What's new

Poll Who is the most normalized character in Mortal Kombat XL?

Who is the most normalized character in Mortal Kombat XL?

• A-List Johnny Cage

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Crystalline Tremor

Votes: 61 27.4%
  • Demolition Sonya

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Dragon's Fire Liu Kang

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Hish-Qu-Ten Predator

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Hollywood Cassie

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Kobu Jutsu Tanya

Votes: 114 51.1%
  • Summoner Quan Chi

Votes: 70 31.4%
  • Trempest Kung Lao

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • Wrestler Jax

Votes: 9 4.0%

• Total voters

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Could not agree more.

MKX has suffered from a stale cast from the beggining. Why they choose to kill off characters is beyond me.

I also think at this point we can safely say NRS has failed at implementing a variation system. Generally speaking, the majority of them are unviable. And their inability to nerf one variation without destroying the other two is frustrating.

I think ive struggled to find chars that i relate to in MKX. Initialy i liked spec ops, then NRS made her irelavent so i opted to tier whore instead and played summoner/tanya. Now that theyve killed off tanya off and made IMO awkward changes to quan (they could have simply made lb mid)... Im forced to play the seemingly broke KP2 chars, none of whom i really enjoy. And with the potential for this being the last patch, im really not too hopeful for MKXs future.
I see where you are coming from but I still have fun playing about 20 chars in this game haha.

just_2swift

MK1 is the best MK period.
Yeah, others lost their OTG damage, but Tremor's was far more integral to his game than other characters in my opinion. I would see some Goro, Jax and other players occasionally use their OTG, but nowhere near as much as Tremor players would. I think they should have just reduced the overall damage it dealt instead of making it scale to combos. Using a bar for 3% is laughably bad unless it's GOING to win the round/match. It should have been reduced to a flat number around 8-10%, regardless of how long the combo was.

Then the change to his Up Rock hurt him even more. They could have changed it to a mid and possibly reduced/added a few frames here or there, but not to the degree that they did.

I'm not trying to start an argument with you as these are just my opinions and you're obviously allowed to have your own on the matter. I'm just wanting to discuss things in a civil manner. :D

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
Mystic Ermac, he was unusable pre-beta, barely buffed in the beta and then nerfed once he came out. R.I.P. force push, all those souls yet they never got to live.
Mystic was arguably still not worth using over the other variations even with the buff to meterless push though lol.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
I don't know Sonya so I don't know how the changes affect her. Don't even know what happened exactly.
She used to get nothing without her unreliable set-up, but with set-up was rewarded with way better than average damage

Now she just gets average damage and requires a non-guaranteed set-up to do it and without it has the worst damage in the game

I think shes pretty crappy now

Mystic was arguably still not worth using over the other variations even with the buff to meterless push though lol.
yeah they really should have left him how he was in the beta, hes back to useless again

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
She used to get nothing without her unreliable set-up, but with set-up was rewarded with way better than average damage

Now she just gets average damage and requires a non-guaranteed set-up to do it and without it has the worst damage in the game

yeah they really should have left him how he was in the beta, hes back to useless again
Had no clue her setups only kind of worked. Thought she had some crazy dirt to go along with those crazy grenade combos that got recently discovered. Meh I hate fighting against all characters that NRS makes that have independent attacks so no love lost here lol. But if that's the case guess I'd lumped her in with Cassie and Tanya where they just don't really have anything anymore. Except Brawler though. Been calling it being the best after patches since the first one. It was too honest in comparison and never really got any shine so in NRS fashion it gets buffed.

The Highlander

There can be only one

I think cassie gets worse damage, no?

TamedLizard

Buff George
Voted Summoner, Tremor, and Lao. Would say Tanya but she got rekt, not normalized.

And Lao simply because J2 is SO much easier to deal with. This is a loaded question though lol.

E

Eldriken

What did they change from the beta? I know about the block "infinite" being gone, but that was an obvious change.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
Yes. I don't think it had any different properties than the original other than maybe damage? I could be wrong about that, but I never saw anyone use EX Up Rock prior to its changes. EX Up Rock in the current patch functions like the non-EX version prior to getting nerfed, I believe.

Well, I like to point out that I'm not trying to start an argument 'cause folks on here (not the person I was quoting specifically) love to start arguments when you have a different opinion than them.

But I agree that his Up Rock is the bigger issue here to most than his OTG.
Idk if it's just myself or what but I don't notice the frame changes for the up rock. I never really payed that much attention to it pre patch however. It doesn't appear noticably slower to me. As for the otg, it hurts but I think the best course of action I've found is using his armor up after ending in F121. Canceling into this I've found allows me to maintain pressure with less risk and maintain control of the tempo. I found that not spending that bar on the otg at the end of combos also makes him less meter intensive. I know it was optional to spend the bar but I find myself spending it in a more effective matter than just the otg.