What's new

Question Which character should Zod players use against Martian Manhunter?

Which character should Zod players use against Martian Manhunter?

• Total voters

Pnut

Mouth of the Illuminati
lex and flash are your best bets, but he can zone out lex and compete with flash by keeping him away in the footsie game. doomsday is easier to play but if your playing my martian i will slaughter your doomsday. Most of those are 6-4's including doomsday and deathstroke imo. people don't realize that martian can even wakeup in the corner vs doomsday in any situation.
@Noobe @Tm_whiteboi @Kitana Prime

This guy

also there's no way tis is 8-2 dave is trolling. freddy couldn't get in or zone vs smoke and smoke did more damage. Zod can atleast play d run away and fish for trait and go for mixups in that.

E

Eldriken

lex and flash are your best bets, but he can zone out lex and compete with flash by keeping him away in the footsie game. doomsday is easier to play but if your playing my martian i will slaughter your doomsday. Most of those are 6-4's including doomsday and deathstroke imo. people don't realize that martian can even wakeup in the corner vs doomsday in any situation.
What's he gonna wake up with in the corner against Doomsday? You can reverse his scoop and whatever his other move is called. The energy blast thing.

I don't know if doing a teleport as a wake up is safe or not. I don't ever really see Martian players waking up with that when cornered. They either try to scoop, use their psionic blast (I think that's what it's called) or simply block.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
doomsday is easier to play but if your playing my martian i will slaughter your doomsday.
I will play your Martian with Doomsday and I will play your Doomsday with whatever character you want me to play. Please tell me after I body you how easy he is to play.

Edit: I read your shit though and it does seem like you know the match up. So maybe you actually have some idea of what you're talking about.

doomsday needs first hit, martian gets 1st hit, i find doomsday is very dependent on getting off to a good strat

doomsday is only good in the corner, martian can counter this in a variety of ways. with the life lead he can turtle himself with close orbs, on knockdown

when doomsday gets trait there of plenty of ways to rack up damage and stall him, including mb orbs in front and pillar, trait there naked down 1s into back dash,

Doomsday needs trait or meter or he can't get in, i'll sit outside of shoulder range and punish on reaction with mb b3, and mix up my dashes and jumps so its hard for you to react and i can smack you with trait and start orb pressure before you have time to mb shoulder. then there is the interactable game.

midscreen martian gets way more damage in the guessing situations and d1 earthshake is very blockable.

he has to risk doing different kind of mixups all which if martian guesses right he gets big damage and setups off of. risk reward is in martians favor

its a slight advantage martian in my opinion

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
What's he gonna wake up with in the corner against Doomsday? You can reverse his scoop and whatever his other move is called. The energy blast thing.

I don't know if doing a teleport as a wake up is safe or not. I don't ever really see Martian players waking up with that when cornered. They either try to scoop, use their psionic blast (I think that's what it's called) or simply block.
Martian can wakeup with MB close orb and it will autocorrect.

E

Eldriken

Martian can wakeup with MB close orb and it will autocorrect.
Ah, right. I forgot that you did that to me before. I'd imagine that wake up is entirely dependent on whether or not the player wants to expend the bar on it, especially when they have to guess if Doomsday is going to reverse their wake up or not.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Ah, right. I forgot that you did that to me before. I'd imagine that wake up is entirely dependent on whether or not the player wants to expend the bar on it, especially when they have to guess if Doomsday is going to reverse their wake up or not.
You can dash forward d1 and if he does the MB orb your d1 won't come out and if he does anything else your d1 will stuff it.

E

Eldriken

You can dash forward d1 and if he does the MB orb your d1 won't come out and if he does anything else your d1 will stuff it.
So, in other words, MB Orb is his only option if he wants to safely wake up against Doomsday in the corner.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Pretty sure Theo hates Raven the most. I don't really understand how it's exactly hard for Aqua. He can't do air dash mix ups, you get a free trident rush check on every teleport. Maybe there's something I'm missing
Theo has Aquaman losing to Martian Manhunter in the updated [url=http://testyourmight.com/threads/aquaman-mu-chart-updated-4-27-2014.40427]match up chart. Tom believes so too.[/URL]
http://testyourmight.com/threads/aquaman-mu-chart-updated-4-27-2014.40427'match up chart[/url
Raven is supposedly even now. http://testyourmight.com/threads/aquaman-mu-chart-updated-4-27-2014.40427'match up chart[/url

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
you could play WoWo against a MMH but that would require experience and skill with footsies and making good reads you know fundamentals...

i dont know if you are up for that sort of thing though because zodd is for players that dont like to resort to fundamentals

mmh really doesnt shut down anything she does
Just no.....He in fact DOES shut down practically everything that she does which is pretty much staying on top of you. She cannot zone, so she is eating chip left and right trying to make her way in. In regards to footsies, he outranges her and is faster than her by far unless she is in his face. IADM serves pretty much no purpose in this MU unless on a read because he can punish it on block. If you do manage to get the instant air out, she still is forced to now respect his follow up. On knockdown, she has to continually guess right because one wrong read or blocked move pretty much gives him all the momentum he now needs to make her chase him again. Not to mention his damage is just as high as hers, if not higher and leads to oki traps that she really can't do anything about

Fadc in trait

If it's 7-3 it's closer to 6-4 than 8-2

That's actually a fantstic idea and i could see it chaning the matchup, keep in mind mb zod balls can stuff this on read and cause you to waste trait and meter but it will get you in and i can't shoot them forever. Getting in makes the matchup reverse

@SonicBoomBrad

In the corner once you start your pressure, If you don't dash up down 1 i can poke out, i risk getting belly flopped or armored but belly flop can be dashed up, down 1 earthshake is his easiest mixups to react too (if i can block it consistenly online, i am sure once i adjust too offline it will be easier, the doomsdays i play can vouch for this), if you don't dash up i can push you if you are in range. Doomsdays corner game is still good vs anybody but martian does a decent job with it. Once i get an orb out in the corner it changes, and keep in mind martian does a good job dealing with post earthshake pressure. ALso I think you would be pleasantly surprised how well i do with martian vs doomsday, and i'd be willing to play your martian with my doomsday and i think i would do decently. You have to be in denial to think that lex luthor isn't harder to play with than doomsday. Doomsday is about making good reads but he is fairly simple, you get in with shoulder, you have some mixups, you keep pressue going. I think most competent players could pick him up and do fairly decently. He's a brute force character...

E

Eldriken

Let's talk about Batman buffs
Increase the damage on your drones by 100%, 3 second recovery for each drone, each drone is +100 on block, b23 is +50 on whiff/block, parry can be MB (think of Killer Frost's), and uh...I dunno.

He needs it, right? :joker:

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Just no.....He in fact DOES shut down practically everything that she does which is pretty much staying on top of you. She cannot zone, so she is eating chip left and right trying to make her way in. In regards to footsies, he outranges her and is faster than her by far unless she is in his face. IADM serves pretty much no purpose in this MU unless on a read because he can punish it on block. If you do manage to get the instant air out, she still is forced to now respect his follow up. On knockdown, she has to continually guess right because one wrong read or blocked move pretty much gives him all the momentum he now needs to make her chase him again. Not to mention his damage is just as high as hers, if not higher and leads to oki traps that she really can't do anything about
Nah. I play @Filipino Man and it feels even or slightly in MMH's favor.

He can probably explain it better though.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Nah. I play @Filipino Man and it feels even or slightly in MMH's favor.
It was in regards to him saying MMH can't shut down WW. She can win the MU WHEN making the right reads, but she's continually gambling because NRS are such major fails in giving him everything. Any other zoning MU she can ebb her way in, but against him, she's risking getting hit by pillar, OHT, MBorb, and if in range, 3 and just about any other normal which forces either moving painfully slow, or burning a crap ton of meter to get in and still make a guess