What's new

Who here will continue playing MK11 for years to come?

Are you going to keep playing MK11 for years to come?

• Total voters

trufenix

bye felicia
Why would you stop playing the best game in the series? Cause some Johnny Cage player told you it was bad? Cause some guy with a Scorpion / Batman av told you guest characters are for [ban incoming]? Cause Ed Boon didn't pick re-tweet your Mileena fan art?

This is the best MK game we've ever got and we're gonna get for a while. You know its gonna be like 5 years before MK comes back again, then people will be like, damn I can't believe NRS let MK11 die for this. We all wanted to play that forever!

DoctorSexual

XBL: DoctorSexual PSN: Osh-Tek
I've more or less dropped it. I know saying that here is going against the grain and will probably get a ton of hate but I'm just being real with myself.

For me, every character is just too flowchart.

Reo said it best in a recent podcast. At the rate NRS games are going MK12 will have combos that just auto complete for you optimally after the first hit.

There's just no execution and no room for individuality in your fighting style right now.

Maybe if customs are eventually allowed in competitive but right now its just too dry.

FoughtDragon01

Ask me about my Mileena agenda.
Lurking in the forums for so long has had the unintended side effect of affecting my own views of the game. Then I pop it in for a few hours, have good sets with solid randoms, and then I remember why I love the game so much, despite some of its faults.

So, yeah. I think I'm in this for the long haul.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
Well, the poll result is overwhelming :)

Just gonna add myself to the list though. I feel like every match that I play pushes me to be more patient, and make better decisions. Rather than yolo 50/50 omgPlusframesForMeter runbutton combointo ambiguoustuff.

And for the record.. When I get an opponent who I know is going to hit that d1 button right after d1 on block -- because they can't help themselves but mash -- I just start grinning and rubbing my hands with glee. And then first time they get hit with d1~special or walkback into full combo, or get thrown after trying to mash something out on block, I just happily imagine the surprise on their face, and drop the Johnny Cage shades.

Anyway, I feel like MK11 has made me a lot better at the small things. I enjoy having consistent jab AA into combo more like MK9, or low profiling people's jump kicks into d1-combos, etc. Playing mind games in the neutral is really fun. I also really like the corner game and making reads on how they're going to wake up, now that they actually have to think before they mash that armored u3. Maybe I'll also improve at teching throws in this game, since it's so critically important.

I still rage at Fatal Blows coming back for free, but hopefully they'll fix it eventually. Anyway, yeah. Just having a ton a fun, and I'll keep playing for a while until there's something better.

Last edited:

VSC_Supreme

TYM's #1 L taker.
I already dropped it for the last two months due to responsibility and just picked it back up after the patch.

If they continue with the kontent, I'll continue to invest some time into the game, especially if they release awesome characters and good patches. I didn't really enjoy MKX until KP2 dropped.

Snoop88

Noob
It all depends how the game will evolve. But looking at the current state of the game... I probably won't be playing it much if there won't be any major change to the gameplay.

The game was supposed to be ground breaking, honest, rewarding for skill etc. For sure it is a new quality in MK series but there are still some BSs which kills my enjoyment of the game. Maybe I'm just too old for that and don't want to waste most of my time on a game. Maybe that how the things works.

Waiting for Spawn to be released in March is not helping.

I really hope that in september 2020 the game will be in a good shape, with major changes, fixed BSs and we will be able to say that MK11 is the best MK game in the series without a doubt.

This is, hands down, the simplest and most dumbed down version of any recent NRS game. Characters are super easy to use and are top tier. No depth or combo creativity. The game is already stale.

There is a term I always like to use when describing games... "labability" Does a game have a lot to lap? MK11 does not. Combos, combo creativity, hard to do combo/links/max damage, vortex and resets... the game truly lacks. The only thing you are lab'ing in this game are flawless blocks and punishes.

Vhozite

Waiting on SF6
Well my semester started this week so i won't really be able to play much for a long time anyway.

That said, the game has gotten dry for me at times. The stagger based offense is boring and repetitive, which is my biggest complaint.This is basically my first MK so i wasn't really around to hate X like most of the people here. But from an offense perspective my options always feel too limited.

Also Fatal Blows gotta change. Shit is beyond dumb.