What's new

Who here will continue playing MK11 for years to come?

Are you going to keep playing MK11 for years to come?

• Total voters

DeftMonk

Noob
I like the game a lot (not quite as much as I did at first just because of seeing certain shit over and over that makes gameplay stale. My real reason for not playing it much is on PC i spend so much damn time looking for match and then its over so fast. I wish they added training mode while you queue thats all really.

I played a set with Frost last night but got bored and jumped on Samsho. Earlier in launch I played a lot more but now after a few matches I hop on something else.

Sazbak

Noob
I will continue to play this franchise even as a senile old man. The only difference is that I will be only able to play Geras and Liu but that's ok.

Marlow

Premium Supporter
Premium Supporter
If another Injustice game comes out I'll probably drop MK11 in favor of Injustice, since I really love that series. But that's not a knock against MK, I really enjoy MK11 when I do play it. I just enjoy the Injustice games better.

I also might just end up dropping it due to life. I'm going to be a father in February, so the time I have to spend on videogames is going to get pretty low. If I do have time to play it'll probably be more on something like Injustice 2, Borderlands 3, or Apex.

Mantra

Noob
I dropped it a week or so ago but intend to give it another go when Sindel is released as she's my favourite character. I love the way this game looks and it's not a bad game by any means, I just don't find the gameplay as fun. It makes me sad but I think injustice may have spoiled mk for me, I've grown to hate the block button and the combos in mk just seem so barebones in comparison.
No hate on Mk11 I'll definitely give it another go, maybe I'm just burnt out and lacking a main.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I will keep playing it for years to come. It's a alright game.
Don't really care for others opinions on it has I only have had maybe 10 hours on the game in total and it seems pretty fun to me.

Maybe only for the simple reason that I can only play once a week if that along with Tekken 7 and dbfz.

Full time career and family kids and life just seems to have got in the way now that I tend to think in a few years I can really enjoy this game just like mw2, gow3, mk9, ssf4, and so many other soon to be classics.

While I've finally started playing other games here and there. I still need to get my min of 3 - 5 matches in everyday.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
This is, hands down, the simplest and most dumbed down version of any recent NRS game. Characters are super easy to use and are top tier. No depth or combo creativity. The game is already stale.

There is a term I always like to use when describing games... "labability" Does a game have a lot to lap? MK11 does not. Combos, combo creativity, hard to do combo/links/max damage, vortex and resets... the game truly lacks. The only thing you are lab'ing in this game are flawless blocks and punishes.
I agree in certain aspects. I felt the same way but I have found tons if stuff to lab, WU OS, Tech OS, Character Specific OS, there are a few tight frame links and of course punishers, counters to strong tools, MU specific counters, some optimal combos, wavedashing.
I do feel characters need to be more free and open but overall I'm having fun with several characters. I also think after DLC and Patches will add life to the game as well as 3rd variations.
I honestly have fun by playing a new character every 2-3 weeks and I use 4 characters in my lineups every 2weeks. Using characters that are not as popular and finding how to make them work at a high level is entertaining for me.

LawAbidingCitizen

Bomb Setups & Ball Rolls(Mileena/Cyrax)
I will keep playing for years to come. The only thing that would make me quit is characters getting unjust nerfs that make them boring like Cyrax in MKX.

Jelan

Aquaman is dead lel
I think I will, only stopped Injustice 2 because of the atrocious inventory system not because I got bored of the game itself.

Very much looking forward what the future brings in MK11.

Functional hitboxes for Johnny hopefully.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
This is, hands down, the simplest and most dumbed down version of any recent NRS game. Characters are super easy to use and are top tier. No depth or combo creativity. The game is already stale.

There is a term I always like to use when describing games... "labability" Does a game have a lot to lap? MK11 does not. Combos, combo creativity, hard to do combo/links/max damage, vortex and resets... the game truly lacks. The only thing you are lab'ing in this game are flawless blocks and punishes.
THIS is whats killing the game for me. I mean I get if you love 'balance' but, honestly, it's fucking boring. I can't for the life of me understand why some combo paths and variability got removed in the D1 patch. Kitana's fans could combo into decent damage, Kollector got some nice cancels off of F4, some others with KK I can't recall, but THATS THE SHIT I NEED TO MAKE THE GAME FUN.

I'm all for balance but ffs when ever single character you face online has the EXACT SAME COMBO PATHS it gets fucking old real quick, no overheads or low mixups that require quick thinking, no safe cancel pressure that forces aggression from the other player. Fucking everything costs bar in this game, and everything is straight forward, I'm tried of opening up with throws because all of the combos with most characters don't have any decent OH or Lows. People are STILL finding shit in MKX, this game is so flowchart and simple most things were found in the first week, and flawless block labs are useless when most characters don't have decent U2's. This game just isn't fun for me anymore and I seriously doubt there will be an overhaul anytime soon that makes the gameplay anything but slower and more streamlined. Maybe I'll pick it up when the dlc comes out but if they all have babys first fighting game like playstyles than thats a hard pass. Shame too because I was soo hyped for this game when it came out.

Name v.5.0

Iowa's Finest.
I am so blown away by the people who dislike this game because there's no resets, mixups, crazy combos leading to 2 touch rounds, etc....Isn't that the reason the majority of people complained about for MKX, leading to sweeping patches that completely changed MKX late life cycle, effectively killing it?

The level of bullshit in MKX early on was insanity, and now we have a game that basically cut out the majority of bullshit and that means no depth which means no fun? That's crazy to me. I'd rather play a game of footsies and punishment over a game that's just guessing all the time. It's bad enough as it is with the throw/strike game in MK11.

I guess the truth to all this is that NRS changes their games so drastically from release to release that we will never come together as a community to love the game. There's always something to bitch about.

That being said, I'd play this game for years. It's fairly well rounded, not a ton of bullshit and I don't have to blame guessing for my losses.

FanTalk

The 5th Yonko
I really wanna leave MK11 but I can't. At first I couldn't find a character to identify with. Of course I ended up linking to Skarlet and Raiden but it took time for me to really pick them seriously. And I genuinely believe because I spent so much time trying to find my character I missed out on time I could've spent grinding EXP/Leveling up my skills.

Not only couldn't I find my character but I couldn't come to grips that MK11 is 1000000% different from MKX. For almost 90% of the playerbase that shouldn't be a problem but for me, I had trouble accepting the new mechanics and system. (When I say this I don't mean things like limited mixups-zoning, etc. I mean just how things are so different like the breakaway system, krushing blows, fatal blows, shit like that. Don't get it twisted lol)

At this point I'm riding with Raiden and Skarlet to the very end. The game is very fun to play. Very fun to watch. But as a competitive player MK11 may not be the game for me :(

DeftMonk

Noob
I am so blown away by the people who dislike this game because there's no resets, mixups, crazy combos leading to 2 touch rounds, etc....Isn't that the reason the majority of people complained about for MKX, leading to sweeping patches that completely changed MKX late life cycle, effectively killing it?

The level of bullshit in MKX early on was insanity, and now we have a game that basically cut out the majority of bullshit and that means no depth which means no fun? That's crazy to me. I'd rather play a game of footsies and punishment over a game that's just guessing all the time. It's bad enough as it is with the throw/strike game in MK11.

I guess the truth to all this is that NRS changes their games so drastically from release to release that we will never come together as a community to love the game. There's always something to bitch about.

That being said, I'd play this game for years. It's fairly well rounded, not a ton of bullshit and I don't have to blame guessing for my losses.
Lots of people just spennt lots of time practicing shit in mkx on a training dummy that just took it in the ass. This game has no need for that. The super 1 dimensional offense and fatal blows are what kinda pull me away from it (when I can find a game which isnt often).

Not dropping my favourite MK at least until Injustice 3. :rolleyes:

Even then, I would occasionally play this masterpiece like I do with MKX.

THIS is whats killing the game for me. I mean I get if you love 'balance' but, honestly, it's fucking boring. I can't for the life of me understand why some combo paths and variability got removed in the D1 patch. Kitana's fans could combo into decent damage, Kollector got some nice cancels off of F4, some others with KK I can't recall, but THATS THE SHIT I NEED TO MAKE THE GAME FUN.

I'm all for balance but ffs when ever single character you face online has the EXACT SAME COMBO PATHS it gets fucking old real quick, no overheads or low mixups that require quick thinking, no safe cancel pressure that forces aggression from the other player. Fucking everything costs bar in this game, and everything is straight forward, I'm tried of opening up with throws because all of the combos with most characters don't have any decent OH or Lows. People are STILL finding shit in MKX, this game is so flowchart and simple most things were found in the first week, and flawless block labs are useless when most characters don't have decent U2's. This game just isn't fun for me anymore and I seriously doubt there will be an overhaul anytime soon that makes the gameplay anything but slower and more streamlined. Maybe I'll pick it up when the dlc comes out but if they all have babys first fighting game like playstyles than thats a hard pass. Shame too because I was soo hyped for this game when it came out.
Just get Tekken. It takes longer to get used to, but it's worth it. I still like this game but I have to shut it off after a few matches even if I'm winning. It's not worth the aggravation.

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
Just get Tekken. It takes longer to get used to, but it's worth it. I still like this game but I have to shut it off after a few matches even if I'm winning. It's not worth the aggravation.
The funny thing is I have, and I've been having a great time with it but a part of me doesn't want to drop MK11 for it because well, its fkn MK. I was waiting years for the game and something wants me to stick with it to find that spark that late term MKX brought me you know? But i guess no use forcing myself or i might never go back to it .

Why even ask this? People will probably play until inj3 or the next mk. Some people will probably do things like drop game and pick game back up until balance patch, mechanical changes, or new character. If kof 15 and guilty gear makes changes to the way playing online works; mk11 probably getting dropped.

Why would you stop playing the best game in the series? Cause some Johnny Cage player told you it was bad? Cause some guy with a Scorpion / Batman av told you guest characters are for [ban incoming]? Cause Ed Boon didn't pick re-tweet your Mileena fan art?

This is the best MK game we've ever got and we're gonna get for a while. You know its gonna be like 5 years before MK comes back again, then people will be like, damn I can't believe NRS let MK11 die for this. We all wanted to play that forever!
This is some grade A shilling

ZeroSymbolic

W.A.S.P.
I always think I'm going to play some MK11, then I look at my library of games and it's never the most interesting.
-I'm getting older and tastes are shifting?
-My fav. characters (Sheeva, Sindel) are not in so I don't feel a character attachment?
-Game is a bit shit?

Dropped like 2 months after launch, and now playing again because of new patch. Feel same thing is going to happen, maybe check new characters moves (I already bought kombat pack), unfortunately I don't find any one of them particularly interesting.