What's new

Poll Who is the most normalized character in Mortal Kombat XL?

Who is the most normalized character in Mortal Kombat XL?

• A-List Johnny Cage

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Crystalline Tremor

Votes: 61 27.4%
  • Demolition Sonya

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Dragon's Fire Liu Kang

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Hish-Qu-Ten Predator

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Hollywood Cassie

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Kobu Jutsu Tanya

Votes: 114 51.1%
  • Summoner Quan Chi

Votes: 70 31.4%
  • Trempest Kung Lao

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • Wrestler Jax

Votes: 9 4.0%

• Total voters

M2Dave

Zoning Master
We have seen the patch notes. We have played the game. Who is the most normalized character in Mortal Kombat XLin your opinion? You can vote for three characters.

A-List Johnny Cage - d+4 is -6 on block and has five more recovery frames. d+3 is 7 frames but -9 on block. The universal chip damage and meter gain reduction has also affected Johnny Cage more so than other characters.

Crystalline Tremor - MB low shatter does 4% less damage and is -5 on block. Up rock has 6 more frames of start up and 10 more recovery frames in all variations. OTG EX ground pulse suffers from severe damage reduction when used in long combos.

Demolition Sonya - stun grenades no longer bounce upon hitting the ground. Damage reduction has been increased on stun grenades.

Dragon's Fire Liu Kang - bicycle kick from dragon kick is 0 on block. The universal chip damage and meter gain reduction has also affected Liu Kang more so than other characters.

Hish-Qu-Ten Predator - all plasma shots do 1% less damage on hit. All plasma shots do less chip damage. MB straight and low plasma shots build no meter on block. String canceled from the straight plasma shot provide slightly less block advantage.

Hollywood Cassie - flip kick has one more frame of start up. The armor on MB flip kick has been removed. The increased advantage on nut punch on a heightened opponent has been reduced. b+2,1,2 is now -14 while the fourth hit of b+2,1,2,d+2+4 has less cancel advantage that prevents EX gunshot to jail afterward.

Kobu Jutsu Tanya - b+1 is slower by one frame. b+1, 1+4 is -10 on lock. The armor on MB tonfa swipe has been removed. Tonfa throw is 0 on block.

Summoner Quan Chi - EX rune is -1 in all variations unless delayed. Trance provides less advantage on hit which disallows Quan Chi to summon the bat and continue the combo. EX rune and bat suffer from slight damage reduction.

Tempest Kung Lao - the hitbox of jumping 2 has been slightly reduced. EX hat spin is +7 on block.

Wrestler Jax - b+2 is -13 on block. d+3 is -2 on block. Damage reduction has been increased after downward dash punch and fist in all variations.

Last edited:

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
That thing about Jax's EX Gotcha Grab having more damage scaling on it isn't actually true. Only the OH Dash Punch got that.

Derptile

RIP Ex Smash
Dragon's Fire Liu Kang also had all of his FBRCs cancels nerfed in the latest patch, so yeah.

But the answer to you're question is Summoner Quan Chi, he was the best character in the game prepatch IMO.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Now when you say normalized, do you mean nerfed but a fair nerf and still good?

Because Tanya got beyond bodied...I don't think that was a normalization lol
I agree. I cannot stand when developers destroy a character because stream monsters dislike him/her. What is the point of destroying characters? High level players will simply move on and choose the next best one, so stream monsters will find a new target to complain about.

That thing about Jax's EX Gotcha Grab having more damage scaling on it isn't actually true. Only the OH Dash Punch got that.
Thanks. Corrected.

But the answer to you're question is Summoner Quan Chi, he was the best character in the game prepatch IMO.
He was top three, but the best? Huge bill.

The Highlander

There can be only one
I agree. I cannot stand when developers destroy a character because stream monsters dislike him/her. What is the point of destroying characters? High level players will simply move on and choose the next best one, so stream monsters will find a new target to complain about.
Hmm there are top tiers like Zod and Bane that got a lot of love on stream because they were interesting or hype to watch. Kobu jitsu was hated because like supermans f23 it was plain boring to watch.

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
the ones that got nerfed the hardest

Kobu, self explanatory

Demolition Sonya, she used to make the tradeoff of needing set-ups but getting good reward for it. Now she needs that same set-up, but gets what other characters get standard off it. Shes absolutely destroyed

Jax, not as badly as the other two but all he had to seperate him from the other 50/50 gods was that damage, now with that normalized he's pretty standard other than the tick throws, his footsies are simply not on the level of other characters with similar tools and more

Honorable mention for Tremor too

JDM

Noob
If we're talking from this patch alone either Cassie or Kobu

Overall? Predator, no doubt. He's gotten beat with the nerf bat relentlessly since his release. He's a shell of his former self. Still good but it kinda hurts me as a Predator main to see the nerf list.

STRYKIE

Why isn't Erron on the list :eek:
Overall I think it's fair to say there were more pros than cons with the Erron changes in the XL patch.

If we're talking from this patch alone either Cassie or Kobu

Overall? Predator, no doubt. He's gotten beat with the nerf bat relentlessly since his release. He's a shell of his former self. Still good but it kinda hurts me as a Predator main to see the nerf list.
For what it's worth, he was given some pretty good buffs in Warrior.

Noob
Overall I think it's fair to say there were more pros than cons with the Erron changes in the XL patch.

For what it's worth, he was given some pretty good buffs in Warrior.
I wouldn't say that. Sure his sand trap has more range and is plus on block but only +10. Other than that he lost a bunch of tick throws, his ex-sand still has the retarded pushback along with his garbage neutral (not as much for gunslinger) and lack of mid agh haha

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"

I tend to disagree with you, but I'd be an asshole if I said this wasn't true as fuck.

nerfing a character and destroying them are two different things. Tanya got fucking destroyed, although I think she's still decent mid tier regardless.

STRYKIE

I wouldn't say that. Sure his sand trap has more range and is plus on block but only +10. Other than that he lost a bunch of tick throws, his ex-sand still has the (soap bar in my mouth) pushback along with his garbage neutral (not as much for gunslinger) and lack of mid agh haha
Well that's the thing, most of those things were already prevalent problems for Erron anyway. Most people were armed and ready for the old command grab metagame with OS's, and it's not like he once had Jax's F212 and they suddenly took it away lol.

Noob
Well that's the thing, most of those things were already prevalent problems for Erron anyway. Most people were armed and ready for the old command grab metagame with OS's, and it's not like he once had Jax's F212 and they suddenly took it away lol.
But we never got the old cmd grabd metagame back. All we got is basically 21 command grab, any knowledge player can blow that up everysingle time so there 21122 has become garnage. Garbage tick throws, -1, ex-sand push back -> waste of meter for the most part, garbage meter building now (universal nerf) AGH FUCK TYPING THIS MAKES ME SO SALTY lol. :D