What's new

Who here will continue playing MK11 for years to come?

Are you going to keep playing MK11 for years to come?

• Total voters
Turns out, MKX still exists, and you can still play it!

They can’t just keep making the same exact game every time. Every iteration plays differently.
Turns out, everybody has preferences, but we all still like MK11! Passive aggressive shilling and strawman arguments like "they can't make the same game every year" aren't helping. There's not enough players on that game anyway even if I wanted to play it.
Nobody wants MKX every year. You guys love using that argument every time somebody points out a flaw with MK11. Maybe take a step back and consider characters like Erron Black, Sonya, and even Sub Zero; these characters are basically MKX characters with 50/50s and crazy mixups.
I think MK9 was the best, but that's just my opinion.

trufenix

bye felicia
If another Injustice game comes out I'll probably drop MK11 in favor of Injustice, since I really love that series. But that's not a knock against MK, I really enjoy MK11 when I do play it. I just enjoy the Injustice games better.

I also might just end up dropping it due to life. I'm going to be a father in February, so the time I have to spend on videogames is going to get pretty low. If I do have time to play it'll probably be more on something like Injustice 2, Borderlands 3, or Apex.
Congratulations and Good luck!

Agreed.

I do enjoy MK11 more than MKX though.
I like most of the changes in MK11. I just think MKX was fun to watch most of the time, because of the constant action. That's all. Pokes weren't a huge issue, because it was so combo heavy. See? There's not even a disagreement. The foundation for MK11 is great, but the execution? Way too forgiving. I know it's never going to happen, but imagine competitive/ranked matches without fatal or even crushing blows. Several characters would be brought down to everybody's level. Geras can't beat you in 3 moves, Liu Kang's final attack in his F4 string (U3) wouldn't be as dangerous, and Sub Zero players would stop saving their overhead and slide crushing blows until the last round to screw you over. There would definitely be less D2 mashing, but they could increase its vertical range to combat jumpers like Bird Lao and Kabl.
Then it would be competitive and less luck based.
Just for ranked though. Keep everything else for.casual and single player.

CriticalDrop

Beers, grabs & dropped combos
I think I'll stick with the game for a long time. It is my favourite NRS game so far. Unlike many people here, I don't enjoy labbing 200 hit combos, thumb hurting cancels and endless setups in order to build a relentless rushdown strategy from mixups (It is fine and perfectly respectable to like this, but not my thing). For me, Injustice 2 was a great improvement over MKX, and MK11 is similar but more fun and balanced, mainly thanks to the toned down zoning. However, I agree that, perhaps, NRS has gone a little too far with the lack of meterless launchers and combo paths, but I think there is enough variety among the characters to find something that fits your playstile (except if you wanna play MKX, and no, Sonya is not a MKX character no matter how many time it is repeated). To be honest, the only thing I'd change/remove from the game is Fatal Blows mechanic.

I wouldn't say that I hate the game, but like with most NRS games, after I've beat the story and I feel like I've played through and collected all that I want, I get bored and move along to something else. I think what NRS fighting games need is more content, like more story chapters, even if it's just one chapter every two months or something to keep me engaged with their 'world'.

It's probably unattainable for a fighting game to do what I want, but that's where I start drifting away after I've seen all the drama of the story. Kind of why I liked the Injustice Comics and the MKX Comics, they kept me thinking about the game and the lore.

MK is the only fighter I play semi-seriously, so for better or worse I am in for the Long haul. But I'm having a blast and I can see a lot of ways that NRS can keep it fresh for quite some time.

John Grizzly

The axe that clears the forest
I will not continue playing it unless changes are made. I find it incredibly boring to play and watch in its current state, as I've said many times.

I appreciate the fact that many people enjoy the game, and that's cool. I don't expect the changes I'd like to see ever happen, and that's ok.

Visually, it's without equal. I really can't believe what NRS has done with the current gen of systems. Sound effects are also top notch. Music (once again) is completely forgettable, though. I literally don't even realize it's there most of the time. I wish they'd go all in with it like KI does with the Mick Gordon stuff.

Gameplay-wise, I just don't enjoy it. I need characters that feel more complete, not a bunch of characters who feel half complete on purpose. I need A LOT more combo options. Everything is so frustratingly limited when it comes to combos. It doesn't even feel like MK to me in that aspect.

Last edited:

xenogorgeous

.... they mostly come at night. Mostly.
I will not continue playing it unless changes are made. I find it incredibly boring to play and watch in its current state, as I've said many times.

I appreciate the fact that many people enjoy the game, and that's cool. I don't expect the changes I'd like to see ever happen, and that's ok.

Visually, it's without equal. I really can't believe what NRS has done with the current gen of systems. Sound effects are also top notch. Music (once again) is completely forgettable, though. I literally don't even realize it's there most of the time. I wish they'd go all in with it like KI does with the Mick Gordon stuff.

Gameplay-wise, I just don't enjoy it. I need characters that feel more complete, not a bunch of characters who feel half complete on purpose. I need A LOT more combo options. Everything is so frustratingly limited when it comes to combos. It doesn't even feel like MK to me in that aspect.
yep, you got a point here ..... while in other previous MK games, you had more option to start and launcher combos, having more strings that end combining with normal and special moves, giving more optins for "combo" diversification and , in consequence, benefiting "creativity" for the players, in MK11, you are more or less restricted to 2-3 strings maximum as combos starters and launchers, at least, those that can make the maximum damage per character .... so, there is a tendency to see over and over again, the same type of combos, and this get boring easily and quickly, I admit that , hehe :D

Blazeglory88

50/50 Savant - Lore>Gore
I am so blown away by the people who dislike this game because there's no resets, mixups, crazy combos leading to 2 touch rounds, etc....Isn't that the reason the majority of people complained about for MKX, leading to sweeping patches that completely changed MKX late life cycle, effectively killing it?

The level of bullshit in MKX early on was insanity, and now we have a game that basically cut out the majority of bullshit and that means no depth which means no fun? That's crazy to me. I'd rather play a game of footsies and punishment over a game that's just guessing all the time. It's bad enough as it is with the throw/strike game in MK11.

I guess the truth to all this is that NRS changes their games so drastically from release to release that we will never come together as a community to love the game. There's always something to bitch about.

That being said, I'd play this game for years. It's fairly well rounded, not a ton of bullshit and I don't have to blame guessing for my losses.
I honestly think thats the REAL problem here. Most fighting games change and tweak things each new installment, but these last 3 games have just changed too drastically and its jarring every single time.

I mean look if every game that followed MK9 (what a lot of ppl think is the best MK) had just improved upon that formula then i guarantee we would be in a better place right now, than the schism the community get into with each new game. But as it stands just rebuilding from scratch every game does nothing but cause skepticism if you liked the mechanics of an old game going forward and disappointment when it's revealed that no part of what you liked about the old game exists in the new installment.

Its jarring ans frustrating for old players and causes new players with no knowledge of prior games to see it as complaining and whining about not being able to get used to the new game. When in fact, no other fighting game franchise i know of has changed up anything as much as these past 3 MK games has.
Sorry for the long post.

trufenix

bye felicia
I honestly think thats the REAL problem here. Most fighting games change and tweak things each new installment, but these last 3 games have just changed too drastically and its jarring every single time.
NRS has always done this. THe only two games that play alike are MKDA and De.