What's new

Question Who was the MOST Overrated character to get nerfed?

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
So this is a simple question and I think an interesting topic. Let me give a couple examples:

I think Tempest was the MOST overrated character Pre-XL. People were still calling him top 5 in a game with: Tanya, A-List, Summoner, Takeda, Shinnok, HQT, Tremor (I don't remember if Tremor got nerfed to "abysmal" levels in September or XL), Liu Kang, Demolition, and Jax. If you've been playing this game for a while then you remember how dumb those character were after the September patch and I'm sure there's some I missed.

I'd also like to mention War God. The top 3 pre October patch I think were pretty clear IMO: Piercing, Alien, and Demo. Then the next 2 for top 5 had plenty of contenders like Takeda, Cuckthroat, Ermac, Shotgun, Swarm Queen, A-List (possibly more) and yet he was one of the few that got hit the hardest IMO with the latest patch.

Agree? Disagree? Have a different answer? Go ahead and lemme know below

THTB

Arez | Booya | Riu48 - Rest Easy, Friends
A lot of variations and characters were victims of general balancing around a meta direction. Some warranted, some not. Just came with the new meta.

TyCarter35

Bonafide Jax scrub
Launch CSZ. Everyone overreacted to him with his HTB setups and corner carry. I also rmr some overreacting to his divekick which could be made "safe" from some distances tho it really wasn't. Then NRS overnerfed his stuff and even now he's like low tier and was pretty easy to get around even b4 the nerfs imo.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Gotta go with CSZ on this one hands down.

Day 1 gameplay of stuff in line with what everyone else could already do for less execution got the character nuked, while NO ONE wanted to hear what Alien can do. Fast forward and the rest was history. If the FGC has any influence on patches with their voice that was a huge ball drop by almost all of the community.

Second goes to Erron. I believe Sonic overplayed the character to the point where he was getting more nerfs after being normalized with nothing to compensate.

Overall the game is very well balanced at this stage, but those are my two are my standouts at their time.

ismael4790

Stay focused or get Caged
Not saying they were the most hurted, but definitely remarkable examples:

Balanced Kenshi, nerfed even before the game came out, and indirectly nerfed in every patch by not getting more than shit buffs, or even a nerf in last patch that went against his identity as a variation.

Fisticuffs Cage june 2015 nerf to speedbag was overkill being a triple nerf: startup, block adv and general poke buff. No compensation for nerfing his main tool either, was left like that for almost a year.

I knew someone would mention TG lol. Idr exactly everything but sorry a 6F mid was dumb. Also offensive option selects were ridiculous when this game first came out. But if there were other changes idr them
There were several un called for changes but as far as the 6f mid goes, I would have rather them make it 7 or maybe even 8f than make it a high. With all the other gameplay nerfs, he's unplayable now.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I see CSZ has already been mentioned and he is my choice as well.

Also Erron Black got raped this last patch. Outlaw went from mediocre to trash, Marksman from pretty good to trash, Gunslinger from good to mediocre. Erron couldn't have been higher than middle of the mid tier pre patch if even that and he still got molested.

But if we are talking about the biggest loser overall, Tarkatan Alien hands down. Went from broke af top 5 to bottom 10 in an instant.