What's new

General/Other - TriBorg Why Triborg is mostly balanced and only nerfs/buffs he MIGHT need since only day 4

Reauxbot

You think you bad? You aint bad.
None of em have good safe wake ups.
The only problem with Triborg as a whole to me. Is that damned overhead divekick. That's about it in all honesty.
Every character has dirt. It's annoying hearing someone complain about this character having this and that..And turn out to be a Tanya or Predator main -____-

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Unless you have played them for a good, long stretch, your opinion on them as far as balancing goes is completely irrelevant.

You can't see things all from one side and expect to have a clue.

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
None of em have good safe wake ups.
The only problem with Triborg as a whole to me. Is that damned overhead divekick. That's about it in all honesty.
Every character has dirt. It's annoying hearing someone complain about this character having this and that..And turn out to be a Tanya or Predator main -____-
i agree, its just annoying when a well known name comes in and ads fuel to the fire, when the rest of us know damn well they only talk down on
DLC' s is because they are afraid of learning the matchup. they would rather nerf a character than lab it out for a couple days. its sad in this day and age, when MK has turned into the Scrub Mentality, this move is to "cheap" or that move is "Broke" instead of asking what should i do to counter it!
i often find others which sadly are supposed to be big names, stating that character is gonna be "Broke" or "Op" or "Cheap".
Every character has dirt in the roster, every character.

they all have bad and good matchups. What others should do is let these characters live and breath for a bit. obviously with patchnotes, all characters are prone to find new dirt. i just don't understand why all the hate towards Triborg!
Alien has massive dirt, BRC has great dirt, and LF has great dirt. whats so special about CSZ or any other Triborg? honestly i labbed for about 2 hours on Cyrax and found ways to block his resets and HTB's quite easily, about 9/10 times. hi9s bombs are close to 100 frames on startup and 73 frames of recovery. if noone can punish that then every move in the game is unpunishable by that standard. CSZ can be stopped quite easily with projectiles. reo made that dive kick look a little better than it is. in a real match noone should let you get away with reusing the same telegraphed move over and over. Sektor has his massive hit advantage on rockets, which might be too much, but honestly does it need a nerf.. can we let characters have slight advantages on some fronts.. i mean on block, its not like its a block infinite, it can be countered even jumped out of after poke. And Smoke has great pressure, honestly i thought i was gonna use smoke as my main, but i fell in love with Cyrax, Cyrax seems harder to start combos, and get your opponent to fall into his setups, since his bombs are so negative meterless. so i actually have fun using Cyrax because its challenging... but i don't want him ruined. and what ive herd about the solution to the loop could be,
added BUFFER to HTB's so when an OH and LOW hit at same time or very close to, it will make one a mid, so that way CSZ, Cyrax, Quan, Tekada, Sonya, and all others with HTB's will have to time the hits slower at least by 3 frames so that way they can be blocked easier by those who know how to block it.
honestly as it is, i can block them 8/10 times, and it should be 10/10.

so id be fine with that... since the reset could still be possible, the loops are possible, but those who lab it up will punish the attempts very easily.

we should wait a month and let them ride through a couple tournaments and hope to god, somje of the childish pros don't cry our favorite characters into oblivion!

AS for WAKEUPS= i dont think they should have safe wakeups, but they should have armored wakups and armored moves.. btw sektors exflame is safe and armored while standing. cyrax has a mediocre wakup, scatter port, and it should be armor-able while standing since its unsafe. smoke has a safe get out of everything exfade. and CSZ has a great armored Slide. may not be safe but its a very solid move.

Sunny_D

Green Arrows personal Shooty guy
how on earth is it "OK" to have pseudo resets that are loopable on a character? are you a random online scrub or somthing? this will hurt the tournament scene alot, when everyone uses Cyber sub or Cyrax, you will see this will go away, and its not hard to fix making all the low bombs a mid and divekicks a mid.
Making them mids will kill the mixups. Make the second mixup a mid within 3-5 frames will be fair. Try labbing them to block "online scrub"

Sunny_D

Unless you have played them for a good, long stretch, your opinion on them as far as balancing goes is completely irrelevant.

You can't see things all from one side and expect to have a clue.
Ive played against and as them in hundreds of matchups, i know as much as you and others. All im saying is you are braindead if you call for nerfs without labbing.

Sunny_D

kotal kahn's sun disk has 40 frames of startup and and I don't even get a combo for landing it

buff kotal kahn please
You do in the corner for 50%... Unless you are joking then use these:joker::DOGE:16Bit:REO

MadeOfMetal

Kenshi Srubtastic,Cyrax, Special Forces Mains
Bottom line all these HTB's and Loops can be fixed by disabling tight links of OH and LOW and allowing more time to block them... and id say thats fair.. i honestly would be fine with Cyrax losing the endless reset as long as his other strings are the same and untouched, but he will need a good neutral Armor move like Sektor, alien LF and Borai cho. i don't care if its unsafe just wan't the option.

this is just an allowance to me, but i wouldn't mind his recovery on meterless bombs being a tad bit faster than 73 frames.. would make multiple bomb combos easier, and it should be ok since his scaling is quite toned down.

Sunny_D

definitely drunk dude. you aren't back dashing in the corner and you can't armor if they don't mess up. we've labbed it, it's nasty fuck outa here (lol jk) but seriously though the downplaying here is disgusting
Im not downplaying and you should have to deal with setups in the corner lol. Im not saying hes bad just that hes not the best like people say.

Sunny_D

Bottom line all these HTB's and Loops can be fixed by disabling tight links of OH and LOW and allowing more time to block them... and id say thats fair.. i honestly would be fine with Cyrax losing the endless reset as long as his other strings are the same and untouched, but he will need a good neutral Armor move like Sektor, alien LF and Borai cho. i don't care if its unsafe just wan't the option.

this is just an allowance to me, but i wouldn't mind his recovery on meterless bombs being a tad bit faster than 73 frames.. would make multiple bomb combos easier, and it should be ok since his scaling is quite toned down.
I agree 100% (reset lol) with you man.

Sunny_D

ok

man im having problems quoting posts. id sayasfar as of now, they are all fair, and struggle in thier own ways. i haven't had a problem i couldn't figure out with practice. i never even had a problem with quan before nerf.

id say let cyrax stay as is and even possibly give him better armor while in neutral.

if he did get a nerf do it on the loop reset, and allow him to reset once in a combo, but make em drop hard after the first reset.

smoke seems fine but might need better armor.

sektor seems ok, where he is strong he suffers in other ways.

and CSZ seems fine, but if he needed a nerf make his Air D3 a mid and keep Air D4 an overhead, since the D4 is punishble and the D3 is not, it would be better to make it a mid, so there is a viable reason to use the 2
I agree man, nrs hire him pls

Sunny_D

I agree. NRS allows stream monsters to balance the game instead. The "boring" characters get normalized while the "hype" characters remain the same or get buffed.
I agreed with you on the tremor nerfs but why can tremor have overhead setups but cyrax cant have low setups? All in all I say chill out with calling people scrubs instead of just having a convo about it lol. I think give tremor his shit back and let cyrax keep his. Cyber sub should use meter for his with normal being a knockdown

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
Wasnt calling you braindead, but the naysayers lol. I agree with most of your post's on here :)
I understood.

If guys play the variation, I will listen what they have to say. If they just play against it, I'm not going to recognize their opinion on balance.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
Cyber Sub-Zero, IMO, poses the same problem to this game that Batgirl did to IGAU.

1. While he isn't as broken as broken can be...or at the very least, it's still too early to tell...he is at first glance an overwhelming nightmare of tools and options.
2. It's highly doubtful that that many of the top level players are going to flock to him on such short notice simply because a gamble is a gamble no matter how good you think your odds are.
3. No one on the up and coming swing of trying to level up in this game is going to want to put up with this shit any more than they've wanted to put up with any of the other bouts of unnecessary BS that have come thus far. This, even by NRS standards, is one fucking hell of an insane character they've assembled.

EMPEROR_KNICKS

Master of Kombat(frauds)
Cyrax is balanced and here's why. He has mostly shit normals other then f21 and the only offense he truly has is his vortex. "Well he's just Quan all over again!" You might be bitchi-err I mean complaining about. But he's different! He doesn't have good zoning or half 1/4 screen overheads! He only has the vortex and heavily scaling combos. Other characters have hard to blockables AND range like Takeda and Quan to a extent. Yes they need meter but Cyrax only has the vortex and shitty strings so it's fair IMO.
i won't say much here, Smoke is balanced nuff said. If anything maybe give him b1 24 combo extender for a bar but he doesn't really need it. Just hitbox whiffing fixes is all.
hes also perfect. Now "what about his missile setups! They have OP hit advantage!!" Well those are fair too. They ARENT over heads, the setup can be punished if used badly in the neutral and if they use them as a setup then either armor or RESPECT IT. "But they break ar"- no they don't. Maybe if setup then using a fast normal but they don't break armor theirselves. Only 1 missile hits on armor and block. So he's fine where he is and before you say it, I'm not against tremor. I actually think he got hit a bit too hard and didn't really need a nerf.
Cyber Brady himself! And before I get crusified by the community hear me out. I think he's FAIR in every aspect EXCEPT the Dive kick. He gets average damage and his meterless 40% are only corner and need drones. Now how do we nerf the divekick? Well not the recovery since other characters have good recovery and dicekicks. The only nerf I think is make full screen divekick a unsafe overhead or a safe mid. What about the close one? Well I think one of them should be a safe mid and a unsafe overhead to have reason to use both. So I will let you guys decide which one or dispute what nerfs you think he needs. Other then that I'm fine with triborg lol.
The fact that you think cyber sub is mostly fair is crazy