What's new

Why do we get attacked for calling for nerfs?

One thing for sure that is extremely frowned upon, and I will never know why, is the ability to spot something wrong or OP with the game less than a few days after its release. It's like the big elephant in the room, but dare we speak on it after Day 2, 3 or even 21, people will attack you and say the meanest things. They will insult your intelligence and claim you must not be good enough to deal with it. Meanwhile, top players are suffering from the very same thing we complain about. (Remember Alien?) All of the methods have been tried, but none of them work or are worth going for. What is wrong with having it corrected ahead of time? Like before a tournament that we have to pay our way into.

It seems those who defend the problem are on the right side of it. They don't know what it's like to be dealing with the issue. All they see is that it's working for them and getting them wins. I get it, no one likes to lose. It's safe to say everyone who visits TYM are competitive players, not just tournament players but people who care enough about winning or losing. With that said, it is very important that the game is fair. Each type of character should be able to play their game at some point. If there's a character who has no projectile and NEEDS to get in, there should be a way to do that (MB roll isn't always the answer). No character should completely shut down another character. I understand counter picks, but when MUs look like 8-2 instead of 6-4, something needs to change. So when people start calling for nerfs, it's not because they don't understand how to deal with it, it's because the character they have just doesn't have the tools to deal with it. All the negative remarks towards other players, concerning this or about anything, are very bad for the community. It's damaging. It's not helping anybody. If anything, it's allowing the problem to perpetuate and doing more harm than good.

Lt. Boxy Angelman

I WILL EAT THIS GAME
NRS has a gruesome history of jumping guns when it comes to balance.

Although in this particular case, I'm on the side of "Adjust Wrist Cannon before it's too late because it's painfully fucking obvious it needs tweaking."
Even Deathstroke's Straight Shots had recovery frames. So did Cassie & Full Auto Jacqui.
There is no way this move was cooked up and implemented without the responsible parties knowing their game and our community well enough to know it would be a complete disaster.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
It's like the big elephant in the room, but dare we speak on it after Day 2, 3 or even 2
Because 3 days is not enough to get a grasp on an entirely new game. The Alien example isn't a very good one because when Alien was out, we already knew how MKX worked. In Injustice 2 we have to get used to new mechanics like MB roll, and more than 4 added characters you'd see in a DLC pack. Also, if you're coming off of MKX like I am, it's very hard to adjust to Injustice 2 which takes at the very least a week.

GAV

Resolution through knowledge and resolve.
One thing for sure that is extremely frowned upon, and I will never know why, is the ability to spot something wrong or OP with the game less than a few days after its release. It's like the big elephant in the room, but dare we speak on it after Day 2, 3 or even 21, people will attack you and say the meanest things. They will insult your intelligence and claim you must not be good enough to deal with it. Meanwhile, top players are suffering from the very same thing we complain about. (Remember Alien?) All of the methods have been tried, but none of them work or are worth going for. What is wrong with having it corrected ahead of time? Like before a tournament that we have to pay our way into.

It seems those who defend the problem are on the right side of it. They don't know what it's like to be dealing with the issue. All they see is that it's working for them and getting them wins. I get it, no one likes to lose. It's safe to say everyone who visits TYM are competitive players, not just tournament players but people who care enough about winning or losing. With that said, it is very important that the game is fair. Each type of character should be able to play their game at some point. If there's a character who has no projectile and NEEDS to get in, there should be a way to do that (MB roll isn't always the answer). No character should completely shut down another character. I understand counter picks, but when MUs look like 8-2 instead of 6-4, something needs to change. So when people start calling for nerfs, it's not because they don't understand how to deal with it, it's because the character they have just doesn't have the tools to deal with it. All the negative remarks towards other players, concerning this or about anything, are very bad for the community. It's damaging. It's not helping anybody. If anything, it's allowing the problem to perpetuate and doing more harm than good.
If you want to be heard on anything opinion oriented, be ready for backlash from those that disagree.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
this community has a history of whining about things, often just to work out later once everyone gets going that it really wasn't so bad at all

this contributes to reasonable people saying just let it wait

on the flip side of the coin, when it comes to something that benefits their own style of play, people would say Ivan Ooze is in a fair state and people need to level up before admitting that their character needs nerfs

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
It's mainly because people bitch about everything, DS nerfs are the most heard ones right now but there's complaints about almost everything.
Stages are too big, Ivy/Scarecrow has no wakeups, Supergirl/Beetle does too little damage, darkseid/Adam do too much damage, zoning is too safe, MB rolls aren't auto get in vs zoners, character has too much dirt, anti-airs are too strong and too weak, meter build is too much, timer is too long, and the list goes on.

We're not even a week in (not counting the early birds) and people have complained about just about every bit of the game. Some are concerning and need addressing but overall everyone is tired of seeing nothing but complaints and/or they're afraid of kneejerk nerfs that could ruin their character.

God Confirm

It's mainly because people bitch about everything, DS nerfs are the most heard ones right now but there's complaints about almost everything.
Stages are too big, Ivy/Scarecrow has no wakeups, Supergirl/Beetle does too little damage, darkseid/Adam do too much damage, zoning is too safe, MB rolls aren't auto get in vs zoners, character has too much dirt, anti-airs are too strong and too weak, meter build is too much, timer is too long, and the list goes on.

We're not even a week in (not counting the early birds) and people have complained about just about every bit of the game. Some are concerning and need addressing but overall everyone is tired of seeing nothing but complaints and/or they're afraid of kneejerk nerfs that could ruin their character.
some of them might be legitimate complaints but anyone complaining about Scarecrow belongs on the ignore list

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
I love how people love to point out death stroke as an example but the nerfs to him were more than fair and he didn't turn out to be a turd dumpster like many of you falsely claim. He turned out to be a very competent character in the upper mid spectrum who even made top 8 Evo appearances.

Stop spreading lies. Nrs usually does not go over board on kneejerk nerfs rendering them useless. It just makes them mid to upper mid.. But it's much better than the alternative of having them keep their braindead op shit..

List of characters TYM claims were knee jerk nerfed to oblivion but were actually still viable and fine just no op:
Mk9
Kung lao

Injustice
Death stroke
Black Adam
Superman
Batman

Mkx:
Tanya
Alien
Raiden
Quan
Kano

I'm probably forgetting some..

So stfu about these kneejerk nerfs. It's a completely false narrative around these parts

TrulyAmiracle

Loud and Klear~
some of them might be legitimate complaints but anyone complaining about Scarecrow belongs on the ignore list
Most of them seem to be about him being ass, personally I haven't labbed him or played against him enough to tell what's up with him, but his discord is constant bitching about how shitty he is and how his teleport should be an invincible wakeup.

God Confirm

Most of them seem to be about him being ass, personally I haven't labbed him or played against him enough to tell what's up with him, but his discord is constant bitching about how shitty he is and how his teleport should be an invincible wakeup.
so bad :(

Stop spreading lies. Nrs usually does not go over board on kneejerk nerfs rendering them useless. It just makes them mid to upper mid.. But it's much better than the alternative of having them keep their braindead op shit..
I agree with what you are saying, but emphasis on "usually". I haven't forgotten about CSZ :(

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
So did Reptile in Mortal Kombat X which did not stop you from requesting constant buffs.

It is difficult to approach zoning characters without a safe overhead teleport, is it not?
he was very bad at the beginning. and honestly its not that bad at all. i get in just fine and i play arguable one of the characters that gets zoned out the worst..
But its bull these extremely strong zoning characters have plus on block wakes and safe 50/50s when some of us don't even have a fucking wake up..

How can you not see this

God Confirm

he was very bad at the beginning. and honestly its not that bad at all. i get in just fine and i play arguable one of the characters that gets zoned out the worst..
But its bull these extremely strong zoning characters have plus on block wakes and safe 50/50s when some of us don't even have a fucking wake up..

How can you not see this
reptile gets zoned out the worst? He has an excellent tool for getting in with force ball, he has pounce for more mobility, and he has a full screen, armored, 6f slide that can punish pretty much every projectile on REACTION and all of them on read, often without chinking the armor because of low profile. Reptile does not get zoned out lol

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
to answer the question its becauae most of the nerfs people ask for are not needed. just because something is hard to deal with doesnt make it broken. there is always some so called cheap shit early in a games release and over time it gets figured out and its not such a big deal.

Sutter Pain

Your mothers main.
to answer the question its becauae most of the nerfs people ask for are not needed. just because something is hard to deal with doesnt make it broken. there is always some so called cheap shit early in a games release and over time it gets figured out and its not such a big deal.
I dunno man it seems like everything in question always gets nerfed before it gets figured out lol.

omooba

fear the moobs
Because 3 days is not enough to get a grasp on an entirely new game. The Alien example isn't a very good one because when Alien was out, we already knew how MKX worked. In Injustice 2 we have to get used to new mechanics like MB roll, and more than 4 added characters you'd see in a DLC pack. Also, if you're coming off of MKX like I am, it's very hard to adjust to Injustice 2 which takes at the very least a week.
kung lao plus 32 hat... we knew instantly and there's way more shit that was dum day one mkx quan chi we knew raiden, we knew.
i don't think pointing it out is the problem. the problem is how they implement the nerf

Wetdoba

All too easy...
It seems those who defend the problem are on the right side of it. They don't know what it's like to be dealing with the issue. All they see is that it's working for them and getting them wins. I get it, no one likes to lose. It's safe to say everyone who visits TYM are competitive players, not just tournament players but people who care enough about winning or losing. With that said, it is very important that the game is fair. Each type of character should be able to play their game at some point. If there's a character who has no projectile and NEEDS to get in, there should be a way to do that
Um I play Bane and walk and dash in no problem. My character is the exact opposite of DS and Ive been defending him this whole time. Why? Because I know that without characters like DS on one end of the spectrum (full zoning/keep away) then there cannot be characters like Bane on the opposite end of the spectrum (armored mixups and grappling).

The game is fair, DS is probably top 10 but not at all the best in the game and is more than capable of being dealt with. If you honestly think that ther characters dont get to play their game against DS at all I dont know what to tell you. When Bane gets in on this character its his turn to "not play the game" as you would put it. Also characters without projectiles do have the answers to get in that arent mb roll too (Bane level 3 venom, Flash projectile dodge, other characters having air dashes and teleports etc).

Comparing this character to prepatch Alien etc is a joke. He has weaknesses but you just dont want to put up with his strengths for more than 5 seconds and earn your turn. 2 years of MKX has just made everyone not have any patience whatsoever.

Last edited:

omooba

fear the moobs
Um I play Bane and walk and dash in no problem. My character is the exact opposite of DS and Ive been defending him this whole time. Why? Because I know that without characters like DS one one end of the spectrum (full zoning/keep away) then there cannot be characters like Bane on the opposite end of the spectrum (armored mixups and grappling).

The game is fair, DS is probably top 10 but not at all the best in the game and is nore than capable of being dealt with. If you honestly think that ther characters dont get to play their game against DS at all I dont know what to tell you. When Bane gets in on this character its his turn to "not play the game" as you would put it. Also characters without projectiles do have the answers to get in that arent mb roll too (Bane level 3 venom, Flash projectile dodge, other characters having air dashes and teleports etc).

Comparing this character to prepatch Alien etc is a joke. He has weaknesses but you just dont want to put up with his strengths for more than 5 seconds and earn your turn. 2 years of MKX has just made everyone not have any patience whatsoever.
notice how bane has no fullscreen presence and even upclose his debuff is a huge very exploitable weakness, deadshot up close...
like i don't even have my opinion set on this topic yet but y'all are going about this argument wrong

South

I'd rather SHOW than TELL ~ Poison Ivy

Examples .. of nerfs
Csz : B13xxice ball nerf
Jax : overhead dash punch gets raped n never fixed
Ferra torr : oct 4th patch look it up
Deathstroke in very first patch i1 has
Kotal : b1 turned high... damage totem nerf... armor removed etc
Johnny cage : every variation

Examples .. buffs
Kitana went from bottom to top 3 in one patch ... TWICE
Mileena went to the best character in the game arguably after her buffs
Kano commando dumb af
Sektor got buffed
Jason got a 6f -2 d1 with armor breaking setups in one patch made him dumb and etc

These example show why patches are retarded for this community... I main DeadShot n Doctor Fate ill say Fate is perfectly fine maybetweak his heal to be on him when summoned but other than that he's balanced n fair. DeadShot maybe add on 5-8F of recovery to his WC, and make his low rifle do 2% -5% less chip damage when meterburned maybe even make his WC have 3F added on startup and he'll be fine. But history SHOWS nrs BUTCHERS characters people CRY AND BITCH about after 1 Day of playing NOBODY labs that mu smh I'm beating Deadshots with Dr Fate n BB for Christ sakes. It's not the character by himself it's the person who's IN CONTROL of the character yall lose to, zoning is a art unlike rushdown 50/50 people to death which yall liked. Now that people can zone y'all got pitch forks n torches on day 1... smh that's why this community has all these tym threads saying a character is trash because the mindset of the community as a WHOLE is "if it ain't broke right away I won't use it" or "if it broke nerf instead of labbing it" that why csz got nerfed hella hard in 4 days @REO made a whole VIDEO explaining how to deal with it and y'all still BITCHED like damn.

God Confirm

But history SHOWS nrs BUTCHERS characters people CRY AND BITCH about after 1 Day of playing NOBODY labs that mu smh I'm beating Deadshots with Dr Fate n BB for Christ sakes.
If they are overpowered and need nerfs though, is it the players fault that NRS works with a jackhammer instead of a chisel