What's new

Why do we get attacked for calling for nerfs?

Because everyone has such a giant ego on this goddamn site that if you're having trouble beating something it's always because it's OP or Broken. Everyone on this forum is would-be Evo Champion if not for- Alien, Erron Black, Kitana, Kung Lao etc etc etc

People hate buff and nerf threads because they are so constantly wrong.

Remember when EVERYONE had Kitana ranked either mid-tier or low-tier and the Sonicfox kicked everyone's ass with her and suddenly she was OP and she had always been OP.

Remember when M2Dave went on a rant about how awful Tremor was but then players like DJT showed that he was in fact stupidly good.

Remember when no one was using Mileena at all and players like FoxyGrandpa showed how good she was.

Remember with Blood God was Kotal Kahn's most useless variation until Madzin started taking names with him.

Here's a video of Honeybee beating Sonicfox's Deadshot with his Flash forcing a switch to Black Adam.

The problem with asking for any kinds for buffs or nerfs is that they should only be considered once the character is being played at the highest level. There's all sorts of tech yet to be discovered. I will admit that I am not the best player in the world and that ducking one million wrist shots is no one's idea of fun but I haven't even begun using MB roll to its highest potential. I haven't even BEGUN being able to read my opponents moves yet. At this point I haven't even played some characters in the game. If I fought a Poison Ivy or a Cheetah this afternoon I would have literally no idea whether their moves are safe or plus or negative or mid or overhead or whatever.

GIVE IT TIME. If changes are necessary only straight-up match-up experience will tell.

And remember, using a Top 5 character will not make you a Top 5 player. Consider the idea that you might not be as good as you think you are the next time you lose a match.

Last edited:

Roy Arkon

I will leave my seal on you!
So I mentioned that it lacked infinites and unwinnable match ups to make the point MKX was never broken. It was unbalanced, which you admit, so at least you're not completely crazy.

And that last paragraph and point you're making IS EXACTLY what I already espoused. Maybe not with the fanboyism you clearly feel for NRS, but still.

I'm going to go ahead and leave this alone now because we agree on the important things and I don't feel like listening to straw man arguments and blatant misrepresentation of what I said for the rest.
Let me give you a lesson in life, my friend: A fanboy is someone who defends a company even when there is no room to defend them and will deny any negative thing they do/say everything they do is good. And a straw man is someone who makes a statement to look bad by intentionally represent in a less then full truth just for the sake of it alone. I'm not fitting to either definition, so you calling me a fanboy or a straw man was wrong beyond any belief and you should be ashamed for that. Now if I did missed on something that you said then I apologize, but your name calling and false accusations are out of place in every regard.

And for the record, the only time that game could've been considered unbalanced was only at the very early stages of it, but then again, every fighting game starts like that, and in the case of MKX, considering the amount of complaining for stuff in the game, I'm not sure if that game was that unbalanced even then. I remember how people said Reptile was bad at the start, without checking stuff at the lab, or at least not enough checking, yet @Milkman gets Noxious Reptile (my Variation BTW) to top 8 at EVO. So not only MKX was a balanced game for a long time, but I'm not even sure how much unbalanced it truly was at the beginning.

Anyway I'm done arguing with you.

SadoDragon

PSN: Darksadodragon
Because everyone has such a giant ego on this goddamn site that if you're having trouble beating something it's always because it's OP or Broken. Everyone on this forum is would-be Evo Champion if not for- Alien, Erron Black, Kitana, Kung Lao etc etc etc

People hate buff and nerf threads because they are so constantly wrong.

Remember when EVERYONE had Kitana ranked either mid-tier or low-tier and the Sonicfox kicked everyone's ass with her and suddenly she was OP and she had always been OP.

Remember when M2Dave went on a rant about how awful Tremor was but then players like DJT showed that he was in fact stupidly good.

Remember when no one was using Mileena at all and players like FoxyGrandpa showed how good she was.

Remember with Blood God was Kotal Kahn's most useless variation until Madzin started taking names with him.

Here's a video of Honeybee beating Sonicfox's Deadshot with his Flash forcing a switch to Black Adam.

The problem with asking for any kinds for buffs or nerfs is that they should only be considered once the character is being played at the highest level. There's all sorts of tech yet to be discovered. I will admit that I am not the best player in the world and that ducking one million wrist shots is no one's idea of fun but I haven't even begun using MB roll to its highest potential. I haven't even BEGUN being able to read my opponents moves yet. At this point I haven't even played some characters in the game. If I fought a Poison Ivy or a Cheetah this afternoon I would have literally no idea whether their moves are safe or plus or negative or mid or overhead or whatever.

GIVE IT TIME. If changes are necessary only straight-up match-up experience will tell.

And remember, using a Top 5 character will not make you a Top 5 player. Consider the idea that you might not be as good as you think you are the next time you lose a match.
your wrong with the kitana statement sonic fox did not pick her up after she receive buffs he said it himself she was bad before the buffs.

alkipot

Purse first, ass last.
The denial in this thread about Deadshot is pretty entertaining tbh. Please continue to swear he's bottom tier /popcorn