What's new

Question Which character should Zod players use against Martian Manhunter?

Which character should Zod players use against Martian Manhunter?

• Total voters
This is a MU based comment
As Deathstroke, Batman, Doomsday, Scorpion, Superman, Batgirl, Bane, Black Adam, Lantern, Lex Luthor, Shazam, Sinestro, Grundy, Wonderwoman, Flash, Nightwing, Aquaman, Catwoman, Lobo, Hawkgirl.

I like when he does Overhead teleport.

Maybe cause I'm more comfortable not fighting from full screen away lol.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
As Deathstroke, Batman, Doomsday, Scorpion, Superman, Batgirl, Bane, Black Adam, Lantern, Lex Luthor, Shazam, Sinestro, Grundy, Wonderwoman, Flash, Nightwing, Aquaman, Catwoman, Lobo, Hawkgirl.

I like when he does Overhead teleport.

Maybe cause I'm more comfortable not fighting from full screen away lol.
Interesting

Well DS I'd argue is better fighting MMH far away as is lobo but all the others makes sense to be close

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Zod has as many problems with Martian Manhunter's trait as he does against the overhead teleport.

Rush down characters usually struggle with the trait because 3 and 2,2 prevent you from getting in.
I kindly disagree

Blocked palm is when the meta begins and ZOD has solid options that many don't

So you consider yourself better than REO and Jupiter? Jupiter shows exceptional skill (not just the character) his reactions and blocking are phenomenal. And I do not need to speak on REO's behalf. How about you just get over it. I play a character that has multiple 3-7 matchups but you do not see me on here bitching all the time and asking who I should play to cover those bad matches. Top tier players are astounding.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Playing across the ocean once a month does not qualify as practicing the match up.

I think Zod beats Joker 7:3 but not 8:2.
We used to play more often before, at least 5 other times in sets of 20+ games IIRC. I know the elements of a bad matchup when it comes to Joker, I've seen and gotten past them in many matchups except 2-3 in particular, Zod being in them.

I've analysed the matchup inside out and tried to come up with hella anti Zod tech, it's just not there. J3 and a dream that you may knock down Zod and then maybe try to stuff his wakeups even though Joker's normals are completely shit for stuffing things and the hitboxes are so bad you can backdash.

It's 7-3 only if you backdash twice/thrice in a row to get fullscreen, then you corner yourself for me, eat 8% from a gunshot and I still can't get anywhere near you without doing something stupid.

And since we do play about once a month lately, what Joker do you play on my level to judge the matchup yourself?

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
Joker vs Zod is

9-1 in stages like metropolis rooftop/asylum
8-2 in a neutral stage
7-3 in a background bounce stage

lex and flash are your best bets, but he can zone out lex and compete with flash by keeping him away in the footsie game. doomsday is easier to play but if your playing my martian i will slaughter your doomsday. Most of those are 6-4's including doomsday and deathstroke imo. people don't realize that martian can even wakeup in the corner vs doomsday in any situation.

SonicBoomBrad

Best Doomsday in the world
Both Theo and Tom claim the match up is Aquaman's hardest.
Pretty sure Theo hates Raven the most. I don't really understand how it's exactly hard for Aqua. He can't do air dash mix ups, you get a free trident rush check on every teleport. Maybe there's something I'm missing

I am not trolling. I am just trying to help. Think about it, David. If you learn to play footsies against MMH it'd make your footsies game even stronger in the other MU.

But your first step on the road to success is giving Jupiter his due props.
teaching zod to playing footsies with mmh in injustice is like teaching me how to play linebacker in the nfl....

I am not trolling. I am just trying to help. Think about it, David. If you learn to play footsies against MMH it'd make your footsies game even stronger in the other MU.

But your first step on the road to success is giving Jupiter his due props.
teaching zod to playing footsies with mmh in injustice is like teaching me how to play linebacker in the nfl....