What's new

Question - Jason Voorhees Why Does Jason Need Nerfs?

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Wait . . . So, there are actually fucking people who think Slasher needs nerfs and that Unstoppable is S tier?

K guys
Unstoppable will definitely be 5-7 S tier if the current top 5 get their nerfs in the upcoming patch. That's dumb obvious. Even sonic think it's S-tier if I'm not worthy enough to convince you lol

Slasher nerfs are meh. I don't think slasher needs a nerf. His dirt is what half the cast has in this game. Safe 50 50s

EDIT- This thread definitely brought out the worst of this website tho smh

Can we talk about Slasher that has SAFE 50/50s that leads into a meterless 40% combo on the corner?

The solution: make Slasher's shoulder charge -20 on block. If I guess wrong, I'll eat 40%; If I guess right, I'll punish him with 40%.
What's slashers safe 50/50? Doesn't shoulder charge knock you down also?

Invincible Salads

Seeker of knowledge
Unstoppable will definitely be 5-7 S tier if the current top 5 get their nerfs in the upcoming patch. That's dumb obvious. Even sonic think it's S-tier if I'm not worthy enough to convince you lol

Slasher nerfs are meh. I don't think slasher needs a nerf. His dirt is what half the cast has in this game. Safe 50 50s

EDIT- This thread definitely brought out the worst of this website tho smh
and just because a character MAY potentially be towards the top after the patch is no excuse to simply go and nerf the character....sounds like u just don't like jason and lose to him a lot...

Shade667

#StrongisthenewCute
And so will reptile, jax and ferra torr.
Doesnt mean we should nerf them in anticipation.

Literally the only thing to nerf about him is to nerf his d1 to not be obnoxious, which would be -3 or -4 at worst. Any more is just people being butthurt.
And then fix slashers hitbox inconsistenies/whiffing issues.

hkriderz

and just because a character MAY potentially be towards the top after the patch is no excuse to simply go and nerf the character....sounds like u just don't like jason and lose to him a lot...
It's not "MAY" it will. Plus I am not asking for nerfs to lower the character down a tier. His d1 needs to go, and personally I want his command grab to have slightly more recovery. It has "Sonya divekick" levels of recovery as of now. These changes will make no difference and he will be perfectly balanced.

I go game to game with Jason's. His d1 is very crippling to deal with unless you have a 7 or 6 frame d1, and his command grab is obnoxious.

It's not "MAY" it will. Plus I am not asking for nerfs to lower the character down a tier. His d1 needs to go, and personally his command grab needs slightly more recovery. These changes will make no difference and he will be perfectly balanced.

I go game to game with Jason's. His d1 is very crippling to deal with unless you have a 7 or 6 frame d1, and his command grab is very abusable unless you have launching armor or a fast NJP
no, u just don't know the matchup, u dont know when to d4, when u can jump out

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
Yeah, I was wrong about the throws. Definitely.

It's not an infinite, not even in the corner. Multiple d1s will push him away from Tremor and Liu on block.

They can armor as well, or even jump out. I asked about it and it was confirmed by 16 Bit that you can jump out of multiple blocked d1s.

There's nothing infinite about it.
If he has his buff on noone can armor, just to let you know.

And I can't believe some people, and even @16 Bit himself, are defending this just because it's 'technically' not an "infinite". While that has been a major talking point, it doesnt matter whether it's an infinite, or whether it gets away on a technicality it still needs to go.

It's the only thing in the game like this, and while there aren't any "rules" on how the pokes work exactly, this is just dumb.

Fixing this has no bearing on his tier placement. Just sort the stupid D1 shit out.

Last edited:

dennycascade

UPR_ghastem
If he has his buff on noone can armor, just to let you know.

And I can't believe some people, and even @16 Bit himself, are defending this just because it's 'technically' not an "infinite". While that has been a major talking point, whether it's an infinite, or whether it gets away on a technicality it still needs to go.

It's the only thing in the game like this, and while there aren't any "rules" on how the pokes work exactly, this is just dumb.

Fixing this has no bearing on his tier placement. Just sort the stupid D1 shit out.
Agreed, when opponents have to hold multiple d1's with no escape option (because of damage buff) until he's pushed back too far, it's basically the equivalent of jailing pressure being initiated off a 6 frame mid. That's not something that jason needs and it could end up being yet another braindead thing that kills hype in tourneys.

hkriderz

no, u just don't know the matchup, u dont know when to d4, when u can jump out
Responses like this make people take you less seriously btw

I know the gaps and I don't need a random to tell me. It's not like I said its inescapable, just tough to deal with.

Please delete this thread from existence mods

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
just tough to deal with.
How is this in any way a criteria for a nerf? You HAVE to have tough to deal with stuff in fighters, that's generally what's considered good. Why does that kind of stuff have to go?

Plus, half the people in here don't even know what the hell they're talking about! We just found out that you can jump out after three, and maybe less in the corner, and now it's just "well it's tough to deal with its gotta go". Are people disingenuous or stupid, I can't tell.

hkriderz

How is this in any way a criteria for a nerf? You HAVE to have tough to deal with stuff in fighters, that's generally what's considered good. Why does that kind of stuff have to go?

Plus, half the people in here don't even know what the hell they're talking about! We just found out that you can jump out after three, and maybe less in the corner, and now it's just "well it's tough to deal with its gotta go". Are people disingenuous or stupid, I can't tell.
There's a lot of balanced stuff that's tough to deal with. Quan chi zoning is tough to deal with, Johnny and Liu pressure is tough to deal with, sub zeros clone is tough to deal with etc..

A six frame poke that's freaking -2 on block is not fair to deal with. Do you even read what you said? Wait till he d1s you three times and then you have a way out. Are you kidding me? Is that the counterpoking meta of this game? No it's sure as hell not

It's "have an 8 frame move or faster or just deal with it." Just because it's "not technically an infinite or truly broken" it doesn't mean it doesn't deserve adjustments. Adjustements that literally don't affect Jason in the slightest. His d1 is -5 now? Big whoop. But for every other character it's a deserved "nerf"

Now please let this thread die in hell

thlityoursloat

kick kick
Did I just hear somebody say a 6 poke that's -2 on block is more unfair than JC pressure and SZ ice clone corner rape?

Please end me.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Tbh King is a top player and all but there's a reason only Madeofmetal has liked his post so far.

The only difference between Jason and Alien, as far as hype goes, is how good Alien is. If Alien were a day 1 shitter that so many people wanted buffs for, and Jason were this ugly guest character winning tournament after tournament, the roles would be reversed.

Top characters are resident sleeper characters. It has nothing to do with their playstyles. Demo is resident sleeper and her design is dope. Mileena is neutral heavy.
I don't think that's entirely true imo. Like I honestly like watching Kano (even though he's crazy) and I could even enjoy watching A-List, Ronin, hell even mileena. Foxy's is just boring because he plays so patient lol. But alien and demolition are just so cut and dry. Like you know exactly what those 2 characters are gonna do all the time

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
I don't think that's entirely true imo. Like I honestly like watching Kano (even though he's crazy) and I could even enjoy watching A-List, Ronin, hell even mileena. Foxy's is just boring because he plays so patient lol. But alien and demolition are just so cut and dry. Like you know exactly what those 2 characters are gonna do all the time
I feel like watching mileena 100% depends on the player as far as how enjoyable it is. Foxy is the mileena who plays patiently and has some great space control, but it's boring. HOWEVER! If you want hype Mileena, you watch Saltface play. Saltface's Mileena is fast and relentless and some of the most fun you'll have watching this game, great stuff.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
I feel like watching mileena 100% depends on the player as far as how enjoyable it is. Foxy is the mileena who plays patiently and has some great space control, but it's boring. HOWEVER! If you want hype Mileena, you watch Saltface play. Saltface's Mileena is fast and relentless and some of the most fun you'll have watching this game, great stuff.
Right. That's exactly what I mean. The characters that are hype to watch are unused characters and ones with variety to them. Like I love watching Jax and Ermac

Reactions: GAV

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Right. That's exactly what I mean. The characters that are hype to watch are unused characters and ones with variety to them. Like I love watching Jax and Ermac
I love watching a really good Kotal. But I think my favorite character to watch has got to be Dualist Liu Kang. That character has so many nuances and when a player like FOREVER EL1TE shows that on screen, I get so hype. It all just flows so nicely.