What's new

Question - Special Forces Why does this variation seem underused?

Why do you think this variation is underused

• Total voters

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
Breh I've been using the shit out of this varitation it's ridicoulous just let everyone sleep on it so they don't know what hit them

Marte

Noob
Probably cause many people still think variations with 50/50s (like Covert Ops) should always be the first choice.

MsMiharo

Kuff Bano
There's no reason why she shouldn't be able to buffer her drone attacks, that I can think of at least. If that was changed she'd see a lot more play.

Also why not make her be able to use drone attacks mid combo/input? Now before you say "that would be hella cheap", "she would get pseudo unblockables", etc just remembers a certain bald warlock.

Jolt

Uprise
I tried out Summoner Quan in practice last night and his bat is so responsive. I don't personally like the idea of using directional controls with it, but if the drone attacks were as consistent as using the bat, I think Special Forces would have a stronger following for sure.

IrishMantis

Most humble shit talker ever!!!
I tried out Summoner Quan in practice last night and his bat is so responsive. I don't personally like the idea of using directional controls with it, but if the drone attacks were as consistent as using the bat, I think Special Forces would have a stronger following for sure.
Yeah I think turning the drones to left bumper like Quan would really help, don't know why they didn't

Does turning on Input Shortcuts allow for more lenient cancel windows on hit or block? Jax has some precise timings for his bf2d overhead that disappear when you toggle the setting to 'on'. Might apply to SF too?

There's no reason why she shouldn't be able to buffer her drone attacks, that I can think of at least. If that was changed she'd see a lot more play.

Also why not make her be able to use drone attacks mid combo/input? Now before you say "that would be hella cheap", "she would get pseudo unblockables", etc just remembers a certain bald warlock.
that would be nice but remember that his goes away when hes hit.

Ninequads93

Beware your Fears
I don't see why f2 into low kamikaze doesn't combo outside of being really close in the corner :/

Also don't think a lot of her frame data on drones are correct

Last edited:

skater11

The saltiest
I have all the gimmicks and oki's for SF sonya and trust me, she's not "useless" at all. Very rewarding character.

Numbskull727

happiness is a warm gun
I think it's a good variation, really fun to play. In Demo you start with grenades and can reload at the end of a combo, In SF you need to get the drone out from scratch and re-summon it again. You have to do this every round or when you miss a drone re-summon, you can't carry your drone over to the next round like grenades. I think that's why it turns people off, this is one of the most momentum fueled variations in the game imo.