What's new

Question Which character should Zod players use against Martian Manhunter?

Which character should Zod players use against Martian Manhunter?

• Total voters

roosTakk

Chode Juggler
ZOD vs MMH is in martians favor? Shit guess I need to work on the MU....I get fucked up by good zods

E

Eldriken

If zod trait cooldown was 8 seconds I might actually quit the game
I would likely be following close behind. Him getting his trait out twice in almost the time my cooldown finishes once? Yeah, to hell with that.

It's bad enough I can only "counter" his trait once per 15 seconds.

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
It was in regards to him saying MMH can't shut down WW. She can win the MU WHEN making the right reads, but she's continually gambling because NRS are such major fails in giving him everything. Any other zoning MU she can ebb her way in, but against him, she's risking getting hit by pillar, OHT, MBorb, and if in range, 3 and just about any other normal which forces either moving painfully slow, or burning a crap ton of meter to get in and still make a guess
Well, Filipino man does IADG instant enough that even MB Pillar can't track. Or just be patient and dash in.
Compared to some other characters, I think she gets in pretty well

JustNOW

It's my turn!
Barring RelaxedState, who actually uses Cyborg? He is the only one whose execution and masochism is strong enough to pull the occasional win.
I mean its like saying "Hey, Kenshi 9-1's Kano" Yeah, thats nice, but who actually uses Kano? Like really?.
kenshi sux against my great Kano

E

Eldriken

i take back what i said to you in your thread :DOGE
Blame HoneyBee. He made me hate your god damn character more than I did before. If you're better than he is, I don't think there is a description for the amount of hatred I would feel towards him. It's almost up there with Killer Frost.

Zyphox

What is going on guys, Ya Boi Zyphox here.
Blame HoneyBee. He made me hate your god damn character more than I did before. If you're better than he is, I don't think there is a description for the amount of hatred I would feel towards him. It's almost up there with Killer Frost.
i did beat whiteboi at FR XD

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
Well, Filipino man does IADG instant enough that even MB Pillar can't track. Or just be patient and dash in.
Then you're not using him right tbh. You don't punish IADG as it's going. It's punished on block. Like I mentioned before, unless it is an actual IA, he can punish full combo punish her on block and throw her back to square one.

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
If she's patient, she will lose half a life bar strictly through chip. That in itself doesn't even require good reads, it's just forcing her to respect not being hasty and then it's orbs and pillars that leave her in a block stun state so it can be repeated

Shaazzyam

undefeated online evo champion
Then you're not using him right tbh. You don't punish IADG as it's going. It's punished on block. Like I mentioned before, unless it is an actual IA, he can punish full combo punish her on block and throw her back to square one.
I'm not trying to react to DG. I do it more on a read. And just because you can't IA doesn't mean it isn't possible.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
That's actually a fantstic idea and i could see it chaning the matchup, keep in mind mb zod balls can stuff this on read and cause you to waste trait and meter but it will get you in and i can't shoot them forever. Getting in makes the matchup reverse

@SonicBoomBrad

In the corner once you start your pressure, If you don't dash up down 1 i can poke out, i risk getting belly flopped or armored but belly flop can be dashed up, down 1 earthshake is his easiest mixups to react too (if i can block it consistenly online, i am sure once i adjust too offline it will be easier, the doomsdays i play can vouch for this), if you don't dash up i can push you if you are in range. Doomsdays corner game is still good vs anybody but martian does a decent job with it. Once i get an orb out in the corner it changes, and keep in mind martian does a good job dealing with post earthshake pressure. ALso I think you would be pleasantly surprised how well i do with martian vs doomsday, and i'd be willing to play your martian with my doomsday and i think i would do decently. You have to be in denial to think that lex luthor isn't harder to play with than doomsday. Doomsday is about making good reads but he is fairly simple, you get in with shoulder, you have some mixups, you keep pressue going. I think most competent players could pick him up and do fairly decently. He's a brute force character...
Can u go to ufgt?

Akromaniac27

Ready to lose your head?
I'm not trying to react to DG. I do it more on a read. And just because you can't IA doesn't mean it isn't possible.
Never said it was. But if its anything but instant-air, even by a frame, she's eating a full combo. And even if she's safe, she has to guess what to do next. She is -6 to -7 if done perfectly so gaming 101 clearly puts that her hands are well tied afterwards.

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
smh............zod players don't want the struggle
I don't hear 16 bit and max asking for ways to avoid the so called death MUs.
your best bet is doomsday, one of the few character that forces mhh to play the game.
Catwoman seems like a pretty good choice as well, I can't wait to see 16 bit wreck martians in tourney
if you want injustice patches play the mobile game lol
we pretty much wasted a patch on the scorpion nerfs, those scorpion nerfs could had been given to mhh.
people complained at the wrong time and now we have this.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
smh............zod players don't want the struggle
I don't hear 16 bit and max asking for ways to avoid the so called death MUs.
your best bet is doomsday, one of the few character that forces mhh to play the game.
Catwoman seems like a pretty good choice as well, I can't wait to see 16 bit wreck martians in tourney
if you want injustice patches play the mobile game lol
we pretty much wasted a patch on the scorpion nerfs, those scorpion nerfs could had been given to mhh.
people complained at the wrong time and now we have this.
Leave me out of this