What's new

Question - Jason Voorhees Why Does Jason Need Nerfs?

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
Also, as Tremor I put myself in the corner and set Jason to do repeated d1s on me. As a Reversal, I'm able to throw him out of multiple attempts with consistency.

So the people that told me that I was wrong about throwing Jason out of his d1 are actually full of shit. Fancy that, on TYM.

Added note: WhIle cornered, I am also jumping out.

D1 Infinite officially debunked.
The reason the throw is winning is that your d1 timing is off. Try the opposite and set the dummy to reversal throw and attempt to beat it with d1 d1. Might take a few tries, but once you learn the block stun timing, you should be beating the throws.

The jump I never made a statement on. Glad to see that's an option.

E

Eldriken

It's not even pseudo. If I'm Reversal Throwing with Liu and Tremor after one blocked d1, literally anyone can. Unless pseudo infinite means, "like three of them."

So what's the next talking point for why Jason needs nerfs?
That works if they make the right read. They don't know if Jason's gonna do d1 again after a blocked d1. I never agreed with anyone that it was an actual infinite or anything. I see your point and it's good you're bringing to light that there are ways around it. But as always, when you're in the lab, you're in a set environment. So what you're capable of doing consistently in the lab doesn't always translate that well into an actual environment.

As with everything in this game, it all comes down to the right reads.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
"Like an actual poke."

You know there is no universal amount of - frames that every poke shares in this game, right?

As in, every poke has different frame data?
What I mean by an actual poke is that the poke is able to be counterpoked with a mid or other if blocked, like every poke in this game as far as I'm aware. Jason can do a blocked d1 into a 9 frame mid which is not true counterpoking meta. If it was -5 he would not be able to do this and the world will be better off lol

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
The reason the throw is winning is that your d1 timing is off. Try the opposite and set the dummy to reversal throw and attempt to beat it with d1 d1. Might take a few tries, but once you learn the block stun timing, you should be beating the throws.

The jump I never made a statement on. Glad to see that's an option.

I tried it on both ends and the throw can beat it. I mashed it, I timed it more deliberately and it works.

It's not an infinite. It will never be an infinite.

Rude

That works if they make the right read. They don't know if Jason's gonna do d1 again after a blocked d1. I never agreed with anyone that it was an actual infinite or anything. I see your point and it's good you're bringing to light that there are ways around it. But as always, when you're in the lab, you're in a set environment. So what you're capable of doing consistently in the lab doesn't always translate that well into an actual environment.

As with everything in this game, it all comes down to the right reads.
So we should nerf a character because he's forcing you to make a read?

Rude

What I mean by an actual poke is that the poke is able to be counterpoked with a mid or other if blocked, like every poke in this game as far as I'm aware. Jason can do a blocked d1 into a 9 frame mid which is not true counterpoking meta. If it was -5 he would not be able to do this and the world will be better off lol
Kung Lao can do a d1 and beat counterpokes by immediately Ia divekick after. Do we nerf his d1, too?

E

Eldriken

So we should nerf a character because he's forcing you to make a read?
Nah. While I'm on the same side as the folks saying it should be a bit more negative on block, I'm not clamoring on about it the way they are. If it stays, fine. I use the character, so if it stays, it means I get to use it the way it's currently being used. If it gets changed, oh well. I will just have to adjust.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Jason doesn't really need nerfs. I think he is in contention for the 9 and 10 spots of top 10, around the same as Jax, Jacqui, Liu Kang, Shinnok, Kotal, Tremor and Smoke. He isn't really doing anything super unfair. D1 could use a small adjustment, but Jason's rework was amazing. He was total shit before and they made it work. I even main a character who suffers most from this "block infinite"(lmao) and after a bit of mashing he is pushed back and has to move in. To say you have no options is a little off.

E

Eldriken

Jason doesn't really need nerfs. I think he is in contention for the 9 and 10 spots of top 10, around the same as Jax, Jacqui, Liu Kang, Shinnok, Kotal, Tremor and Smoke. He isn't really doing anything super unfair. D1 could use a small adjustment, but Jason's rework was amazing. He was total shit before and they made it work. I even main a character who suffers most from this "block infinite"(lmao) and after a bit of mashing he is pushed back and has to move in. To say you have no options is a little off.
Exactly what I've said since Jason received his buffs. His buffs are what all future buffs should be based around. They're fair and balanced for the most part. There is an adjustment that would be nice here or there, but other than that, he's not breaking the game, super top tier, etc.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
@The_Tile Liu Kang's shit was way worse than this though and the Ferra/Torr vs SR Takeda as well.

Though I will say that Unstoppable with the buff up vs LK, SZ, or Tremor in the corner is dumb af, Liu Kang could just chip your life away.

hkriderz

Kung Lao can do a d1 and beat counterpokes by immediately Ia divekick after. Do we nerf his d1, too?
What?! lmao, no he can't. And just to make sure I labbed it. Any mid will hit Lao out of the instant dive kick. Smh at the comparison.

Plus that's his divekick's instant air speed not his poke, which is 8 frames and -5!! Lmao this is the dumbest argument you presented so far.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
Exactly what I've said since Jason received his buffs. His buffs are what all future buffs should be based around. They're fair and balanced for the most part. There is an adjustment that would be nice here or there, but other than that, he's not breaking the game, super top tier, etc.
Yeah, D1 is really the only cringey thing he does. It's not like Alien, Demolition, Piercing, or Cutthroat levels of cringe at all.

E

Eldriken

Yeah, D1 is really the only cringey thing he does. It's not like Alien, Demolition, Piercing, or Cutthroat levels of cringe at all.
Agreed. Getting to see Jason on stream at a tournament is like the hypest thing ever. I fucking love watching high level Jason players. SaltFace's Slasher is a sight to behold. Fuckin' poetry in motion. XD Really good Unstoppable players are amazing to watch as well.

thlityoursloat

kick kick
True, some argue that his damage buff is retarded but let's not forget that it probably has the worst recovery of any move in the game lol.

hkriderz

True, some argue that his damage buff is (soap bar in my mouth) but let's not forget that it probably has the worst recovery of any move in the game lol.
Well to be fair it can become safe or even plus enough to armor break after some combos. If you're dumb enough to activate it in the opponents face then yeah I agree.

The_Tile

Your hole is mine!
@The_Tile Liu Kang's shit was way worse than this though and the Ferra/Torr vs SR Takeda as well.

Though I will say that Unstoppable with the buff up vs LK, SZ, or Tremor in the corner is dumb af, Liu Kang could just chip your life away.
I know it's not quite 'as bad', but when you're using the same arguments to defend this as their broken stuff you know somethings up.

The only thing that's needs to change is his D1. Everything else is fine tbh.

E

Eldriken

Well to be fair it can become safe or even plus enough to armor break after some combos. If you're dumb enough to activate it in the opponents face then yeah I agree.
Imagine if you could cancel into the EX damage buff on hit/block and it would allow you to continue pressuring/comboing them? FFFUUUUU

The tears would roll in. @_@

hkriderz

Imagine if you could cancel into the EX damage buff on hit/block and it would allow you to continue pressuring/comboing them? FFFUUUUU

The tears would roll in. @_@
I think cooljaxx found an extremely tight link off of f2 ex damage b3. He said it connects but it's hella tight. Yea though I feel you o_o

Second Saint

A man with too many names.
I tried it on both ends and the throw can beat it. I mashed it, I timed it more deliberately and it works.

It's not an infinite. It will never be an infinite.
Yeah, the throw CAN beat it, if your timing is off. It's a 2 frame link to beat the throw. This is math, Rude. If d1, d1 literally can't beat a throw, let's pack up the entire thread because the frame data is actually wrong and this has all been an even more pointless conversation than usual.

I also never claimed it was an infinite. Reactionary people did. Anyone who actually understood what they were talking about made the claims that it can't be counter poked by certain characters and the problem becomes compounded in the corner where you can't backdash and with the armor breaking buff. At the very worst, it's highly situational strong pressure. I should've actually explained my position to you from the beginning instead of just commenting on frame data.

Rude

What?! lmao, no he can't. And just to make sure I labbed it. Any mid will hit Lao out of the instant dive kick. Smh at the comparison.

Plus that's his divekick's instant air speed not his poke, which is 8 frames and -5!! Lmao this is the dumbest argument you presented
so I guess Slayer, when he played Lao and did that exact thing I'm describing, or DJT, who also did that with Lao, were making it up?

Fair enough, but you're still trying to apply universal frame data to pokes that are not universal. A lot of characters can do things after a blocked poke.

-5 doesn't automatically mean your turn is over. They can armor, they can backdash. You could mistime your button and they get to go into something else.

Look at Boneshaper. His main string is -5, yet Wound lands d1s after it often. Do you think that's made up?

-5 doesn't guarantee you anything.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I know it's not quite 'as bad', but when you're using the same arguments to defend this as their broken stuff you know somethings up.

The only thing that's needs to change is his D1. Everything else is fine tbh.
Yeah I agree. Broken is just such a strong word. The only characters from any version of the game I would say are broken would be the launch version of Liu Kang and CEO 2015 Tanya. Liu had the jailing cancels and a plus 14 fly kick mb soooo. Rip af