What's new

Question Who was the MOST Overrated character to get nerfed?

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
But I'm talking about overrated characters that got nerfed. Yes War God for instance was hurt by general changes but B1 becoming a high kind of shit on the variation IMO. F12, F1B2 don't nearly make up for what B1 was. It seemed more of a preemptive nerf
Nah I know, just cited irrelevant shit lmao.

I think Kotal fits the bill, btw.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Alright idc what you say, Cutthroat was fucked up Pre-October lol and he's still really strong.

I don't think the other 2 were ever overrated nor too strong though
Cutthroat has been good since day one. With or without buffs n nerfs he was good. At the time people just didn't understand the match ups.

I only mentioned the other two variations because at the hight of their time they were very good.

I found these variations overrated in thier particular match ups when I guess realistically you could pick sungod instead of commando and piercing in place of Cybernetic.

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
Cutthroat has been good since day one. With or without buffs n nerfs he was good. At the time people just didn't understand the match ups.

I only mentioned the other two variations because at the hight of their time they were very good.

I found these variations overrated in thier particular match ups when I guess realistically you could pick sungod instead of commando and piercing in place of Cybernetic.
Well let's not act like the added range to his overhead and the slice buff didn't make a difference

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Well let's not act like the added range to his overhead and the slice buff didn't make a difference
Meh. It matters not. His ass escaped pretty much unscathed but he's definitely not where he was before.

Also he's the only variation with an overhead. Cyber needed more & cmd. They still do but whatever. That range is super sweet tho.

Like I said. He's ok. I still think he just wasn't has good as most pointed out compared to others.

Erron Black simply because after every nerf he was not compensated (aside from range buff on command grab). He's a very balanced character now in my opinion which is great, but some changes felt overkill.

TheGangstaFace

Erron Black simply because after every nerf he was not compensated (aside from range buff on command grab). He's a very balanced character now in my opinion which is great, but some changes felt overkill.
I thought he was fine pre-patch. October mopped him though

llabslb

R1D1_998
Johnny 100% deserved to get nerfed, did he get over nerfed? Not really, just that he has some really ugly inconsistencies now and has to play neutral against characters who both kill neutral and have great offence. I feel like there are quite a few characters who are fine (like Johnny) but the ugliness of the rest of the cast make it seem like they have been over nerfed or whatever you call it.

Wigy

There it is...
Johnny 100% deserved to get nerfed, did he get over nerfed? Not really, just that he has some really ugly inconsistencies now and has to play neutral against characters who both kill neutral and have great offence. I feel like there are quite a few characters who are fine (like Johnny) but the ugliness of the rest of the cast make it seem like they have been over nerfed or whatever you call it.
I look at liu kang and cant help but be like wtf NRS?

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I look at liu kang and cant help but be like wtf NRS?
Yeah. Not that I think Cage is bad I think he's fine but:
I look at A-List and think he's fine then see Dragon's Fire
Look at Hunter, then Grandmaster
Looking at Erron Black's overhead then looking at Sub, Reptile, Quan

Noob
Paulo and whoever else handles character balance suck ass.

Wigy

There it is...
Johnny a list has holes fucking everywhere . If this game wasnt already dead folks would come to realise it.

Wigy

There it is...
Give A-List a mid armor and he just might be as good or better than DF.
Liu kangs pressure and staggers and pokes are all better now.

F213 b12 f4 d3 d1 > all cages pressure tools up close.

Liu kang has better zoning and retarded armour.

I dont see cage being better at this point even if he had a wakeup ex np with no launch that had armour.

Ive had this debate so many times i'll just leave it at that. Liu kang is significantly better in pretty much every aspect aside from cages f3 giving him better range in neutral.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
Lao, they should have killed his j2 and see how he was after.

He was stupid with that move prepatch. The others probably stemmed from the hatred of his j2
His J2 is currently dead, very hard to hit on crouching characters no matter how you time it, and as consequence hatless J2 is even harder to connect

If you check the video below you a few minutes away i was trying to hit a crouching sonya with J2, but it was whiffing on ranges where it should hit, that's how i found out his J2 is dead

I think they should've made B1 slower maybe but that's it. The change to a high was just dumb lol
I disagree fully.

B1 being a 7f high is the best buff KL has received in this patch.

You're not looking to a big spectrum and see how B1 affects the whole character in general:

Lets not forget how huge and stupid is the input buffer in this game, KL a character who uses BF and DF and DB moves to perform specials with the RP button (2) and LP (1) respectively, he often struggles to apply proper punish on certain moves using F2 which often triggers Hat Toss or Hat Trap unwillingly even with the negative edge turned off.

So he had a lot of troubles to apply ranged punishes as well, including on distances where a spaced F2 would reach he couldn't immediately do it because BF input buffers for nearly 60 frames and triggers hat toss instead, which is stupid as hell.

B1 is a HUGE help for KL in general and it should stays, this character has awful walkspeeds, horrbile normals and backdash anyway, why would you put yourself in range or risk a move his 7f b1 can punish?

The amount of time i spend playing this character post patch, i realized how bad some ppl were in this game while playing against Lao, he just didn't had a good punish fully compatible with his game plan, now he has it, and even trip guard punishes that were pretty difficult to accomplish with the short range of s1, now can be easily done with B1.

Wigy

There it is...
His J2 is currently dead, very hard to hit on crouching characters no matter how you time it, and as consequence hatless J2 is even harder to connect

If you check the video below you a few minutes away i was trying to hit a crouching sonya with J2, but it was whiffing on ranges where it should hit, that's how i found out his J2 is dead

I disagree fully.

You're not looking to a big spectrum and see how B1 affects the whole character in general:

Lets not forget how huge and stupid is the input buffer in this game, KL a character who uses BF and DF and DB moves to perform specials with the RP button (2) and LP (1) respectively, he often struggles to apply proper punish on certain moves using F2 which often triggers Hat Toss or Hat Trap unwillingly even with the negative edge turned off.

So he had a lot of troubles to apply ranged punishes as well, including on distances where a spaced F2 would reach he couldn't immediately do it because BF input buffers for nearly 60 frames and triggers hat toss instead, which is stupid as hell.

B1 is a HUGE help for KL in general and it should stays, this character has awful walkspeeds, horrbile normals and backdash anyway, why would you put yourself in range or risk a move his 7f b1 can punish?

The amount of time i spend playing this character post patch, i realized how bad some ppl were in this game while playing against Lao, he just didn't had a good punish fully compatible with his game plan, now he has it, and even trip guard punishes that were pretty difficult to accomplish with the short range of s1, now can be easily done with B1.
I know its shit now?

I was meaning prepatch.

When he could trip guard fucking everything and you couldnt challenge him in the air without armour.

Eddy Wang

Skarlet scientist
I know its shit now?

I was meaning prepatch.

When he could trip guard fucking everything and you couldnt challenge him in the air without armour.
It was stupid before yeah, the hitbox of the hat extended beyond the hat itself, but then after this nerf, ppl kept crying and J2 kept getting nerfed to the point of being practically useless now.

Wigy

There it is...
It was stupid before yeah, the hitbox of the hat extended beyond the hat itself, but then after this nerf, ppl kept crying and J2 kept getting nerfed to the point of being practically useless now.
they should have kept the same frames etc and made the hat have a hurtbox imo.

TheGangstaFace

I disagree fully.

I was talking about Kotals B1 fam