What's new

Why girls love MK so much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I don’t understand the point of this thread or your question. A better question would be “why do you like MK?” Or “What do you think it is about MK that attracts so many people”. Asking why women like MK so much is no different than asking why men like MK so much. It’s such a weird qualifier.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
btfo lul

delete your post bro before nrs players see it
Easier game doesn’t mean easy competition lol. I wasn’t trying to offend, MK is much more pick up and play, that’s all. It’s not some weird anime game with 8000 mechanics.

Pizza

Thrill Kill
Lol, so damn condescending. I get that maybe you feel awesome saying this kind of bullshit , but I think its kind of pathetic to be so damn defensive for nothing. Well, but i guess thats what kids do , i am right? ;)
And who are you, Mr. Big Shot from Hollywood?

Reactions: Zev
Honestly I thought my first post in this thread was gonna be my one and done but I take back what I originally said and am fully invested into finding out where this all leads in the end lmao.

Reactions: Zev
Sorry, don't get the joke...

Sorry for the stupid reaction of so many people that takes your question as a sexist remark or stupid. I dont think that you are being sexist or derogatory to women in general, but really feel ashamed of this so called community that is so damn square minded and full of mob mentality and easily offended for everything. Gosh, they play a game where you can rip the heart of anybody, yet they are offended if you dont pharaphrase everything in a inclusive fashion, even when its not the point of the thread.

Really disgusted that some people answer things like : "Because women breath air" or "girls play games, duh!", but for some reason, here about some of the worst kind of zealots and prima donnas, that gets offended about everything , and again, in a DAMN VIDEOGAME FORUM!!

Well answering your question, i think we all love the dark and powerful world of MK, where the fights are not a game of points or just rounds as in the case of SF for example, but actually to the death.

There is a rush in adrenaline when you survive a kombat and then do a fatality, and the characters are so powerfull that i guess many girls love the power sensation and also the female characters that, while sexy (although completely covered from top to bottom), are badass on their own term.

That is something that no game can give you IMHO.

I don’t understand the point of this thread or your question. A better question would be “why do you like MK?” Or “What do you think it is about MK that attracts so many people”. Asking why women like MK so much is no different than asking why men like MK so much. It’s such a weird qualifier.
I think the point is to know what does MK do that girls love it so much. Its like asking "Why men tend to love and buy X brand of car?" Remember that the franchise originally wasnt so much invested in pleasing women in particular, as in 1992 most of the fighting games , and many still now, are targeted to men.

Sorry for the stupid reaction of so many people that takes your question as a sexist remark or stupid. I dont think that you are being sexist or derogatory to women in general, but really feel ashamed of this so called community that is so damn square minded and full of mob mentality and easily offended for everything. Gosh, they play a game where you can rip the heart of anybody, yet they are offended if you dont pharaphrase everything in a inclusive fashion, even when its not the point of the thread.

Really disgusted that some people answer things like : "Because women breath air" or "girls play games, duh!", but for some reason, here about some of the worst kind of zealots and prima donnas, that gets offended about everything , and again, in a DAMN VIDEOGAME FORUM!!

Well answering your question, i think we all love the dark and powerful world of MK, where the fights are not a game of points or just rounds as in the case of SF for example, but actually to the death.

There is a rush in adrenaline when you survive a kombat and then do a fatality, and the characters are so powerfull that i guess many girls love the power sensation and also the female characters that, while sexy (although completely covered from top to bottom), are badass on their own term.

That is something that no game can give you IMHO.
Be disgusted all you want. It's not about being offended over everything. There's no actual evidence or numbers for what he's claiming. And there are plenty of constructive responses in this thread besides the ones of some of us just being goofy for the hell of it.

As stated many times throughout, Mortal Kombat is one of the best selling fight games overall. That in itself is inherently going to make it seem like "more girls" play Mortal Kombat, when the reality is that more PEOPLE, both men and women, play Mortal Kombat. So why do we need to ask "Why girls like Mortal Kombat?" What does being a girl have to do with liking the series? I guess we also need to make a "Why boys like Mortal Kombat thread?" since casual observation of the numbers would show that men prefer Mortal Kombat over other fighting games.

TL;DR there's no need to single out genders without any actual hard evidence showing that these claims are true. So let's just ask "Why do PEOPLE like Mortal Kombat over other fighters?" That is a conversation that can be had.

Be disgusted all you want. It's not about being offended over everything. There's no actual evidence or numbers for what he's claiming. And there are plenty of constructive responses in this thread besides the ones of some of us just being goofy for the hell of it.

As stated many times throughout, Mortal Kombat is one of the best selling fight games overall. That in itself is inherently going to make it seem like "more girls" play Mortal Kombat, when the reality is that more PEOPLE, both men and women, play Mortal Kombat. So why do we need to ask "Why girls like Mortal Kombat?" What does being a girl have to do with liking the series? I guess we also need to make a "Why boys like Mortal Kombat thread?" since casual observation of the numbers would show that men prefer Mortal Kombat over other fighting games.

TL;DR there's no need to single out genders without any actual hard evidence showing that these claims are true. So let's just ask "Why do PEOPLE like Mortal Kombat over other fighters?" That is a conversation that can be had.
Why? Explain why you need data and info and evidence, and all that kind of things, just because the guy said "girls" on his thread??

There should be no "right" reason for asking something, thats what i say.

As far as i see it, i didnt saw that he singled out genders for the sake of saying that women are not gamers or dont play games or similar.

Its just a thread about a question that he has, nothing else. Dont need to make a witchhunt for no reason. Only place you need evidence for something is in a trial or if you want to do
statistics, which its not the case.

And of course he its not asking about guys as he is a guy, and incredibly difficult to believe as it might sound, if you are a man, you probably dont really know much about a woman, less even about why she chooses one game instead of another.

That's your choice. I try not to surround myself with people I don't like though, especially not after making a flourish of insults towards everyone.
But again, if that's your thing...
That is your opinion of course, mine is that i dont like zealots and mob mentality, just that. Anything relating to the game its awesome to chat or share.

Law Hero

There is a head on a pole behind you

This was actually almost a really good post until the very end. I think you hit the nail on the head by pointing out that MK is incredibly popular all-around, and therefore more women will like it. I also believe this is the main reason that it seems so many women have a positive opinion of MK; it's simply more popular here in the west than other fighting games, especially commercially. The proportion of men-to-women that like MK may be the same compared to other games, but there's simply a larger number of female fans which gives the impression that it's more well-liked.

Anyway, the OP made an observation, then asked as simple question. No one is being "singled out" or attacked because of it. I seriously hope most of the people here don't intend to become scientists or researchers, because the total disdain for the scientific method around these parts is alarming.

This was actually almost a really good post until the very end. I think you hit the nail on the head by pointing out that MK is incredibly popular all-around, and therefore more women will like it. I also believe this is the main reason that it seems so many women have a positive opinion of MK; it's simply more popular here in the west than other fighting games, especially commercially. The proportion of men-to-women that like MK may be the same compared to other games, but there's simply a larger number of female fans which gives the impression that it's more well-liked.

Anyway, the OP made an observation, then asked as simple question. No one is being "singled out" or attacked because of it. I seriously hope most of the people here don't intend to become scientists or researchers, because the total disdain for the scientific method around these parts is alarming.
Probably only NRS has statistics about the demography of the playerbase. I believe we all love this game and sometimes are biased to believe that its the most popular for both genders! But i suppose its kind of forgivable as we are on a Mk forum full of hype atm.

Why? Explain why YOU need data and info and evidence, and all that kind of things, just because the guy said "girls" on his thread?? Its because you are offended or what?

Explain why that is SO important? As far as i see it, i didnt saw that he singled out genders for the sake of saying that women are not gamers or dont play games or similar.

Its just a thread about a question that he has, nothing else. Dont need to make a witchhunt for no reason. Only place you need evidence for something is in a trial or if you want to
statistics, which its not the case.

And of course he its not asking about guys as he is a guy, and incredibly difficult to believe as it might sound, if you are a man, you probably dont really know much about a woman, less even about why she chooses one game instead of another.
He made an observation, and people are telling him why that observation doesn't exactly add up to something that can be discussed. You keep saying people are offended, but you're the one literally getting offended and getting mad at other people. There's definitely some flame baiting on both ends. But again, many people have been decently constructive about the topic. Many people have simply pointed out the flawed logic of the question. Being constructive about something does not mean we hate the OP or we want him to burn.

But yeah go off.

HeavyNorse

#BlackLivesMatter
When making statements and assumptions of any kind without any legit source material to back those up with, your credibility slowly disappears.
When making such statements and assumptions targeted towards a group of people without such source materiel, it comes off as very ignorant and stereo-typing.

As I've mentioned earlier in this thread, girls and women playing games, even fighting games, therein Mortal Kombat, is not something new or strange. And as other people have already explained to you, Mortal Kombat is the most popular of fighting games, so a lot more people play them, which includes women as well.

Those are very good explanations and reasonable answers to the OP, yet he continues to be all "We may never know!" as if baffled that girls play Mortal Kombat, which just kinda adds to the segregation of female gamers from the rest of the community. There's no reason to do that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.