What's new

Why Is MK11 So Rage Inducing?

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
* Rage has nothing to do with a game, but with the person who is playing

* The game is way better balanced than its predecessors, but still unfair and random in some parts. And below I think is the main reason why people rage.

* The focus of games nowadays are "being competitive". We have to be competitive in our jobs, our relations, everything....now we have to compete in video games too....that is fucking with the vast majority of people who is addicted to the game and don't have time, resources, talent, conditions to be....Sonic fox for ex.
It is very easy to get pissed to yourself because your lever of playing is not that good....but this mindset can fuck with your experience and your body.
I accepted that I'll never be that guy and I just play now in the casual mode and offline....and I'm having so much fun and still not having to waste my time looking at matchups and frame data....fuck that.
words of wisdom, dude ! ;)

Jowabunga

Woooooooooooooo!
I'm right there with this thread, but most of my rage has to do with inputs being dropped and shit not coming out. Had some strange shit last night where in the middle of a very short set with a friend suddenly my rolls stopped going off inexplicably for like 3 matches in a row. That's not a new thing to mk11 but it just keeps getting more maddening with every subsequent NRS game I play.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
Beezy there a re a couple of people on this site that have PHDs is Gaslighting. Or they have been around for so long they cant recognize the trees in the forest. Hes not the only one
Apparently so, but i wont lie to myself. That does nobody
but also online sux
Whats even worst is the online was fine UNTIL the 1st update that made it bad and hasn't been fixed since.

Iustinus

Deus Fulminatus
Fatal blows are the only thing about this specifically that cause me rage. We've been dealing with most of the other crap since MK9.

That game was the saltiest for me, partially because it was almost a novelty.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm gonna keep it all the way live, out of all the fighting games I've played, And Uncle JBeezY has been playing video games since the OG Nintendo, this is the most rage inducing fighting game I've played ever! I been looking at random MK11 streams, going on twitter, and people feel the same way. Why is that? Is it because we wanted soooo much in MK11 because we waited years for a new MK? Is it because the online is just....not great? Are we way too competitive in this game instead of just enjoying it? Sound off in the comments.

Let's have a discussion.
I'll be honest with you.
My main cause of discontentment with MK11 is that my character is yet again left in the dirt.

All the reasons why one or another of her moves are not great are contradicted in another character who does better.
Current pet peeve: Shao's shoulder is an advancing mid launcher yet Jade's shadow kick is an unsafe high and the meterburn doesn't do anything, doesn't launch, isn't safe, it's a gimmick that people learn and punish all the same.

Her best mid, b3, is 11f and stationary where there are 9f ADVANCING mids in the game that lead to over twice the damage.
B2 is a high and unsafe because of its range. And then there are much better moves with much more or similar range that start up faster and lead to huge damage.

I'm just not happy with the illogical way some characters have omnipotent shit like Erron or Sonya and the rest are simply illogically left in the dirt for no logical reason.

xenogorgeous

Lol no. MK11 doesn't have nearly has many 50/50s as MKX. Not even remotely close.

This community wants to hate this game so bad they're willing to lie to themselves about how fucked up MKX was
agreed, wow, yeah ! will all defects, MK11 is light years away better on that departament ....MKX was just a 100% scrub friendly 50/50 party time disguised of normal serious game, hehe ..... really not missing that game , was fun for a while, but after discovered what the meta based was, just turned boring "guess-guess" flip coin game, hehe :p

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Maybe its because first impressions are everything to people, like myself, and once that is ruined they don't want to stick around. And rightfully so. Thats why ppl still shit on SF because it left a bad taste in their mouth from the beginning of the fact they wasted money on a bare ass game from jump, with mechanics that didnt hook the masses, AND ON TOP OF THAT charging asinine prices for costumes!? Fuck that! Why would i even want to stay that long for patches and updates when you already fucked up my trust in the game? Capcom got waaaay too greedy and people aren't down for companies like that. So im glad people are FINALLY taking a stand against devs who do shady shit like that.
If you honestly think that many people don't prefer the gameplay of SF4 to SF5 than I don't know what to tell you. The games just play differently, they changed things, and removed stuff with the explicit purpose of making it easier for newer people to adapt to the gameplay.

There are recent interviews out with people like Daigo breaking down, specifically and mechanically, what the differences are in gameplay and what they prefer. Not saying that it's right or wrong, but it's very different gameplay and people see that.

Saying "Well it was just a bad launch" is not being able to see the forest for the trees.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
If you honestly think that people don't prefer the gameplay of SF4 to SF5 than I don't know what to tell you. The games just play differently, they changed things, and removed things with the explicit purpose of making it easier for newer people to adapt to the gameplay.

There are recent interviews out with people like Daigo breaking down, specifically and mechanically, what the differences are in gameplay and what they prefer.

Not saying that it's right or wrong, but it's very different gameplay and people see that.

Saying "Well it was just a bad launch" is not being able to see the forest for the trees.
I didnt say people did or didnt prefer the gameplay. Alot of people probably prefer SF4 over SFV. But im saying SFV didnt do good in making believers out of those critics to keep their interest. Capcom and every company has a chance to make their game better than the last one and this one failed to most people. Capcom dropped the ball with SFV. Period.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
I didnt say people did or didnt prefer the gameplay. Alot of people probably prefer SF4 over SFV. But im saying SFV didnt do good in making believers out of those critics to keep their interest. Capcom and every company has a chance to make their game better than the last one and this one failed to most people. Capcom dropped the ball with SFV. Period.
I just don't think "First impressions are everything to people" accurately describes or gives credit to the discrepancies and quibbles people have with the actual gameplay of SFV. The hate it receives has to do with a lot more than the incomplete launch.

There are numerous examples of games that turned it around after a questionable launch and became more popular than ever (No Man's Sky), but people will only do that if they really like the gameplay.

GrandMasterson

The Netherrealm beckons
It's upsetting to me how the game feels to play in general. Immense recovery on everything, nerfed dash blocking, nerfed jumping, buffering being almost non-existent. I would be fine with the meta and balance if the game didn't feel so delayed and unresponsive. It just feels awful to me. Say what you want about how broken MK9 was, that game was snappy and responsive as hell and still feels great to play which is far more than I can say for MK11.

JBeezYBabY

Mr. Righteous
I just don't think "First impressions are everything to people" accurately describes or gives credit to the discrepancies and quibbles people have with the actual gameplay of SFV. The hate it receives has to do with a lot more than the incomplete launch.
It does when you're trying to sell your video game. Casuals are the biggest market hands down because thats where most of the money comes from. Especially with a company like Capcom who has been on the top of the food change for well over a decade plus! Once people start talking bad about your game, reviews come out, word of mouth, TY videos, articles, etc etc. Regardless of how the gameplay gets better over time, people no longer giveAshit besides their hardcore fanbase which was made by casuals who kept buying their games. Its a cycle. Creating trust in your product creates a fanbase. Capcom got too fucking comfortable with SFV w/ their trash ass launch and got humbled real quick.

DrFolmer

AKA Uncle Kano
It's upsetting to me how the game feels to play in general. Immense recovery on everything, nerfed dash blocking, nerfed jumping, buffering being almost non-existent. I would be fine with the meta and balance if the game didn't feel so delayed and unresponsive. It just feels awful to me. Say what you want about how broken MK9 was, that game was snappy and responsive as hell and still feels great to play which is far more than I can say for MK11.
Bro play Kabal and you can play Jump Force 2.0. Aint nobody finna contest that j2 lul

xenogorgeous

It does when you're trying to sell your video game. Casuals are the biggest market hands down because thats where most of the money comes from. Especially with a company like Capcom who has been on the top of the food change for well over a decade plus! Once people start talking bad about your game, reviews come out, word of mouth, TY videos, articles, etc etc. Regardless of how the gameplay gets better over time, people no longer giveAshit besides their hardcore fanbase which was made by casuals who kept buying their games. Its a cycle. Creating trust in your product creates a fanbase. Capcom got too fucking comfortable with SFV w/ their trash ass launch and got humbled real quick.
yep .... just see what happened to EA and Anthem ... if you think you can just come up, make a false advertisement promotion marketing, fool your fanbase, treat your customers as retards idiots that will support and buy everything you do, only because you built a "name" on the industry ..... sorry, that time , where did not exist globalization, no social medias, and information was not that easy accessible to almost everyone, it's gone .... :p

so, take care of your clients, be cool and fair, or just pay for the bad consequences, hehe :joker:

Last edited:

ExpectFlames

Lord of embers
Lol no. MK11 doesn't have nearly has many 50/50s as MKX. Not even remotely close.

This community wants to hate this game so bad they're willing to lie to themselves about how fucked up MKX was
This arguement is disingenuous, your missing context. The worst offender of 50/50s you can argue is pre patch QC. The crazy vortex that you had to fuzzy to survive was aids for sure no one argues that however. That strike vortex that QC gave is the same as the strike throw meta that everyone has now if you really think about it. Throw techs are by definition 50/50s that cause chip even if you tech.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator
Every fighting game is frustrating to casuals (except maybe Rising Thunder?). But we're having a discussion about experienced players and their reaction to the game. That's apples and oranges.

The truth is that even very experienced players, some of the best in the world, have issues with SFV's gameplay and the style of meta it has. Aside from any reviews or fan reactions, the reason the actual community is dragging the game has a lot to do with the changes they made.

Throw techs are by definition 50/50s that cause chip even if you tech.
Aaaaaand this was in MKX too.

MKX literally had every bit of throw 50/50 that MK11 has. We only notice the throws more here because why bother with a 14% 50/50 when you can take a third of your opponents lifebar playing MKX

I still can't get over how weird it is that I'm now in the position of having to argue that MK11 is not as 50/50 based as MKX. This is the weirdest timeline.

Last edited: