What's new

Why Is MK11 So Rage Inducing?

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Aaaaaand this was in MKX too.

MKX literally had every bit of throw 50/50 that MK11 has. We only notice the throws more here because why bother with a 14% 50/50 when you can take a third of your opponents lifebar playing MKX

It still can't get over how weird it is that I'm now in the position of having to argue that MK11 is not as 50/50 based as MKX. This is the weirdest timeline.
A throw never ate a button in mkx ever. In mk11 throws beat buttons not just beat them they eat them under every circumstance. Cant punish d2 on block in most instances only some characters can cover distance quickly. Listen mk11 is a balanced game 1000% superior to mkx in every tangible way. Its arrogant to say that mk11 50/50s arnt as bad because mkx had worse that's all. Also tech window was bigger and I dont recall taking chip even when you teched. 1 last thing you didn't take 30% for guessing wrong....

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
A throw never ate a button in mkx ever. In mk11 throws beat buttons not just beat them they eat them under every circumstance. Cant punish d2 on block in most instances only some characters can cover distance quickly. Listen mk11 is a balanced game 1000% superior to mkx in every tangible way. Its arrogant to say that mk11 50/50s arnt as bad because mkx had worse that's all. Also tech window was bigger and I dont recall taking chip even when you teched. 1 last thing you didn't take 30% for guessing wrong....
He's right, this actually isn't different between MKX and MK11. That's a myth invented by people who didn't know what they were doing. Throws are quick and if they go active first they will beat your attack, just like every other normal. This was the case in MKX and hasn't changed.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
He's right, this actually isn't different between MKX and MK11. That's a myth invented by people who didn't know what they were doing. Throws are quick and if they go active first they will beat your attack, just like every other normal. This was the case in MKX and hasn't changed.
Do I really have to install mkx to show what your saying is bullshit seriously?

Enexemander

A Hitbox Pirate - YARRR -
I approach every game casually until I think it's good enough to spend time on. Probably most people are like that?
I made an exception for SFV. I was going to go hard on that one. But.... I just didn't like it. The launch was awful. Ryu was a bad character (Now he might be okay. How many years later? whoo hoo).
That one was a lesson. I've just got to let the interest come naturally. If I try to force it, I'll just drop the game in disgust when it disappoints.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
MKX is installed and has never left my hard drive. This fallacy has been cleared up multiple times. Throws do not "eat" normals -- if the throw goes active first the throw wins, just like any other attack.
Throws in mk11 act as mids not highs. I'll post a vid when I get home of every single fighter in mkx d1 throws.

I'm gonna keep it all the way live, out of all the fighting games I've played, And Uncle JBeezY has been playing video games since the OG Nintendo, this is the most rage inducing fighting game I've played ever! I been looking at random MK11 streams, going on twitter, and people feel the same way. Why is that? Is it because we wanted soooo much in MK11 because we waited years for a new MK? Is it because the online is just....not great? Are we way too competitive in this game instead of just enjoying it? Sound off in the comments.

Let's have a discussion.
It's satisfying to win, but when I lose I feel like I was ripped off half the time. I could write a short book about what's wrong with this game, and why it's not balanced. Fatal blows, crushing blows etc, just so scrubby and annoying.

Throws in mk11 act as mids not highs. I'll post a vid when I get home of every single fighter in mkx d1 throws.
Throwing people out of d2
https://xboxclips.com/Tony at home/eaf89ee4-de9b-4792-af52-8e26b556a1d7

Throwing people out of d1
https://xboxclips.com/Tony at home/8d3b03e6-bd42-4a09-b5b6-796538656701

Can this myth die now?

The reason it's such a big myth that d1s and d2's were throw invulnerable on startup is there wasn't a reversal window for the throw input in MKX. It was harder to time a throw against an opponent furiously mashing their face into the d1 button- but it was never a thing you couldn't do.

On that note, the reversal window for throw inputs is the best thing NRS did in this game

Last edited:
This game has nothing on MKX. MKX was so rage inducing Tom Brady destroyed his monitor,I went to sleep at 7PM once without eating etc. as far as frustrations go I think mk11 is fine . Injustice 2 was less frustrating because it was focused on defensive play more.

Groove Heaven

Jobber-baron
This game has issues but I absolutely disagree that it's especially rage-inducing. The only things that really piss me off is the shitty poke system and 50/50 throws, but otherwise I like this game way more than MKX or either Injustice and I feel more in control than I do in say SFV or DBFZ.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Throwing people out of d2
https://xboxclips.com/Tony at home/eaf89ee4-de9b-4792-af52-8e26b556a1d7

Throwing people out of d1
https://xboxclips.com/Tony at home/8d3b03e6-bd42-4a09-b5b6-796538656701

Can this myth die now?

The reason it's such a big myth that d1s and d2's were throw invulnerable on startup is there wasn't a reversal window for the throw input in MKX. It was harder to time a throw against an opponent furiously mashing their face into the d1 button- but it was never a thing you couldn't do.

On that note, the reversal window for throw inputs is the best thing NRS did in this game
Never said anything about d2, need the clips of d1, d3.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Don't get me wrong, this game has a whole bunch of stuff that pisses me off and makes me feel like being robbed despite all my efforts cough fatal blows cough crushing blows, but let's not even get anywhere near that MKX is a better game. That game was fucking whack gameplay wise, I liked the character archetypes there better, and I liked the emphasis on raw execution over 30% auto combos, but still, the gameplay fucking sucked.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
MK11 is by far the least rage-inducing NRS game I’ve ever played online. If I were to wager why people don’t like that its supposed to be read heavy and slower, but crushing and fatal blows completely bring the momentum to a crawl or take a chunk of HP from you along with a juggle or oki. When Hunker Down Jax takes 60% off of my HP bar down in two sequences and ends it with a resource free Fatal Blow, that’s going to bring some rage. It’s like playing against Kabal and Erron fullscreen when they are under 30%; your gameplan goes out the window because you are playing reactive and slowly inching your way up while the opponent can kind of do whatever they want. They are characters with moves or fatals that just destroys the way NRS advertised the game is meant to be played.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I shouldn't have to show you pokes eating throws man in mk11

Your always going to beat a button when you have frame advantage. D1 not plus you are negative. I'll do a demo later
You aren't minus by more than the startup of the throw. The throw in both games wins because it goes active before your normal does, just like every other move in the game. This is what people have been trying to explain to you.

If your normal goes active first, you win -- the throw does not 'eat' the normal.

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
You aren't minus by more than the startup of the throw. The throw in both games wins because it goes active before your normal does, just like every other move in the game. This is what people have been trying to explain to you.

If your normal goes active first, you win -- the throw does not 'eat' the normal.
Ok