options, but try out f2, it's actually good and has deceptively good range and a decent hitbox. You also can hit confirm into Martian Grab with it.

dmnc011m

PSN: KomboDrop
What do you feel MMH's best wake up options are? and how do you deal with corner pressure. I've been using push block in the corner and bf3 as wakeup.

dmnc011m

bf3 is extremely powerful as a wakeup and should be continued to be used
Appreciate it, I just thought a second opinion couldn't hurt. I do wish he had a slightly better wake up game, the scoop doesn't seem to work to well as a wake up. Also, I keep trying to do teleport as wake up, it's like, subconsciously, I think if I do it enough it will just start working on wake up, but that's just do to my own retardedness. Doh!

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
So you know how it says j1 is like +23 that's false right

You are correct, but it is at plus frames...maybe 2-4??

I can do a deep Ji1 to Luthor, and stuff his Corp Charge reversal with a B1. Definitely plus frames...unless training mode bugged me out

Mt Mutombo

Banned
What are you guys doing for setups?

Right now im doing my BnB >>> 22b3(confirm Trait while b3 hits) j3~ground tele,22~MB Phase Charge, normal Orb

After the normal Orb, i do B2 into low grab or follow up the pop up if the Orb hits. 36% plus instant pressure plus a 40% combo if they don't block the overhead low.

dmnc011m

Right now im doing my BnB >>> 22b3(confirm Trait while b3 hits) j3~ground tele,22~Phase Charge, normal Orb

After the normal Orb, i do B2 into low grab or follow up the pop up if the Orb hits. 36% plus instant pressure plus a 40% combo if they don't block the overhead low.
I'm trying to mix it up as much as possible and link into combos off most everything.
His options are so great most anything you hit with can lead into a combo.
Example: you can f2d3>db3d>f2u1>db3>22>bf3
I just discovered that f2d3 could combo if when you link the overhead teleport you input it backwards and it has to be the overhead teleporrt.
Anyway, the list goes on.
I haven't been keeping track of damage, this is just something I figured out in game.

Mt Mutombo

Banned
I'm trying to mix it up as much as possible and link into combos off most everything.
His options are so great most anything you hit with can lead into a combo.
Example: you can f2d3>db3d>f2u1>db3>22>bf3
I just discovered that f2d3 could combo if when you link the overhead teleport you input it backwards and it has to be the overhead teleporrt.
Anyway, the list goes on.
I haven't been keeping track of damage, this is just something I figured out in game.
The teleport after f2 d3 doesnt combo man.

Otherwise the AI i was doing it to wouldn't wakeup after f2 d3;)

dmnc011m

The teleport after f2 d3 doesnt combo man.

Otherwise the AI i was doing it to wouldn't wakeup after f2 d3;)
Like I said, it was in game, not training, but it sure seemed to. Are you linking and making sure to do the overhead teleport? I can very well be wrong, my opponent may have just decided blocking was a bad idea.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
So guys how do you play your neutral game? I'm really struggling with mine so any advice would be appreciated.

Colonel-Gilgamesh

Hates NRS for making me not like Superman
So guys how do you play your neutral game? I'm really struggling with mine so any advice would be appreciated.
Trait 3 may be one of the best buttons in the game.

Save trait for neutral

Liberal use of 222 string and/or 22 b+3

b1 3 for close up fights. 222 also works

REYTHEGREAT

Right now im doing my BnB >>> 22b3(confirm Trait while b3 hits) j3~ground tele,22~Phase Charge, normal Orb

you should do a video.

RavenDSkull

Lost between choices.
I sure hope I'll be able to download the compatibility pack today... Tried several times since J'onn's release. Somehow it never finishes. :(

And yes, I purchased the character already.

So frustrating.

Sent from my Mind using my Fingers

MrSoloLobo

I have a keen eye for all things broken.
Why does this guy get a safe teleport and all other chars with a teleport get punished? Not gonna be a crybaby for nerfs but it's pretty annoying to fight this guy. I shouldnt have to waste my meter for b3

Vagrant

Noob
Can someone confirm for me that f1 is legit 5 frames. Says so in the frame data but seems too good to be true for a mid.

DarksydeDash

You know me as RisingShieldBro online.
I don't know about the data but it definitely is not a mid. It whiffs on crouching opponents all the time. It doesn't help either that you can't finish the string or cancel it on whiff. :(

Gurimmjaw

Earthrealm
Martian Manhunter was definitely worth the $5. He has so many tools at his disposal and very fun to use. One of my favorite DC characters. Definitely a 2nd main for me. He has an air dash which is better than Superman's and Wonder Woman's which can be meter burned which is epic and an easy 40% meterless. And with the teleports he has feels a bit similar to Sektor in a way since I mained Sektor in MK9. Finally a great DLC character.

Now the only thing I probably don't know to well is how to do set ups with the orbs. Also can the orbs keep away rushdown characters?