What's new

Question - Goro Why does Goro need buffs?

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Goro could use hitbox fixes, a KW specific buff since that variation is booty, and maybe a buff for his green fireball since it's worthless.

He might even need nerfs on his safety depending on how much this patch wants to change.

I don't agree he has good damage. It's mediocre at best, possibly even a weakness of his.
Goros damage is perfectly fine. That would be a super unnecessary buff. 40%+ damage mid screen 1 bar 35% meterless midsceen and close to 50% in the corner for 1 bar.

He is fine in that department.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
You guys think ex punchwalk should be punishable?

Goro is bad, but I think if he gets buffed that safe armor launcher needs to go too.

Last edited:

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You
Goros damage is perfectly fine. That would be a super unnecessary buff. 40%+ damage mid screen 1 bar 35% meterless midsceen and close to 50% in the corner for 1 bar.

Yea I'm not sure why people keep saying his damage is bad...his damage is fine.

CrazyFingers

The Power of Lame Compels You

Goro is bad, but I think if he gets buffed that safe armor launcher needs to go too.
I think that depends on what changes he gets. If only gets like a couple of decent changes, getting rid of that might hurt him too much. It also just feels right that goro has like the only safe armored launcher. Man's got 4 arms :p

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
I think that depends on what changes he gets. If only gets like a couple of decent changes, getting rid of that might hurt him too much. It also just feels right that goro has like the only safe armored launcher. Man's got 4 arms :p
Tremor says hi :rolleyes:

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?

What do you think of his mid-screen meter-less damage off of anything besides B1?

Can you post some footage of the combo's you mentioned. I'm having trouble finding them.

Last edited:

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
What do you think of his midscreen meterless damage off of anything besides B1?
Goro does not use Punchwalk in any of his B1 combos which is why I think buffing PW damage is acceptable.
If Shinnok can deal with it so can Goro. I would rather just have a buff where PW doesn't drop when it isn't supposed to.

Also I found this, haven't posted it yet but this version of PW doesn't recapture.

Last edited:

Wetdoba

All too easy...
Lackey players would be chastised and labelled complete retard downplayers if I complained about even half of these "weaknesses" even though they all apply to Lackey too.

UGL Preon

The Casual God
Doesnt NEED buffs. However when Goro players look at the horizon and see how MUGEN some of these characters are, how could you blame them when they ask out of envy.

They want to play "Mugen Kombat X" too

Alright RyRy

Florida Kombat
Alright so hear me out on this...
What if Shokan Grab/Stabs dealt 3% more damage? Wait don't leave...
When you factor in combo scaling, the end result to his combo damage is more like +1%. Meanwhile his grappling skills would be much more formidable. Thoughts?
that would be fine, 14% isn't really lot. I honestly would be happier if they either increased the hit advantage or make it so Goro didn't throw you as far away.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast

Yes please. I can't believe you actually got away with it without being crucified here lmao.

I always never understood the logic behind a safe double armor launcher that recaptures airborne opponents and nets 32% and is -5 on block with the ability to hitconfirm it. I don't think Goro needs buffs at all IMO, but if he gets any Ex punchwalk should be punishable.

juicepouch

blink-182 enthusiast
Yes please. I can't believe you actually got away with it without being crucified here lmao.

I always never understood the logic behind a safe double armor launcher that recaptures airborne opponents and nets 32% and is -5 on block with the ability to hitconfirm it. I don't think Goro needs buffs at all IMO, but if he gets any Ex punchwalk should be punishable.
Because even with Ex PW Goro is garbo

Why take away his 1 piece of obnoxious dirt

Colest

Mid-Tier 'Mancer Main

In fairness to my argument I didn't ask for a damage buff, just said that his damage was not a strength. 35% meterless is pretty ideal with him. Definitely not the average conversion or bnb with him.

hkriderz

Lin Kuei Scum, yellow robot enthusiast
Because even with Ex PW Goro is garbo

Why take away his 1 piece of obnoxious dirt
Goro is nowhere near garbo and that is pure bs. He has gotten enough buffs to be a good character. And if he gets buffed again, this shit needs to go cause he doesn't need much to be super good.

Hello everyone as you guys can see by looking at my profile picture I am a Girl main and I have been since release. I m going to be the voice of reason here and spit the truth out our character is too strong and need a nerf

Solomon Gorondy

Should Goro be top 5?
He's bottom 5
Just thought I would provide some evidence for your claim.
http://www.eventhubs.com/tiers/mkx/
As of this day, Out of 100 variations Kuatan Warrior is ranked 95th, Dragon Fangs is ranked 81st, and Tigrar is ranked 60th, on the Event Hubs tier list.

Edit: The tier placement is an average of at least 800 peoples different rankings which means there are a lot of people putting Kuatan Warrior in last place.

Last edited: