What's new

Poll Who is the most normalized character in Mortal Kombat XL?

Who is the most normalized character in Mortal Kombat XL?

• A-List Johnny Cage

Votes: 5 2.2%
  • Crystalline Tremor

Votes: 61 27.4%
  • Demolition Sonya

Votes: 8 3.6%
  • Dragon's Fire Liu Kang

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Hish-Qu-Ten Predator

Votes: 9 4.0%
  • Hollywood Cassie

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Kobu Jutsu Tanya

Votes: 114 51.1%
  • Summoner Quan Chi

Votes: 70 31.4%
  • Trempest Kung Lao

Votes: 21 9.4%
  • Wrestler Jax

Votes: 9 4.0%

• Total voters

STRYKIE

Are ya' ready for MK11 kids?!
It's not. People said the same about Martian Man Hunter and Batgirl. Too much money to lose from new players looking for an advantage to normalize them.
Well I don't know about that, I mean Injustice Scorpion was castrated despite being a poor man's Batgirl in the first place.

E

Eldriken

Idk if it's just myself or what but I don't notice the frame changes for the up rock. I never really payed that much attention to it pre patch however. It doesn't appear noticably slower to me. As for the otg, it hurts but I think the best course of action I've found is using his armor up after ending in F121. Canceling into this I've found allows me to maintain pressure with less risk and maintain control of the tempo. I found that not spending that bar on the otg at the end of combos also makes him less meter intensive. I know it was optional to spend the bar but I find myself spending it in a more effective matter than just the otg.
The most notable part to me is the recovery. Tremor just stands there unable to do anything for a noticeably longer period of time than he did before.

Wolverine32

PSN: ADM_Wolverine
The most notable part to me is the recovery. Tremor just stands there unable to do anything for a noticeably longer period of time than he did before.
Ahh, I was looking at the projectile getting out and to them more than when tremor could move... That makes more sense. Thanks

God Confirm

We're all from Earthrealm. If not, cool pic brah.
Had no clue her setups only kind of worked. Thought she had some crazy dirt to go along with those crazy grenade combos that got recently discovered. Meh I hate fighting against all characters that NRS makes that have independent attacks so no love lost here lol. But if that's the case guess I'd lumped her in with Cassie and Tanya where they just don't really have anything anymore. Except Brawler though. Been calling it being the best after patches since the first one. It was too honest in comparison and never really got any shine so in NRS fashion it gets buffed.
I think Cassie (Hollywood) is still fine, she was very strong before the patch now she is just fairer. The gap in the B2 string and changes to meterbuilding and chip is the worst nerf she got, most good Cassie's didn't blow their bar throwing out safe EX Flips all the time anyway, and all her competition in the top 10 was toned down along with her. Shes still alright.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I think Cassie (Hollywood) is still fine, she was very strong before the patch now she is just fairer. The gap in the B2 string and changes to meterbuilding and chip is the worst nerf she got, most good Cassie's didn't blow their bar throwing out safe EX Flips all the time anyway, and all her competition in the top 10 was toned down along with her. Shes still alright.
Yeah Cassie's alright but what does Hollywood have now besides air gunshots (which aren't that spectacular except for a few MUs) and a 1 bar restand. It's odd comparing this Hollywood to the one from before all the patches. That's why I made the comment about judging based on not if they were still good but how much I felt they got changed.

God Confirm

Yeah Cassie's alright but what does Hollywood have now besides air gunshots (which aren't that spectacular except for a few MUs) and a 1 bar restand. It's odd comparing this Hollywood to the one from before all the patches. That's why I made the comment about judging based on not if they were still good but how much I felt they got changed.
Gunshots are a great in almost every match up, they are my favorite projectile in the game and the reason I play Cassie. I really think they are underrated because people don't have the execution to use them properly, once you do they are the fastest projectile in the game at 8-9 frames start up and almost instant travel time, and also very safer at -11, and multihitting, and can be meterburned for a third mid hit + air backdash. Can say "what does she have outside of the guns" well to me thats like saying "what does GM have outside of the Clone?" the guns are what make this character, the vortex is a pretty big bonus but also awesome.

Tweedy

Noob
I understand TYM has it out for Kung Lao, but only about 20 votes for him when Tremor or Quan got a lot of votes, is hilarious. Tanya is without a doubt the most normalized. Lao has however gotten the most downplayed normalization.

I invite people to try playing him. Not one mix up, slowest buttons in the game, no strings allowed after EX hat. Chip damage is bad, throws are reactable, his OP jump attack is gone. One of the worst walk speeds in the game, horrible backdash, his teleport is still awful. Some of these problems existed pre patch, they were just downplayed because of how strong EX hat was, when 11 could jail and B321 was a thing after it.

He went from possibly top 1 in the game, to possibly mid tier. He definitely should be getting more votes lol.

Dankster Morgan

It is better this way
I understand TYM has it out for Kung Lao, but only about 20 votes for him when Tremor or Quan got a lot of votes, is hilarious. Tanya is without a doubt the most normalized. Lao has however gotten the most downplayed normalization.

I invite people to try playing him. Not one mix up, slowest buttons in the game, no strings allowed after EX hat. Chip damage is bad, throws are reactable, his OP jump attack is gone. One of the worst walk speeds in the game, horrible backdash, his teleport is still awful. Some of these problems existed pre patch, they were just downplayed because of how strong EX hat was, when 11 could jail and B321 was a thing after it.

He went from possibly top 1 in the game, to possibly mid tier. He definitely should be getting more votes lol.
Yep it's like it doesn't matter what he does because his turn will be over. He got hit but not like Tremor.

Zoidberg747

My blades will find your heart
Meanwhile I'm just being happy with the XL patch while the forum around me crumbles.

On-topic, Kobu Tanya was my choice, because a lot of her shenanigans are now less good / no longer present. No more EX tonfa toss giving her plus frames, no more B12+4, rekka all day every day, etc.

By the way can't you just do B31 into rekkas of B12+4 is as bad as it is apparently deemed now? Only thing that changes is you build one tick of bar less and do a little bit less chip. Is B31 safe and does it have a gap after rekkas?
B31 has bad range though. The change basically hurt her neutral which tbh wasnt great to begin with. I think B11 would probably be the go to now to go into rekkas.

The worst changes were reducing her damage(her damage was never an issue) and increasing the startup for her flipkick ender. If they hadn't done those things Kobu and the other variations would've been viable. But now Kobu is kinda viable and the other two variations are straight trash, which is what most Tanya mains are upset about.

God Confirm

Anyone that says Jax needs to leave this thread now lol
Lost around 5% damage on average in combos, 10% on his corner combo, his B2 opener is now has like quadruple the punish window, his D3 and his OTG's were nerfed.

Yeah I really don't think you know what you are talking about if you think it's so crazy for him to even POSSIBLY be in the running for third most nerfed character, when you have options like AList and Liu Kang up there