What's new

Question Why Does Bane Have To Be One Of The Worst?

I really Want A Serious Answer To The Topic Question

Why Does Bane Have To Be One Of The Weaker Guys In This Game? Why Couldnt It Be Someone Like BatGirl or Killer Frost Who Have A Smaller Following And General Fan Base? I Really Dont Get What The Progammers Were Thinking With Some Of These Moves. Like For Real Where Do I Start?

Why Does Bane Have A Shove Move (F+1) That Pushes People Away On Block And Hit? Why Is It So Slow And Serious What Is The Purpose Of It Behind Design Reasons?

Why Is Bane So Slow Up Close With His Fastest Move Being His 1 Standing Jab But Its Also a High? D1 Is 11 Frames And Slow As a Snail. You Can Backdash Out Of D1-overhead So You Cant Even Do Mix Ups Like D1 D1 Low Low Or D1 Overhead.

Why Does Bane Have The Worst Bounce Attacks? Im Talking About F3 and B3. B3 Is So Slow And Doesnt Grant Advantage On Block And The Range Is Laughable. F3 Is Maybe The Slowest Of Them All

Why Is His Command Grab So Slow And (20 Frames Wtf) And Why Does EX One Throw Them Away From You? I Come From Games Where Command Grabs Are 3 Frames. Bane Has A 20 Frame One That Doesnt even Lead To A Combo!

Can Someone Explain to me in the logic of users like Killer Frost and Nightwing Being Better up close then Bane When he was made to be a monster up close? Am I Missing Something? Really Im Tired Of Fighting All These Zoning Supermans Batmans DeathStroke Just To Find Out They Are Also Better Than Bane Up Close? Just Why?

Im Going To Evo This Year But I Want To Know Why Us Bane Players Think Its Fine To Know That Our Character Is Not Going To Take It? Please Be Realistic. I Dont Want To Hear About How Someone Has A Chance To Win The Lottery

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
There is really no legit reason... he just doesn't have the tools to compete. I honestly think Joker is the worst... but whatever.

There is really no legit reason... he just doesn't have the tools to compete. I honestly think Joker is the worst... but whatever.
So Are You Saying Designers Intentionally Made Him Weaker Then The Other Guys? I Dont Understand In Making Some Chars Worse Then Others.

Joker Has A Good Super. One Of The Best Jump Ins. A Good Zoning Tool. Teeth Resets. Anti Wake Ups. +4 Flower That Comes Out In 6 Frames For Frame Trap. Beast Sweep. Easy Hit Confirms. Fast D1 At 6 Frames

My Training Buddy Uses Joker And We Can Both Tell He Is Slightly Better Then Bane. But Both Chars Fall Short To Others

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
I don't know. Why does every word you type become a proper noun?
I was wondering that as well... does that take a lot of effort?
So Are You Saying Designers Intentionally Made Him Weaker Then The Other Guys? I Dont Understand In Making Some Chars Worse Then Others.

Joker Has A Good Super. One Of The Best Jump Ins. A Good Zoning Tool. Teeth Resets. Anti Wake Ups. +4 Flower That Comes Out In 6 Frames For Frame Trap. Beast Sweep. Easy Hit Confirms. Fast D1 At 6 Frames

My Training Buddy Uses Joker And We Can Both Tell He Is Slightly Better Then Bane. But Both Chars Fall Short To Others
I don't think the developers intentionally made him low tier. I mean someone had to be the worst. I think they actually thought that he would be able to compete. They did significantly buff venom after all.

I don't think the developers intentionally made him low tier. I mean someone had to be the worst. I think they actually thought that he would be able to compete. They did significantly buff venom after all.
Ok Thats Fair Maybe The Developers Did Make A Mistake. But I Dont Understand How You Can Make Guys With Good Zoning (Superman Batman +Others) Better Than Bane Up Close Who Was Fully Designed To Be Played Up Close. Bane Should Be One Of The Most Dangerous Up Close But Hes Not.

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
It's about tools, not what they do in a cartoon show or comics bro. He's not bad though. Also it's kind of sexist you want one of the female characters to be low tier.

It's about tools, not what they do in a cartoon show or comics bro. He's not bad though. Also it's kind of sexist you want one of the female characters to be low tier.
Did You Read The First Post? I Went Into Detail On His Tools And How Other Characters Have Better Tools Then Him When He was Designed To Fight Up Close

Hes Not Bad. But In A Game With A Bunch Of Broken Chars Being "Not Bad" Is The Lower End Of The Stick

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
You should probably read the rest of the sentence... I don't know why it would be sexist anyways. By weaker he meant tier wise... not physical strength.

I really Want A Serious Answer To The Topic Question

Why Does Bane Have To Be One Of The Weaker Guys In This Game? Why Couldnt It Be Someone Like BatGirl or Killer Frost Who Have A Smaller Following And General Fan Base?

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
Did You Read The First Post? I Went Into Detail On His Tools And How Other Characters Have Better Tools Then Him When He was Designed To Fight Up Close

Hes Not Bad. But In A Game With A Bunch Of Broken Chars Being "Not Bad" Is The Lower End Of The Stick
broken is taboo...also stop capitalize all ya words man. you don't need to do that. Just capitalize the first letter at the start of the sentence. Well Bane is a grappler...they are all design to fight close what makes them different is what pokes, special moves, and supers they have. But this will always be an issue for a grappler because that's how you balance them. They will always have trouble getting in. Even the good ones have trouble getting in still. This comes from a guy who loves his grapplers too.

You should probably read the rest of the sentence... I don't know why it would be sexist anyways. By weaker he meant tier wise... not physical strength.
i did my bad, but yeah man it happens.

Don't listen to the rankings of the top tier players. Bane has yet to have a strong representative, so naturally everyone thinks he's just a yolo charger.

Don't listen to the rankings of the top tier players. Bane has yet to have a strong representative, so naturally everyone thinks he's just a yolo charger.
Im Not Listening To Anyone. My Buddy And I Just Came To The Conclusion That Bane Is One Of The Weaker Guys In The Game After A Month Of Playing Him On Our Own

broken is taboo...also stop capitalize all ya words man. you don't need to do that. Just capitalize the first letter at the start of the sentence. Well Bane is a grappler...they are all design to fight close what makes them different is what pokes, special moves, and supers they have. But this will always be an issue for a grappler because that's how you balance them. They will always have trouble getting in. Even the good ones have trouble getting in still. This comes from a guy who loves his grapplers too.

i did my bad, but yeah man it happens.
I Know Bane Is a Grappler But My Point Is He Isnt A Very Strong One. Why Are So Many Other Characters Stronger Then Bane Up Close When They Also Have Zoning Tools? Where Is The Logic In That?

CY MasterHavik

Master of Chaos and Jax
I Know Bane Is a Grappler But My Point Is He Isnt A Very Strong One. Why Are So Many Other Characters Stronger Then Bane Up Close When They Also Have Zoning Tools? Where Is The Logic In That?
Well grapplers aren't known for their amazing normals dude. They are usually slow and easily be stuff. they have amazing plsu frames on block, but only maybe one or two of them are worth using maybe more. That and some characters are made differently. Some get a little bit of everything, while others don't. So there is logic to it. It's called balance.

MorbidAltruism

Get over here!
The logic is that he could use his venom to get through the zoning. I do agree with you... I am just trying to play devil's advocate.

Also Don't Listen To The Haters. I Like The Way You Type. It Is Really Unique And Badass.

Well grapplers aren't known for their amazing normals dude. They are usually slow and easily be stuff. they have amazing plsu frames on block, but only maybe one or two of them are worth using maybe more. That and some characters are made differently. Some get a little bit of everything, while others don't. So there is logic to it. It's called balance.
But Bane Is Not A True Grappler. Bane Just Has One Command Throw. Killer Frost Can Be Considered a Grappler But She is Also Good At Zoning And A Monster Up Close. What Im Saying Is Why Cant Bane Be A Monster Up Close Like The Other Characters? Why Does He Need to Be Lacking up Close And Useless From Afar?

Bane's armor makes up close engagements tilted in his favor (well, semi-character dependent also). His corner game is also one of the most disgusting things in the game. Have you guys fought a lot of the high ranked players with Bane yet?