What's new

Question Who was the MOST Overrated character to get nerfed?

TheGangstaFace

Psn, Xbox, Twitter: TheGangstaFace
As far as wg, he was like lackey and got hit with universal nerfs that werent though out.

B122 mid would have been horrid in this meta but he needed something better that b32 in return.

Lao, they should have killed his j2 and see how he was after.

He was stupid with that move prepatch. The others probably stemmed from the hatred of his j2
J2 was dumb but look how many characters still have just as dumb jump punches. I know they're all different characters but Lao was one of the most honest characters at the time (can't say that for Buzzsaw too much now lel) and I think they should've made B1 slower maybe but that's it. The change to a high was just dumb lol

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Then everyone got fast pokes and the left fisticuffs dogshit for a year.

(B12 btw)

Thats what cage players were annoyed over.
At this point, all Cage players should have a sandwich board that says "Filthy casual" on it, since all they talk about is the variation that no sane person is remotely focused on or wants anything to do with.

Wigy

There it is...
At this point, all Cage players should have a sandwich board that says "Filthy casual" on it, since all they talk about is the variation that no sane person is remotely focused on or wants anything to do with.
I quoted someone talking about fisticuffs nerfs? Surely thats an okay time to mention the variation?

I can give my thoughts on a list if you would like? As i have many times?

TheGangstaFace

To be fair, was Fisticuffs really overrated though? I never really saw people using him. Just DJT made him seem real dumb (and he could've been, I don't exactly remember. B12 seemed pretty busted tbh)

Wigy

There it is...
To be fair, was Fisticuffs really overrated though? I never really saw people using him. Just DJT made him seem real dumb (and he could've been, I don't exactly remember. B12 seemed pretty busted tbh)
Fisticuffs in the meta of 9f pokes was stupid. Takeda and quan just got absolutely facerolled the second they were put in the corner back then.

Its not something that was good for the game, put in the corner by anyone who could time b12 staggers vaguely and you didnt have a 7f poke you were in big trouble.

It needed nerfed but was overdone then left under a pile of dogshit for over a year.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
Kano.

Cybernetic from day one needed help. The variation died in the last patch. Still good to use but doesn't win nearly enough match up comfortably as before. The dude STILL needs help. Nrs taketh away from cybernetic and gives to the other variations. Sad.

Commando just got band aids to fix gaping wounds and holes still in his game. Very match up specific even for a grappler.

Cutthroat needed a slight nerf. Still his #1 variation. He escaped the last patch by the tip of his db1.

TheGangstaFace

Well to be fair nothing really jails anymore. So I guess +12 currently would be dumb. But back then I don't think +12 should've gotten nerfed

TheGangstaFace

Kano.

Cybernetic from day one needed help. The variation died in the last patch. Still good to use but doesn't win nearly enough match up comfortably as before. The dude STILL needs help. Nrs taketh away from cybernetic and gives to the other variations. Sad.

Commando just got band aids to fix gaping wounds and holes still in his game. Very match up specific even for a grappler.

Cutthroat needed a slight nerf. Still his #1 variation. He escaped the last patch by the tip of his db1.
Alright idc what you say, Cutthroat was fucked up Pre-October lol and he's still really strong.

I don't think the other 2 were ever overrated nor too strong though

Kano.

Isn t the whole thing about Commando the fact that he can bait you with the gap and use his parry? Less gap is worse for him

TheGangstaFace

Was Erron Black really overrated though? Who was out here like "fuck Erron black, nerf this bitch!!!"

Gotta go with CSZ on this one hands down.

Day 1 gameplay of stuff in line with what everyone else could already do for less execution got the character nuked, while NO ONE wanted to hear what Alien can do. Fast forward and the rest was history. If the FGC has any influence on patches with their voice that was a huge ball drop by almost all of the community.

Second goes to Erron. I believe Sonic overplayed the character to the point where he was getting more nerfs after being normalized with nothing to compensate.

Overall the game is very well balanced at this stage, but those are my two are my standouts at their time.
Can we agree that the ice ball and ice beam had to be toned down ? That shit was instant as fuck with little to no recovery

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Not saying they were the most hurted, but definitely remarkable examples:

Balanced Kenshi, nerfed even before the game came out, and indirectly nerfed in every patch by not getting more than shit buffs, or even a nerf in last patch that went against his identity as a variation.
Thread title:

"MOST OVERRATED CHARACTER TO GET NERFED"

He's literally received nothing but buffs and been perceived as bottom 5 the entirety of this game, just admit you wanted to cry about Kenshi you fuckin cupcake