What's new

Question Why Does Bane Have To Be One Of The Worst?

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
But Bane Is Not A True Grappler. Bane Just Has One Command Throw. Killer Frost Can Be Considered a Grappler But She is Also Good At Zoning And A Monster Up Close. What Im Saying Is Why Cant Bane Be A Monster Up Close Like The Other Characters? Why Does He Need to Be Lacking up Close And Useless From Afar?
Well grapplers are limited from afar. And Bane is a true grappler. I mean zangief has only one command throw so does Tager from blazblue. You would think you need a bunch of throws to be consider you don't really. And grapplers are never "monster" up close they throw out meaty pokes and setup tick throws. A grappelr isn't going to overwhelm you. Also Killer Frost isn't that good at zoning...those daggers are i13.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
Bane's armor makes up close engagements tilted in his favor (well, semi-character dependent also). His corner game is also one of the most disgusting things in the game. Have you guys fought a lot of the high ranked players with Bane yet?
Yeah. Bane has one of the most filthy corner games in Injustice.

Well grapplers are limited from afar. And Bane is a true grappler. I mean zangief has only one command throw so does Tager from blazblue. You would think you need a bunch of throws to be consider you don't really. And grapplers are never "monster" up close they throw out meaty pokes and setup tick throws. A grappelr isn't going to overwhelm you. Also Killer Frost isn't that good at zoning...those daggers are i13.
A 20 Frame Grapple Is Bad Design For A Grappler. Can You Imagine If Gief Had a 20 Frame Command Throw? He Would Get Poked Out To Death All Day Up Close. Which Is What Happens To Bane. Bane Doesnt Have Much To Scare Opponents Into Sitting There And Wanting To Stop Pressing Buttons. His D1 Is Super Slow So He Cant Fight Back With Pokes Of His Own. All He Can Really Do Is Go In Trait And Mash Overhead For 8%. Point Is At Least Killer Frost Is Not Useless From Afar And Can Do Things WHILE Being Better Then Bane Up Close

Bane's armor makes up close engagements tilted in his favor (well, semi-character dependent also). His corner game is also one of the most disgusting things in the game. Have you guys fought a lot of the high ranked players with Bane yet?
Bane's Corner Game Is One Of The Most Disgusting In The Game? Then What Do you Call Killer Frost's Corner Game? Batman? Aquaman? Grundy? Superman? Nightwing? Wonder Woman?

Really Who Isnt Good In The Corner.

SLy

Noob
Why Does Bane Have A Shove Move (F+1) That Pushes People Away On Block And Hit? Why Is It So Slow And Serious What Is The Purpose Of It Behind Design Reasons
F1 gives an intechable knockdown when juggled. Its a good combo Ender and it sets him up for command grabs. Its more useful in the corner..

I think you should sit in the lab and figure out how to utilize the good instead of focusing to much on the bad.

F1 gives an intechable knockdown when juggled. Its a good combo Ender and it sets him up for command grabs. Its more useful in the corner..

I think you should sit in the lab and figure out how to utilize the good instead of focusing to much on the bad.
22, B21 And Command Throw Are Better To End Combos With If You Want To Set Up Greater Oki. And Ive Been In The Lab For A Month And Still Going Strong. This Was All Discussed First Two Weeks Of The Game

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
What's making you say that Supes and others have a better up close game than Bane? We have frame traps and access to easy armor, what more do you want? Since the dash buff and debuff reduction I couldn't ask for anything more. Read the Bane forums, learn your matchups, and fine tune your pressure to fit said matchup. Not saying he doesn't have some very uphill matchups, but the grass is still very green on Bane's side, just gotta put in the work to get there.

LEGEND

YES!
You Know You Could Just Like Not Come Here And Reply If You Hate It So Much. Gee I Hope The Bane Community Isnt Like This IRL
seriously though, its really annoying to read your typing. could you try not holding the shift key for every new word?

it has nothing to do with harassing new members or being a grammar nazi, its just really hard on the eyes
-
and your OP has no answer. There is no logic behind it, they just failed at making a character

Bane's Corner Game Is One Of The Most Disgusting In The Game? Then What Do you Call Killer Frost's Corner Game? Batman? Aquaman? Grundy? Superman? Nightwing? Wonder Woman?

Really Who Isnt Good In The Corner.
Bane has one advantage over them: the ability to ignore wake ups. This makes his corner pressure far scarier than the one's listed above.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
seriously though, its really annoying to read your typing. could you try not holding the shift key for every new word?

it has nothing to do with harassing new members or being a grammar nazi, its just really hard on the eyes
-
and your OP has no answer. There is no logic behind it, they just failed at making a character
I mean to be fair he should be able to type however he wants. It doesn't really concern us.

I wouldn't say NRS failed at making a character. Bane is a really good punching bag. :joker:

What's making you say that Supes and others have a better up close game than Bane? We have frame traps and access to easy armor, what more do you want? Since the dash buff and debuff reduction I couldn't ask for anything more. Read the Bane forums, learn your matchups, and fine tune your pressure to fit said matchup. Not saying he doesn't have some very uphill matchups, but the grass is still very green on Bane's side, just gotta put in the work to get there.
I Am Well Aware Of Bane's Frame Traps And Have They Are a BIg Core In My Up Close Game. But You Cant Be Serious In Thinking Bane's Up Close Game Matches Someone Like Superman. Superman Has A 8 Frame Mid That Goes Further Then Sweep Distances And Ends In +1 Pressure. Its The Best Whiff Punisher In Game and Leads To Over 40%+ Mid Screen and Near 70% Combos In Corner. How Does Banes Slow Normals And Fiddly Frame Data Compare to Superman?

-
Im used to it because I have been typing like this on AIM for years. But anyway I will type like this now since I cant express freedom of speech (sarcasm) Dont get serious now lol

Bane has one advantage over them: the ability to ignore wake ups. This makes his corner pressure far scarier than the one's listed above.
Grundy does the same thing without needing to rely on a venom trait and his right guesses lead to death combos. This is basic knowledge Im well aware of Im just saying youre overrating how good Bane is compared to guys like Supes Batman Killer Frost and on and on

SLy

Noob
22, B21 And Command Throw Are Better To End Combos With If You Want To Set Up Greater Oki. And Ive Been In The Lab For A Month And Still Going Strong. This Was All Discussed First Two Weeks Of The Game
F1 is just an extra accessory for you..the more the better imo.

Besides. F1 is +12 on block. With just enough range to sneak in a command grab exactly after that.

22 is -2..not much you can do unless its on hit.
B21 is good to but again, F1 gives you an option on block..

Is it godlike and changes things?..not really.. but it can have its uses that might win you a game.

F1 is just an extra accessory for you..the more the better imo.

Besides. F1 is +12 on block. With just enough range to sneak in a command grab exactly after that.

22 is -2..not much you can do unless its on hit.
B21 is good to but again, F1 gives you an option on block..

Is it godlike and changes things?..not really.. but it can have its uses that might win you a game.
F1 is +7 on block not +12. You Cant go for a command grab after because they can poke jump or anything really to interrupt it. Only thing that becomes a frame trap is D1 after f1 on block but it can be backdashed so its only useful in corner. And f1 is a really HARD move to use in the heat of the moment to the point its better not using it sometimes

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Not going to spoonfeed you the answer. You have armor, use it. Keep an eye on his trait so he cant break your armor.
Also watch his meter so you don't overextend eat his 2 frame super. Beyond that, get a knockdown and stay on him like a pitbull.

SLy

Noob
F1 is +7 on block not +12. You Cant go for a command grab after because they can poke jump or anything really to interrupt it. Only thing that becomes a frame trap is D1 after f1 on block but it can be backdashed so its only useful in corner. And f1 is a really HARD move to use in the heat of the moment to the point its better not using it sometimes
my bad lol..a few frames off.. its a gimmick bro which will work because nobody uses it lol. Of course its not meant to jail.that's why I said it isn't godlike but can catch your opponent off guard..sorry if thats not good enough for you

Not going to spoonfeed you the answer. You have armor, use it. Keep an eye on his trait so he cant break your armor.
Also watch his meter so you don't overextend eat his 2 frame super. Beyond that, get a knockdown and stay on him like a pitbull.
Spoon feed me? I already fight superman daily and have basis of the match down. His Trait and super arent even the main problems. They are icing on the cake. Its his f23 string. Do you know how good that string is? You cant do anything around sweep distance aside from YOLO venom antics which will get the worse of you against supermans who know what theyre doing. Mark my words this is not a easy match

my bad lol..a few frames off.. its a gimmick bro which will work because nobody uses it lol. Of course its not meant to jail.that's why I said it isn't godlike but can catch your opponent off guard..sorry if thats not good enough for you
Nobody uses it? Every one used it and stopped after week 1 because we would get blown up against players who actually play against good Banes or got used to it. Why does Bane have to rely on pity gimmicks but guys like batman Killer Frost and so on can rely on actual powerful tactics?

-Deadman-

Getting better with age
Spoon feed me? I already fight superman daily and have basis of the match down. His Trait and super arent even the main problems. They are icing on the cake. Its his f23 string. Do you know how good that string is? You cant do anything around sweep distance aside from YOLO venom antics which will get the worse of you against supermans who know what theyre doing. Mark my words this is not a easy match
Did I ever say it was easy? And did you really just ask me if I know Supes' f23? You know what, you're right Bane is trash, go pick up Nightwing so you can safely poke Superman out of his f23 because you're clearly wasting your time playing Bane and my time making this thread.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
the flash has this as well with OTG vortex (needs meter) sonic pounds and cross ups on block that lead to 42% and an OTG set up, the flash still a mid tier character at best. on bane however, yeah he ass tier until NRS wakes the fuck up and start making real adjustments to make characters tournament viable.

Did I ever say it was easy? And did you really just ask me if I know Supes' f23? You know what, you're right Bane is trash, go pick up Nightwing so you can safely poke Superman out of his f23 because you're clearly wasting your time playing Bane and my time making this thread.
You didnt mention f23 as one of the problems for whatever reason so I assumed you thought it was no big deal. Who would mention super and trait but leave out f23? I already said Bane is a good character in the game. But Why do we have to be stick with just a good character when others are stuck with super amazing characters? Are you the messiah of the bane players and are going to show us that hes really top tier or something? See you at Evo then

the flash has this as well with OTG vortex (needs meter) sonic pounds and cross ups on block that lead to 42% and an OTG set up, the flash still a mid tier character at best. on bane however, yeah he ass tier until NRS wakes the fuck up and start making real adjustments to make characters tournament viable.
I feel for you my flash bros. (my friend's brother is a pretty good flash player). Gosh I wish this game had every one in the top tier it would be so much better. Some characters shouldnt be treated poorly then others. its Just bad for the players and game

I mean zangief has only one command throw...
This just nerd irked me but Zangief as at least 2 to 3 command throws if you count close and far 360+K as the same or different on top of SPD. He's also got some pretty good normals as well, massive reach and good speed with one of the higher stun outputs at least in SF4. He's ass against zoners because he has slow walk speed and his get in option is unsafe unless you burn metre for it.

Bane is of course different having pretty good mobility with is dash now, decent "get-in" options with Venom, and somewhat lackluster but definitely workable normals. Weirdest thing about Bane I find is his floaty jump, like his mom fucked an air mattress.