What's new

Why do we get attacked for calling for nerfs?

Wrenchfarm

Lexcorp Proprietary Technologies
Most of the time crying for nerfs on the first week of a launch is justifiable cause to get blown up in the comments. People do need to be patient and learn the game before trying to remake the world in their vision.

That said -

Deadshot is so laughably broken I don't see anything wrong with pointing it out. His zoning is too good for how easy it is to do, and then for some reason he has a better mix-up/pressure game than most of the cast with the most braindead EZ-mix string in the game (that can also be staggered to humiliate opponents and knee cap em to death). Then he has a safe reversal.

It's too much. He's obviously a little too good to be legit and I fully expect (rightfully deserved) nerfs to be coming his way. Frankly, I think people claiming he's fine are making themselves look silly.

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
YOu know the real irony is when people actually get in to deadshot, its like their brain turns off and they forget his 50/50 strings and start crying about it. Ive seen it happen to many times, his overhead and low is not that serious. Ill say this, if they nerf him just do more recovery frames on arm cannon and make either overhead or low a bit more negative because then people will have no excuse. Yet we all know, people will still complain just like with deathstroke.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
People exaggerate the hell out of the negatives of NRS patching and complain too easily about perceived OP stuff. We all know there's been some broken stuff and over nerfs/buffs but it isn't that bad.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
talking about zoning here kid.
Most hits stand alone in I2. In Marvel, its harder to land that one hit - but if you get it - its time to go in and go ham. That even goes for zoning in Marvel.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
One thing for sure that is extremely frowned upon, and I will never know why, is the ability to spot something wrong or OP with the game less than a few days after its release. It's like the big elephant in the room, but dare we speak on it after Day 2, 3 or even 21, people will attack you and say the meanest things. They will insult your intelligence and claim you must not be good enough to deal with it. Meanwhile, top players are suffering from the very same thing we complain about. (Remember Alien?) All of the methods have been tried, but none of them work or are worth going for. What is wrong with having it corrected ahead of time? Like before a tournament that we have to pay our way into.

It seems those who defend the problem are on the right side of it. They don't know what it's like to be dealing with the issue. All they see is that it's working for them and getting them wins. I get it, no one likes to lose. It's safe to say everyone who visits TYM are competitive players, not just tournament players but people who care enough about winning or losing. With that said, it is very important that the game is fair. Each type of character should be able to play their game at some point. If there's a character who has no projectile and NEEDS to get in, there should be a way to do that (MB roll isn't always the answer). No character should completely shut down another character. I understand counter picks, but when MUs look like 8-2 instead of 6-4, something needs to change. So when people start calling for nerfs, it's not because they don't understand how to deal with it, it's because the character they have just doesn't have the tools to deal with it. All the negative remarks towards other players, concerning this or about anything, are very bad for the community. It's damaging. It's not helping anybody. If anything, it's allowing the problem to perpetuate and doing more harm than good.

Calling this out.

What needs a nerf?

Which characters and what particular moves?

And of course why?

Not attacking you but you put it out there so I generally want to know so I can agree or disagree and maybe help you and others deal with said moves & characters.

Daemantalo

Not Good Enough
ITS A SUPER HERO VIDEO FIGHTING GAME!
ITS SUPPOSED TO BE OVER THE TOP!
CAPCOM DOES IT WITH MARVEL VS SERIES AND PEOPLE LOVE IT.

THIS GAME HAS MECHANICS TO DEFEND FROM EVERYTHING!

PUSHBLOCK FOR HEAVY PRESSURE, BACKDASHES, AIR SCAPES FOR LONG DAMAGING COMBOS, YOU CAN EVEN REFILL SOME OF YOUR LIFE BARS IF YOU MANAGE YOUR METER WELL, B3/F3 UNIVERSAL ARMOR, METERLES INVINCIBLE WAKE UP ATTACKS ETC ETC.

MB ROLLS, TPS, AIR DASHES, DOUBLE JUMPS, FLYING, INTERACTABLES, GOOD WAKE SPEED & A WHOLE BUNCH OF ANTI-ZONING TOOLS TO DEAL WITH IT, EVEN MOST PROJECTILES ARE HIGHS UNLIKE MOST 2D FIGHTERS WHICH MOST PROJECTILES ARE MIDS!
GOT ME THERE SIR. I'M AN MKX RUSHDOWN STAGGER SCRUB.

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
If DeadShot gets nerfed I EXPECT Black Adam, Ivy, firestorm, aquaman, capt cold, cheetah, band, etc nerfs as well good day. Maybe y'all should lab how to get in on zoning and learn his knee has a gap if delayed and -24 if not meter burned or that his neutral loses to 65%-75% of the cast. Nobody cried this much when y'all got mixed to death but as soon as you stay full screen for 8 seconds automatically broke? @PLAYING TO WIN i had people who can't get in don't lab a way to get in but immediately come to tym/twitter etc and scream nerfs. Fuck the character and look back 8 months later like the chatwas never broke at all. Fuckin crybabies

MagicMan357

"130 ms is more legit than Labbing" - TYM
If DeadShot gets nerfed I EXPECT Black Adam, Ivy, firestorm, aquaman, capt cold, cheetah, band, etc nerfs as well good day. Maybe y'all should lab how to get in on zoning and learn his knee has a gap if delayed and -24 if not meter burned or that his neutral loses to 65%-75% of the cast. Nobody cried this much when y'all got mixed to death but as soon as you stay full screen for 8 seconds automatically broke? @PLAYING TO WIN i had people who can't get in don't lab a way to get in but immediately come to tym/twitter etc and scream nerfs. Fuck the character and look back 8 months later like the chatwas never broke at all. Fuckin crybabies
Always, it never changes since mk9

SadoDragon

PSN: Darksadodragon
same with marvel, deal with it. stream monsters don't matter.
it does matter because this game looking like IGAU first evo with superman laser show no one want to see that again I don't like marvel but at least its hype and fun to watch. even pros was complaing how boring esl was.

wsj515

This is my billionth life cycle.
Here's the thing - are we just supposed to stay confined in our own character forums until after week 2/month 1 etc.? No, we should definitely have discussions on character balance, week 1 included. The same logic of "Its week 1 we can't possibly know if a character is broken" also applies to the fact that we can't possibly know if a character is not broken. The only way we find out is by collectively labbing and discussing. That said, there needs to be a major tonal shift by the people calling for nerfs, and the Deadshot mains who are conducting some serious damage control.

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
People complained when they were mixed as well, because there a lot of 50/50's that forced them to make the read on the right blocking. People complain from the start about everything.

Last edited:

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Y'all do realize complaining is the new (well not "new") NRS meta right? And SonicFox is even deeper into the Yomi currently. I'm an advocate of adapt and overcome and lab for days but why do that when all you have to do is complain?

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
Y'all do realize complaining is the new (well not "new") NRS meta right? And SonicFox is even deeper into the Yomi currently. I'm an advocate of adapt and overcome and lab for days but why do that when all you have to do is complain?
Don't let the complaints get into ya man, keep do what you do :)

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
Oh look a person who mains one of the only three characters that can deal with deadshot..

And to be clear it's not just these heaving zoning characters that need nerfs. I'm looking at you bladam damage

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy
Oh look a person who mains one of the only three characters that can deal with deadshot..

And to be clear it's not just these heaving zoning characters that need nerfs. I'm looking at you bladam damage
Who do I main? Please let me know. Both my characters get ass raped by black Adam n DeadShot

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
Don't let the complaints get into ya man, keep do what you do :)
Well, I don't let anything get "into" me, lmao. But I don't really care about the complaining anymore. I, like others, have realized that complaining actually has an impact. To what degree is debatable.

Tweedy

Noob
This couldn't be further from the truth. I saw your match with Sonic, the best player in the world, using Deadshot. You didn't lose because he "was a mix monster up close". In face, 90% of the times you got in you we pressuring him, dealing heavy damage, putting him in the corner. The only thing he did up close was low damage combos that knocked you away with the exception of that 1 corner combo in 3 games total. So if that's you, against Sonic, playing Superman, imagine how bad a lot of other Deadshots get blown up close. I wouldn't compare this to characters like Captain Cold and Canary who are actual MKX characters on steroids.

Just like Inj2 does not resemble MKX competitively.
Saltshaker I lost those matches because he mixed me up close. Idk if you're blatantly lying or what.

Superman doesn't beat deadshot. You can act like i'm not a good player or whatever. It's just not the case.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Saltshaker I lost those matches because he mixed me up close. Idk if you're blatantly lying or what.

Superman doesn't beat deadshot. You can act like i'm not a good player or whatever. It's just not the case.
What lol. I'm saying you're a great player but didnt lose just because of being mixed lol. I stay supporting you and defending your skill to people. You don't always have to be defensive man.