What's new

Who here will continue playing MK11 for years to come?

Are you going to keep playing MK11 for years to come?

• Total voters

DrZmmm

Noob
I just wish the characters didn't feel so stale. Every character has their one gameplan for every fight. I want more variety in approach. Hopefully the third variation will fix some of that. But f I'm still uninterested in the roster by the end of the first dlc pack I'll probably find something else.

I love this game, I just hate Pablo. That guy has to be one of the dumbest fucks in gaming that's in a position of making balance changes for a game.

skahwt

Noob
I’ll play until it stops being fun. At this point that feels like a long way away. I only seriously play two characters, Baraka and Skarlet. Baraka was my childhood favorite, and they took him to the next level; made him more than a jobber and fun to play. Skarlet was as interesting to me as white bread in MK9, but they really made her fun to playa character with personality in this game. There are easily 10+ characters interested in that I’ve yet to explore.

xKMMx

Banned
I'll keep playing off and on until something else grabs my interest. I don't have a ton of time to play video games so I usually stick with one thing until I move on to something else.
That said the off and on part will be basically playing as often as possible until I'm bored then putting it down for a while.
I was way into it at the beginning then got frustrated with the new mechanics being kinda cheap.
Then I learned Jacqui and was having a lot of fun > THen I got bored with her so I was looking for a new character but no one else really interested me.
Now I have picked up Nightwolf and he is a lot of fun and feels really fluid to me. As soon as he gets boring I'll probably stop playing until Terminator releases.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
Maybe I will, maybe I won't, who cares. I don't set limits.

I'll play as long as I'm enjoying it, which I currently am, and I see myself enjoying it still for the foreseeable future.

Every fighting game I've ever played I got tired of eventually and dropped..... except MK9.

NaCl man

Welcome to Akihabara
This game hasn't jumped out at me to be honest.
I'd say I've dropped it in the sence that I'm not learning and grinding match ups but I'll still pop it In every now and then for a bit of fun.

If ash was in I could see my self putting a bit more time in but what can you do.

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Despite my wage slavery, I'm playing this game as much as possible as often as possible for the far foreseeable future.

ChoseDeath

Seriously Casual Player.
I am having a wonderful time with the game, and frankly, I don't give a squirt for Injustice 3. I hated 2. So I'll be on this for quite a while. No worries, I play many games at once, so burnout chances are very low.

exflyingbooty

This dream has a sad ending
Honestly, i already dropped this game because witnessing the same string used over and over with a random grab in it does not make a game "balanced". There are literally strings in this game that invalidate characters. Liu kang's f+4 string and erron's b+2 is better then anyone below and most of a-tier, I'd really like to know how that is "balanced".

This game lacks real depth compared to injustice 2/mkx where there was more depth with one or two specific character in these games then mk11 as a whole and the mechanics are also really shoddy compared to the other games.

I'd come back to this game if they added more fun aspects to each character and added a healthy amount of depth to most of them (other then top tiers and d'vorah) and real defensive mechanics in neutral not whatever bullshit flawless block is which puts you in a 50/50 state half the time anyways.

If this third variation for every character that Boon tweeted about includes new moves, and not just a bunch of moves that already exist and repackaged as a "new" variation, then this could go a long way towards giving the gameplay more variety.

I feel this game is close to being the best MK yet, it just feels a little stale/unfinished at the moment I think.

Blade4693

VIVIVI
I really like it. I bet I have sunk more time into MK11 than MKX/I2 combined or at least close to it.

I just need to find a way to be able to react/tech throws online and obviously a lot of character specific stuff but I am invested in this game in a way I never was with the last two NRS games. Just gotta keep grinding! Also super pumped for the dlc.

stokedAF

casual kahnage
I like to think I’m going to be playing for a long time. The rest of the dlc has me hyped so that’s a good thing. I’m finally starting to get bored of playing one character though. It’s time to pick up Shang :)

LionHeart V1

You will feel deaths cold embrace
This is, hands down, the simplest and most dumbed down version of any recent NRS game. Characters are super easy to use and are top tier. No depth or combo creativity. The game is already stale.

There is a term I always like to use when describing games... "labability" Does a game have a lot to lap? MK11 does not. Combos, combo creativity, hard to do combo/links/max damage, vortex and resets... the game truly lacks. The only thing you are lab'ing in this game are flawless blocks and punishes.
Super easy. It’s sad that someone can go into practice for about 30 seconds and learn liu kangs f34 and immediately be competitive.

GLoRToR

Positive Poster!
I'm hoping that all the stupid shit will get fixed and characters who were left in the dirt this patch will get some love in the next. Until then, I just can't take the game seriously. Jade gets shat on so hard that it's not even funny anymore. While I pride myself in being able to take games off of skilled Geras, Erron, Cassie, Sonya or Cetrion players, it's still laughable that this character hasn't been seeing any adjustment to her frame data since beta.

Kanalratte

aka FROSTIE
im still playing it but not that often anymore. many characters are just terribly designed (liu, sonya, cetrion, jax, jacqui, Sub, kabal) it's like there is no balance on those characters. why has sonya one of the best projectiles? why has cetrion a teleport? why has liu's F4 such a hitbox? etc. it's things like that that make the game very cheesy and not enjoyable. BS that breaks the game. i won't drop it completely but next month PES 2020 will be released. :)

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
It’s true that the game is just too simplistic.

I look at Kitana in MK9/X and had to learn my combos, full screen conversions, pressure, unbreakable damage setups, smart ways to spend my meter on armor, how to beat wakeups, etc.

Now, the majority of that has been removed. Also, I personally hate the new wakeup system.

It’s a good game, but there are definitely too many parts missing for me to truly want to invest the majority of my off time into it unlike past MKs.