What's new

Question Why Does Bane Have To Be One Of The Worst?

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I should clarify. By one I mean one standing command grab.
They all have AA grabs, super grabs etc.
Yeah. That is fine. I mean as long as they have AA and super grabs... that is exactly why I think Bane is a grappler. He has one command grab, an AA grab, and a super grab. So that is good enough for me.

The purpuse of their command grab is different from Bane's.
Bane's can catch backdashes, and you can put armor on it.
With venom it pretty much does the same thing.
Why would you backdash against Bane when jumping back is usually the better answer? And command grab can be backdashed out of. It doesnt penetrate backdash invincibility frames. Having venom on command grab doesnt matter because Bane's biggest issue is he cant get people to stop mashing buttons or jumping around. Command grab is so slow you can do a D1 which will absorb by armor but have enough time to jump up and full combo Bane on the way down in his recovery frames.

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
I never cared for Bane in TDKR, especially not his goat.se mask.
This and Hathaway being CW is why I still have NOT watched Dark Knight Rises. Bane's too skinny and his mask is repugnant. I don't know if I want to have Hathaway's CW in my brain. Julie Newmar & Michelle Pfeiffer were purrfect Catwomen. I highly doubt AH could light the candle to hold up to them. Also, TDKR is reserved for The Dark Knight Returns ;)
Characters like NW, KF, and the like are faster attackers than Bane, meaning they can do more hits in a short amount of time than Bane. The game was built to cater to several demographics and thus, has many flaws, which I will opt not to elucidate here. Imo, Bane isn't as bad as you make him out to be. I play Lobo quite a bit, and his uphill battle is Everest, where Bane's uphill terrain is shorter.
Truly, I agree with several others in that you need to work on your game more and complain less. Bane has several tools that one needs to invest serious time into, in order to maximize his potential. Instead of seeking solace in others' concurrence with your opinion, seek others to spar with that play Bane, so you can learn more about him and how others play him. You'll find this a much more productive endeavor than this thread could ever produce.

Lastly, I am also an artist, but I curtail my love of capital letters in order to make things easier for others who may not appreciate nor notice the aesthetics involved. As an artist, one sees the world differently than most people. However, we need to be able to communicate with others and in most instances this requires a less artistic approach.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Worse frame traps than superman? I'll try to remember that while I'm belting out 15 attacks in order that have maybe 1 frame of space between each link. I think the longest link I can do is about 15 or so, not counting if you happen to balls up the blocking and the entire sequence resets itself.

Worse frame traps than superman? I'll try to remember that while I'm belting out 15 attacks in order that have maybe 1 frame of space between each link. I think the longest link I can do is about 15 or so, not counting if you happen to balls up the blocking and the entire sequence resets itself.
Or they could just back dash.

This and Hathaway being CW is why I still have NOT watched Dark Knight Rises. Bane's too skinny and his mask is repugnant. I don't know if I want to have Hathaway's CW in my brain. Julie Newmar & Michelle Pfeiffer were purrfect Catwomen. I highly doubt AH could light the candle to hold up to them. Also, TDKR is reserved for The Dark Knight Returns ;)
Characters like NW, KF, and the like are faster attackers than Bane, meaning they can do more hits in a short amount of time than Bane. The game was built to cater to several demographics and thus, has many flaws, which I will opt not to elucidate here. Imo, Bane isn't as bad as you make him out to be. I play Lobo quite a bit, and his uphill battle is Everest, where Bane's uphill terrain is shorter.
Truly, I agree with several others in that you need to work on your game more and complain less. Bane has several tools that one needs to invest serious time into, in order to maximize his potential. Instead of seeking solace in others' concurrence with your opinion, seek others to spar with that play Bane, so you can learn more about him and how others play him. You'll find this a much more productive endeavor than this thread could ever produce.

Lastly, I am also an artist, but I curtail my love of capital letters in order to make things easier for others who may not appreciate nor notice the aesthetics involved. As an artist, one sees the world differently than most people. However, we need to be able to communicate with others and in most instances this requires a less artistic approach.
Playing against Bane is the worst way to ever learn to play against any other matchup. Nothing in Bane v Bane is applicable in any other matchup.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Or they could just back dash.
I've had people try that, surprisingly not that many people can actually escape with a backdash. The reach on d.1 is monstrous, and if it lands as a hit the entire string starts over again. There's only a 1 frame space inbetween certain moves, everything else is just framed and execution dependant.

I've had people try that, surprisingly not that many people can actually escape with a backdash. The reach on d.1 is monstrous, and if it lands as a hit the entire string starts over again. There's only a 1 frame space inbetween certain moves, everything else is just framed and execution dependant.
Sounds worth it. All those 2 and 3 percent hits and .2 blocks really add up.

PunkMafia83

PSN: YaRnToNpUnKMAFIA
You are the only who gets it I swear.......

Sasuga

Noob
Why would some other character be the worst.

Offtopic: I haven't read through your entire post because I thought it was difficult to read. Why do you use capitals for every word?

SPECTRELIGHT

F, D, F + HP
Playing against Bane is the worst way to ever learn to play against any other matchup. Nothing in Bane v Bane is applicable in any other matchup.
Kool.
Perhaps veteran Bane players could meet him in training mode and have Yoshi be another character and show them ways to deal with their mix-ups etc.?

Offtopic: I haven't read through your entire post because I thought it was difficult to read. Why do you use capitals for every word?
It's his own "style". He was pressed to stop by those who refused to leave the thread, so no need to worry about it anymore.
To be fair, you haven't said anything worth contributing either :p
It might be good to induce some evaluating of Bane, I suppose.
This guy doesn't have a clue. All of his problems are his and not the character's. ._.
Kool.
Perhaps veteran Bane players could meet him in training mode and have Yoshi be another character and show them ways to deal with their mix-ups etc.?
Great! Let's all teach SaiyanYoshi the ways of Bane.

Dog With A Beer

Bane (noun): a source of harm, ruin or death.
Besides his super strength and history of "breaking" Batman, is there anything remotely cool about Bane? Seems like an idiotic Mexican boxer stereotype addicted to cocaine (venom).

Thank god for The Dark Knight Rises.
TDKR Bane is nothing compared to comic Bane: Born into a prison to serve his father's crime, mother dies shortly thereafter, manages to get a classical education by reading in prison, is quadrilingual, stabs an inmate to death at age 8, is haunted by nightmares of a "bat demon", thrown into solitary in a cell that floods every high tide, is injected with experimental steroids until he breaks free... and then, at all of age 20, deduces Batman's identity in a month or two and proceeds to outsmart and break the bat. And I mean break Batman to the point where someone else has to come handle Bane as Batman (Azrael) and is forced to bring Bane to the brink of death over many battles to finally overthrow him.

WHAT A BAD ASS!!

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
Bane is straight-up garbage in this game. Does he have a single advantageous MU? Hell, does he have a single 5/5 MU? The majority of his normals and specials are useless, with some even on the verge of being liabilities. For a character who's supposed to be an up-close monster, he sure seems to be outclassed up-close by some of the best zoning characters in the game (Superman and Deathstroke). His damage output is pitiful, and even with Venom he has trouble matching the damage output of most of the cast, and those characters don't have to suffer a game-breaking nerf to reach their highest damage output potential. Having armor doesn't really do much when you barely manage to do more damage than you took armoring through an attack. What's worse is that Bane's fundamental design is absolutely broken to the point that no buff besides a straight-up redesign of his entire concept will ever make him a viable high-level competitor.

RYX

BIG PUSHER
Bane is straight-up garbage in this game. Does he have a single advantageous MU? Hell, does he have a single 5/5 MU? The majority of his normals and specials are useless, with some even on the verge of being liabilities. For a character who's supposed to be an up-close monster, he sure seems to be outclassed up-close by some of the best zoning characters in the game (Superman and Deathstroke). His damage output is pitiful, and even with Venom he has trouble matching the damage output of most of the cast, and those characters don't have to suffer a game-breaking nerf to reach their highest damage output potential. Having armor doesn't really do much when you barely manage to do more damage than you took armoring through an attack. What's worse is that Bane's fundamental design is absolutely broken to the point that no buff besides a straight-up redesign of his entire concept will ever make him a viable high-level competitor.
Bolded text. He goes 5-5 with most of the cast and beats a handful of characters.

Stop. stop it right now. Also no he isn't out-classed by Deathstroke. He has Deathstroke's range on his swords with far faster moves He doesn't need damage when he has set-ups that are difficult as shit and can kill you with a hard knockdown on level 3 Venom into super. Most of the cast? He does close to 60% with no meter, that's MILES better than a lot of characters. Having armor helps a lot considering you can stuff pretty much every counter-attack, force them to try dash backing only to command grab their shit and put them back in step one. You're not supposed to be going level 3 herp derp YOLO all day and with meter you can mitigate the problem on any debuff with armored launchers to check a knockdown. You get a free combo if it hits which will 100% run out the debuff and on block you get free pressure which done right will burn quite a bit too. Learn how to manage your Venom and this character's options will really open up.

I don't think you know anything about Bane to be honest. He's mid-tier as of right now.