What's new

Poll Who is the most normalized character in Mortal Kombat XL?

Who is the most normalized character in Mortal Kombat XL?

• A-List Johnny Cage

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Crystalline Tremor

Votes: 61 27.4%
  • Demolition Sonya

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Dragon's Fire Liu Kang

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Hish-Qu-Ten Predator

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Hollywood Cassie

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Kobu Jutsu Tanya

Votes: 114 51.1%
  • Summoner Quan Chi

Votes: 70 31.4%
  • Trempest Kung Lao

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • Wrestler Jax

Votes: 9 4.0%

• Total voters

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
No. I made that thread after the stream about Tanya.

If you checked on that thread lately, my whole views changed.

Might wanna get the facts straight next time before coming for someone ;)
And you might wanna lab a char first before making judgements lol.

As soon as I saw your thread I was like god what a try hard. You seemed like you were trying way too hard to sound edgy lol.

DDutchguy

Stand 4'ing airplanes out of the sky
Meanwhile I'm just being happy with the XL patch while the forum around me crumbles.

On-topic, Kobu Tanya was my choice, because a lot of her shenanigans are now less good / no longer present. No more EX tonfa toss giving her plus frames, no more B12+4, rekka all day every day, etc.

By the way can't you just do B31 into rekkas of B12+4 is as bad as it is apparently deemed now? Only thing that changes is you build one tick of bar less and do a little bit less chip. Is B31 safe and does it have a gap after rekkas?

Tweedy

Noob
People underestimate and overestimate buffs and nerfs, but there really is no other real choice for this poll, other than Kobu Tanya. It should have asked who got hit the hardest, besides Tanya. That would have been debatable.

xKhaoTik

The Ignore Button Is Free
And you might wanna lab a char first before making judgements lol.

As soon as I saw your thread I was like god what a try hard. You seemed like you were trying way too hard to sound edgy lol.
There you go looking like a fool again lol

So I'm a try hard because everyone was saying how Tanya was dead after a stream, yet I made a thread about the other tools she has? Lol...

How could ANYONE lab Tanya at that time? And I wasn't even jumping to conclusions in that thread, but I guess you didn't read it since you're jumping to conclusions.

Did you really spend money to become a premium member just to sound like a smartass on the computer just to look like a dumbass instead? And I'm the "edgy try-hard" right? Lol

I really don't care what you have to say but if you really want to reply or something then you can pm me. Let's not derail the thread. Did enough to arguing and slaying this weekend already lol

xKhaoTik

Tanya was getting an inevitable nerf. We all saw that coming. But some of them were just wtf lol. 34 nerf? Who complained about 34? Damage nerf? She barely did over 40% in the corner while some characters do that meterlessly.

I also heard dragon naginata nerfed. That variation got butchered because of the teleport nerf so no one ever used it. How do you nerf a variation no one uses lol

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
There you go looking like a fool again lol

So I'm a try hard because everyone was saying how Tanya was dead after a stream, yet I made a thread about the other tools she has? Lol...

How could ANYONE lab Tanya at that time? And I wasn't even jumping to conclusions in that thread, but I guess you didn't read it since you're jumping to conclusions.

Did you really spend money to become a premium member just to sound like a smartass on the computer just to look like a dumbass instead? And I'm the "edgy try-hard" right? Lol

I really don't care what you have to say but if you really want to reply or something then you can pm me. Let's not derail the thread. Did enough to arguing and slaying this weekend already lol
Patch wasn't out so you couldn't lab her that's my point.

I became a premium member to change my name and contribute to the site I spend lots of hours on, so it only seemed fair to support it to me.

Also I just busting your balls lol. Don't take it to the heart.

If you didn't want to derail the thread your last post could had been a PM. And if you really didn't care why continue replying to me?

SM StarGazer

The voice of reason in a Sea of Salt
Sorry but this list is garboxjasontier. Mileena got hit HARD with GGPO, she cant machine gun b12 and roll is no longer +21. ERMAC got hit even harder. With GGPO d3-f4xxSoulBall is no longer a true blockstring/infinite. Get Rekt.

xKhaoTik

Sorry but this list is garboxjasontier. Mileena got hit HARD with GGPO, she cant machine gun b12 and roll is no longer +21. ERMAC got hit even harder. With GGPO d3-f4xxSoulBall is no longer a true blockstring/infinite. Get Rekt.
Speaking of mileena, is it me or is her b12 string faster? Not the start up of b1, but the string as a whole seems alot faster

Airvidal

"You play weird" It's called being unorthodox ;)
When the KP2 characters get inevitably normalized. The game WILL be balanced because there won't be so much of the 'dirt' you guys rely on.

Then we can shut the fuck up about who got 'ruined'.

It's getting boring.

Everyone is like "Tremor lost his OTG!?"

So did Goro and the rest of the cast and some of those characters had less of a winning chance than the top tiers.
To be fair, these top tiers lost more than just the OTGs. Goro was already super good and he actually got buffed...there's no reason for me not to pick him up now.

Yeah, others lost their OTG damage, but Tremor's was far more integral to his game than other characters in my opinion. I would see some Goro, Jax and other players occasionally use their OTG, but nowhere near as much as Tremor players would. I think they should have just reduced the overall damage it dealt instead of making it scale to combos. Using a bar for 3% is laughably bad unless it's GOING to win the round/match. It should have been reduced to a flat number around 8-10%, regardless of how long the combo was.

Then the change to his Up Rock hurt him even more. They could have changed it to a mid and possibly reduced/added a few frames here or there, but not to the degree that they did.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you as these are just my opinions and you're obviously allowed to have your own on the matter. I'm just wanting to discuss things in a civil manner. :D
mmm I disagree because I think his OTGs were basically unfair. Sure you needed a bar to do it but that was about 13%? He's damage was already great aside from his pressure; I can see why the drop rock nerf. Too much for an OTG. Although, I agree the scaling should have been less. I think 7% should be fine.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Tremor deserves more than an honorable mention, the patch completely shat on his meta and neutral, and made him even harder to manage as a character. More nerfs are being discovered as we speak. I'm surprised Tremor didn't get more votes considering Quan still has some of his BS.

This patch completely destroyed 75% of the KP1 characters and for what gain....MKXL and KP2.

NRS you done fucked up.
Yeah but overall hes still stronger than the characters I mentioned. Demolition Sonya and Kobu are just pointless now

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
If you mean that a character reasoned unreasonable/extreme bad changes, from what I know I'd have to say Cassie and Tanya. Just seems like NRS didn't know what to do with what they created so they just said "screw it". Though I don't know much about Tanya and there could be still a way for her to get some rekka pressure like prepatch.

@General M2Dave So the mixup nerf I keep hearing for Quan is he can't summon bat after trance to get the crazy high low?

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Because Cybernetic Kano belongs in Mortal Kombat 9. He has always sucked. Commando Kano has improved a little bit. Cutthroat Kano plays Mortal Kombat XL. He has improved too.
Too say Cutthroat is improved is a bit of an understatement, he's now better than most of the characters in the poll.