What's new

Who here will continue playing MK11 for years to come?

Are you going to keep playing MK11 for years to come?

• Total voters
I think this is one of the best fighting games ever made
Gurrrrlllll really? Do you low key work for NRS or what? BEST?..........This game has made me go back to MKX and appreciate it even more. When swapping from MK11 back to MKX it's just much more FUN. MK11 is to basic for me yet complicated it some ways.......no combos......no combo creativity...everything is stripped....Flawless blocking I will never learn to capitalize off......I hate the rolls and wake up system.

OzzFoxx

Hardcore gaming poser.
This is, hands down, the simplest and most dumbed down version of any recent NRS game. Characters are super easy to use and are top tier. No depth or combo creativity. The game is already stale.

There is a term I always like to use when describing games... "labability" Does a game have a lot to lap? MK11 does not. Combos, combo creativity, hard to do combo/links/max damage, vortex and resets... the game truly lacks. The only thing you are lab'ing in this game are flawless blocks and punishes.
I fully agree with this but it makes me wonder why we all aren’t obsessed with MvCi, as that game had unending labability. But labbing is where the fun is for me. I hope they bring back more meterless pop ups, delayed projectiles w fast recovery, hard-to-execute traps, weird “fell thru the cracks” corner combos and drastically decrease FB/KB damage so we can have this stuff back.

There is an Injustice 2 cyborg combo/setup that perfectly encapsulates everything mk11 is missing: 113 dd3 ... f22 (dd3 hits) f3 j3 bf1 MB. I want “that.” MKX had the same stuff w D’Vorah and Raiden

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I fully agree with this but it makes me wonder why we all aren’t obsessed with MvCi, as that game had unending labability.
Mostly because fundamentals > "labbability". If the fundamental play is solid you don't need a ton of gimmicks and setups to make the gameplay enjoyable.

Not that those layers are a bad thing -- but even a more straightforward fighting game can be great if it's fun to play.

But if it's the reverse, and you have a ton of gimmickry and setups but the game isn't fundamentally that solid, no one will want to play it.

cavemold

BIG D POLE .
Mostly because fundamentals > "labbability". If the fundamental play is solid you don't need a ton of gimmicks and setups to make the gameplay enjoyable.

Not that those layers are a bad thing -- but even a more straightforward fighting game can be great if it's fun to play.

But if it's the reverse, and you have a ton of gimmickry and setups but the game isn't fundamentally that solid, no one will want to play it.
We dont care about MCVI because its Avengers with thrown in capcom characters. Point blank reason, The infinity gem gameplay is not that fun either the X factor was kinda cool . MVC could take over the fighitng game industry if they just released marvel capcom 2 with updated graphics and skins and actually story mode like they had in MCVI.
First and foremost Fighting Games are based on the rosters and their abilities..

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
This is, hands down, the simplest and most dumbed down version of any recent NRS game. Characters are super easy to use and are top tier. No depth or combo creativity. The game is already stale.

There is a term I always like to use when describing games... "labability" Does a game have a lot to lap? MK11 does not. Combos, combo creativity, hard to do combo/links/max damage, vortex and resets... the game truly lacks. The only thing you are lab'ing in this game are flawless blocks and punishes.
I agree. I love the mechanics of the game but the individual characters are sooooo watered down that it allows little to no creativity on the player side.. safe to say there is nothing to discover for characters in this game past the first week.

dribirut

BLAK FELOW
It’s like they were afraid to implement fun/varied character concepts in the game because of the potential balance implications. So characters with original concepts: kollector (vial), Kano (Molotov), Kotal (totem), etc. were made soo weak in fear of having to balance it later.

I remember we used to have some really cool character designs in terms of movesets specifically from mk9-injustice 1 and mkx.

Remember characters like bane, Solomon Grundy, reptile, cyber sub, Batman, kabal, Quan, etc.

All these characters had unique movesets which would let us lab for weeks/months.

Also whatsup with nrs not being able to make a upper mid/top tier grappler since bane in injustice one...

This is some grade A shilling
They're Jacqui/Liu Kang players that think they're good at the game.
The funny thing is I have, and I've been having a great time with it but a part of me doesn't want to drop MK11 for it because well, its fkn MK. I was waiting years for the game and something wants me to stick with it to find that spark that late term MKX brought me you know? But i guess no use forcing myself or i might never go back to it .
I hear you. It's just gotten to point for me where I'll ask myself if it's worth playing another match and getting mad, or if should just play another game and relax. I'll still play it until it dies, but I definitely haven't been playing as much as I used to. So much potential being wasted being wasted right now.

Tanya-Fan-28

TanyaShouldBeInMK11
I'm 50/50, ever i have dived into the mk universe, the more I question my liking of it. The super long fatal blows and fatalities, watching streamers act like they won a Grammy over a quitality, poke and throw meta ect. Since I kinda already started to try and get better, and also paying money for the game I feel like there is no going back though. I have debated becoming a competitive Tekken player instead because there are way less unskippable curstenes.

Last edited:
I fully agree with this but it makes me wonder why we all aren’t obsessed with MvCi, as that game had unending labability. But labbing is where the fun is for me. I hope they bring back more meterless pop ups, delayed projectiles w fast recovery, hard-to-execute traps, weird “fell thru the cracks” corner combos and drastically decrease FB/KB damage so we can have this stuff back.

There is an Injustice 2 cyborg combo/setup that perfectly encapsulates everything mk11 is missing: 113 dd3 ... f22 (dd3 hits) f3 j3 bf1 MB. I want “that.” MKX had the same stuff w D’Vorah and Raiden
Well mvci is a completely different piece of shit. The only redeeming quality of that game is the gameplay

thesacrifist

Too old for this
First and foremost Fighting Games are based on the rosters and their abilities..
Hey now, that's just gibberish. Characters are just various functions.

I think MK11 is a very good game, but it's blatantly obvious there were some really weird/disjointed design decisions along the way. The variation system is a good example, where the characters are obviously designed for custom variations (For example: Sonya has a focus on her drone walker in her intros, outros, gear, custom moves, but the tournament variations don't even use Wall-E at all which makes the character feel disjointed) and the game kind of lacks "soul". It's good enough for me to be 100% invested and play it like a madman after every DLC release for now, but I get easily bored with it again. I won't go all-in until custom variations are unlocked, which is a sentiment I feel I share with a great deal of fighting game interested casuals like myself.

Gaxkang

Banned
Unlikely. :p

I play it now because it has cool characters, presentation, things to collect in single player play, and if one wants to play online it's populated and not one of those 50 player games.

But I think the gameplay is bad really....so eventually I would play something else. In terms of a years timetable yeah heh.

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
I’ll play it until the next NRS game, most likely. But I predict a pretty lengthy break in September due to Remnant, Monster Hunter World, and Borderlands 3.

Vslayer

Juiced Moose On The Loose
Lead Moderator
Gurrrrlllll really? Do you low key work for NRS or what? BEST?..........This game has made me go back to MKX and appreciate it even more. When swapping from MK11 back to MKX it's just much more FUN. MK11 is to basic for me yet complicated it some ways.......no combos......no combo creativity...everything is stripped....Flawless blocking I will never learn to capitalize off......I hate the rolls and wake up system.
Yikes, MKX was trash tho. It was insanely fun sure, but as a competitive FG, it was trash.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
I'd take a fun exciting couch fighter over a boring EVO seat filler any day of the year.
MK11 being boring is extremely subjective. I thought EVO was hype, had a blast watching most of the matches, and I’m having fun playing this game and trying to level up each day.

Also things like Kombat League are fun additions to the mix. I get salty but it's fun to make it farther and farther each time.

Last edited:
I agree. I love the mechanics of the game but the individual characters are sooooo watered down that it allows little to no creativity on the player side.. safe to say there is nothing to discover for characters in this game past the first week.
quick make a combo guide for scarlet, noob and highborn lmao

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
no poke spamming. No fatal blows. Just business
Destroyers tourneys during the months before mk11 got announced was the most engaged ive ever been with the pro MK scene outside of EVO. He was responsible for so many people picking the game up again. But the fact that he is still making MKX videos after MK11s release tells me that i'm not the only one who thinks the gameplay is lacking spark.