What's new

Why Is MK11 So Rage Inducing?

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
The biggest issue with this game are ppl, today's ppl are lazy, they lab so little, the consider so little and go on blaming on game mechanics as always.

If you play a strong character who does most of the work, the ones on the lower end will complain about the mechanic
when the strong character gets evened out, the lower ends gets happy, but the one who mains it will call it trash.

Its a never ending cycle.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I mean, that may be the way you want to see things -- but I've been here since MK9 and there was far more salt just in this community alone about Injustice and MKX gameplay.

And there's actually no comparison to the vitriol that's been heaped on SF5 since launch. I mean you have top players in front page articles on Eventhubs, the flagship Capcom news site, talking about why they don't like the game or it's luck and the skill gap is lower, etc. Their own stream monsters actively hate their game and rip it apart in the article comments.

Imo you're mainly trying to express your vendetta against MK11 (and you don't have to like it, that's fine) by trying to force everyone to feel the way you do about all fighting games.
Excuse me, Stevie Wonder, but everybody can see that shit too. Yes, its mostly from this scene which is why im addressing it. You right about the SF launch. Lord that was a shit show. You think I WANT to see MK11 go down that path where everybody basically shits on it like SF? You out your bald headed mind, son. Why in the actual fuck would I have a vendetta on the game my scene plays? I have a distaste for it currently, YES, but thats because i know it has the potential to be sooo much greater. I know this because i played it in the beta, TWICE! Having a vendetta against something would mean i absolutely hate the game, the scene, and the ppl who play it. I have no vendetta, sir. We may bump heads on subjects often with different opinions, but to keep it ALL THE WAY LIVE this is the dumbest shit I have EVER heard you say. Stop drinking the Koolaid!

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Excuse me, Stevie Wonder, but everybody can see that shit too. Yes, its mostly from this scene which is why im addressing it. You right about the SF launch. Lord that was a shit show. You think I WANT to see MK11 go down that path where everybody basically shits on it like SF? You out your bald headed mind, son. Why in the actual fuck would I have a vendetta on the game my scene plays? I have a distaste for it currently, YES, but thats because i know it has the potential to be sooo much greater. I know this because i played it in the beta, TWICE! Having a vendetta against something would mean i absolutely hate the game, the scene, and the ppl who play it. I have no vendetta, sir. We may bump heads on subjects often with different opinions, but to keep it ALL THE WAY LIVE this is the dumbest shit I have EVER heard you say. Stop drinking the Koolaid!
It's most definitely not just the SF5 launch. They've updated that game multiple times since then, but it's the overall meta, crush counters. etc. and the way that game plays overall compared to SF4 that has their community tearing their own game apart at every chance they get.

Last edited:

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Beezy there a re a couple of people on this site that have PHDs is Gaslighting. Or they have been around for so long they cant recognize the trees in the forest. Hes not the only one

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
For me it’s because I know it’s my fault. It’s heavily based around footsies and my footsies are bad in this game, I’m a bad player. I don’t play nearly enough admittedly, school and work and other stuff happily takes priority, I only end up playing once a week or so.

So when I do something like whiff in front of Baraka, not only do I lose 50% of my life bc crushing blow, have him plant his flag, and start throwing projectiles... it was totally my fault so it highlights how much of a trash can I am. I think most people get mad at this game because they’re afraid to admit that they just aren’t that good.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
It's most definitely not just the SF5 launch. They've updated that game multiple times since then, but it's the over meta, crush counters. etc. and the way that game plays overall compared to SF4 that has their community tearing their own game apart at every chance they get.
Maybe its because first impressions are everything to people, like myself, and once that is ruined they don't want to stick around. And rightfully so. Thats why ppl still shit on SF because it left a bad taste in their mouth from the beginning of the fact they wasted money on a bare ass game from jump, with mechanics that didnt hook the masses, AND ON TOP OF THAT charging asinine prices for costumes!? Fuck that! Why would i even want to stay that long for patches and updates when you already fucked up my trust in the game? Capcom got waaaay too greedy and people aren't down for companies like that. So im glad people are FINALLY taking a stand against devs who do shady shit like that.

Orochi

Scorpion Scrub
Not really rage inducing to me. I grinded from Demi God to God yesterday for that Raiden weapon and had a good time. Sure I lost matches but I don't really play long sets with good players to learn the match ups so that's on me. It's not as oppressing as MKX where you'd lose a lifebar for guessing wrong once or Injustice 1 with the unblockable interactables otgs and mad zoning.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Not really rage inducing to me. I grinded from Demi God to God yesterday for that Raiden weapon and had a good time. Sure I lost matches but I don't really play long sets with good players to learn the match ups so that's on me. It's not as oppressing as MKX where you'd lose a lifebar for guessing wrong once or Injustice 1 with the unblockable interactables otgs and mad zoning.
Scorpion mains are excluded in this conversation by default. :joker:

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
I think MK11 is the scrubbiest between these last 3 MK games.

Full screen fatal blows, easy 30% krushing blows with top tiers, nothing but a d1 poke fest. Not allowed to punish hardly any strings due to lack of good mids.

Strings such as errons b222 and liu kang F34 I’ve never seen so so many players able to do the exact same strings over and over again b2b.

Hitboxes are awful. Jump kicks. Grabs being able to beat out a d4. Those are just some of the things.

I think MKX could have Been truly great minus all the armor and 50/50s. Mk11 you’re guessing just as much . Honestly they should just remaster mk9 and update it .

fr stack

Noob's saibot or noob saibot's?
It's always the wake up system that tilts the fuck out of me. Add lag on top of the variable timing on wake ups and it's just a shit show. I legit lose rounds and matches because I stop playing the real game and just try to get wake ups to come out.
It's so fucking tiring.
This right here also trying to do back forward motions .

* Rage has nothing to do with a game, but with the person who is playing

* The game is way better balanced than its predecessors, but still unfair and random in some parts. And below I think is the main reason why people rage.

* The focus of games nowadays are "being competitive". We have to be competitive in our jobs, our relations, everything....now we have to compete in video games too....that is fucking with the vast majority of people who is addicted to the game and don't have time, resources, talent, conditions to be....Sonic fox for ex.
It is very easy to get pissed to yourself because your lever of playing is not that good....but this mindset can fuck with your experience and your body.
I accepted that I'll never be that guy and I just play now in the casual mode and offline....and I'm having so much fun and still not having to waste my time looking at matchups and frame data....fuck that.

Wetdoba

All too easy...
I think MK11 is the scrubbiest between these last 3 MK games.

Full screen fatal blows, easy 30% krushing blows with top tiers, nothing but a d1 poke fest. Not allowed to punish hardly any strings due to lack of good mids.

Strings such as errons b222 and liu kang F34 I’ve never seen so so many players able to do the exact same strings over and over again b2b.

Hitboxes are awful. Jump kicks. Grabs being able to beat out a d4. Those are just some of the things.

I think MKX could have Been truly great minus all the armor and 50/50s. Mk11 you’re guessing just as much . Honestly they should just remaster mk9 and update it .
Not only is your post uninformed and incorrect but you also contradict yourself and what you are asking for ("nothing but a down poke fest but also throws beating downpoke mash is bs" lol)

Also thanks for the "MKX would have been great if they took out armor and 50 50s", you mean MKX could have been a good game if they changed the entire game? Amazing

Maybe this game gets people salted more than usual because they dont know wtf theyre talking about or doing and refuse to think its them...

but also online sux