What's new

What's YOUR "true skill" rank, and do you take it seriously?

On PSN I have 2154 points. I don't think that it is a accurate representation of my skill though. Most people online STILL can't deal with DS zoning and they still think he is a broken char

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Yeah I fucked up with the numbers hahahah I edited it though.

Anyway, inputting a string isn't the issue here. The issue here is reacting to really fast shit. Injustice isn't as complex as MK was in that regard so you can tell the issues much less, but you still see people getting away with stuff being at -20. Here at my scene right, we have a really great Deathstroke. I can db2 his shots like 90% of the time for a nice punish. Online? Nop, maybe once every full moon.
With a connection where the lag is anywhere from 20ms to 50ms, which is the normal range i'd say, that is .02 to .05 of a second, soooooo really that technically can lead to a frame or so off online difference so you are right its POSSIBLE... BUT when you are reacting to moves or especially when you are blocking [when you have all the time to react because you are waiting for the hits to finish] that is such a small number and in a game like Injustice where it's less complex it really should almost never be an issue that should change anything.

And to be honest, that should just make you better when you play offline then, as you have a larger window than you are used to and you should be just that much quicker and reflexes honed to a whole nutha level.

The only lag that kills me is random lag, not a steady 20ms delay, but random lag mid combo or right at the start of a punish.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
On PSN I have 2154 points. I don't think that it is a accurate representation of my skill though. Most people online STILL can't deal with DS zoning and they still think he is a broken char
How can people still get stymied by Deathstrokes guns? Are they taking stupid pills?

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
With a connection where the lag is anywhere from 20ms to 50ms, which is the normal range i'd say, that is .02 to .05 of a second, soooooo really that technically can lead to a frame or so off online difference so you are right its POSSIBLE... BUT when you are reacting to moves or especially when you are blocking [when you have all the time to react because you are waiting for the hits to finish] that is such a small number and in a game like Injustice where it's less complex it really should almost never be an issue that should change anything.

The only lag that kills me is random lag, not a steady 20ms delay, but random lag mid combo or right at the start of a punish.
Play against PSN #1 in the leaderboards and then come back at me. He plays Deathstroke, I've talked to him. He's from Chile, he has a 1 MB internet connection. And he's #1, he was also #1 in MK. And if you judge him by any standards, he's probably one of the worst players you've ever seen. #1 bby.

ferncaz95

Vicariously living through Dick
I wish the game actually matched us up based on true skill or some hidden ranking system. I hardly find people at my level. I either get destroyed or it's an easy fight.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Play against PSN #1 in the leaderboards and then come back at me. He plays Deathstroke, I've talked to him. He's from Chile, he has a 1 MB internet connection. And he's #1, he was also #1 in MK. And if you judge him by any standards, he's probably one of the worst players you've ever seen. #1 bby.
An obvious example that is extraordinarily... out of the ordinary.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
what is trueskill determined by? and how do u check it?
On xbox you can check your own trueskill by going to the leaderboard and it will say alongside your name on the far right of the screen.

I think its determined by who you are beating, and who you are losing to. You can lose all you want to a guy whos trueskill is like 35, and if your trueskill is like 24 then you wont go down it seems. BUT flip that, if you are 35 and you are losing more than a few to a 24 then it would drop faster than the other way around. Which makes sense.

I wonder if there is part of it taking into account how much % of life you have left when you lose... or win. Thatd be interesting.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I've played against most of the "top 100". Only 3 people there are legit. And in player matches like 5 at the most.
You just seem to be playing an entirely different crowd of online players, you seem to have the worst experiences ever, all the time lol :)

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You just seem to be playing an entirely different crowd of online players, you seem to have the worst experiences ever, all the time lol :)
I mostly play mah franz from here. But when I go to ranked they're all ass. And in player matches I only challenge winning records. So I'm either extremely good, my characters are extremely broken or everyone is just low tier. Take your pick.

Pan1cMode

AUS FGC represent!
With PSN I have 2544 points, but I don't know really what that means. I mean the no. 1 ranked on the EU boards has 2574 and he's absolutely terrible. Quits every match that he might lose, does some weird thing with stage select so he always gets deathstroke on ferris, always wakes up with sword flip... just an all around terrible player who abuses lag and disconnects to pad his wins and points.

Qwark28

Joker waiting room
With PSN I have 2544 points, but I don't know really what that means. I mean the no. 1 ranked on the EU boards has 2574 and he's absolutely terrible. Quits every match that he might lose, does some weird thing with stage select so he always gets deathstroke on ferris, always wakes up with sword flip... just an all around terrible player who abuses lag and disconnects to pad his wins and points.
most of the leaderboards on psn eu are shit, very few ppl are worth it, mostly the russians and anyone whose name starts with bop

PND_Ketchup

"More deadly than the dawn"
Never take anything online seriously.

Any kind of button delay/random pausing for a split second will stop someone from playing their best. And therefore, cannot ever be taken seriously.

I play online for fun, nothing more, if you expect me to take an online set/game in tournament mode, you'll be mistaken.

Juggs

Lose without excuses
Lead Moderator
Premium Supporter
I play online to improve, not win. And I'm also really really bad in lag and delay. I just try and learn MU's and try new things and work on certain aspects of my game. You're definitely limited online though, and I will never take it seriously. Just a place for me to practice really.

EMPEROR PRYCE

WAR SEASON "THE WEAK EXPOSED!"
Player matches I have anywhere from 32 to 35 true skill, although I think I'm 30 now because I'm experiementing w new characters. Ranked is a around the same. Koth is 33 although I don't play that much, normally full of newcomers.

On the topic of online play, i gain a lot of my fundamentals from online play because I live in a place where there is no FGC for 100 miles around me in any direction. Which means I can't make it to tournaments. I don't believe I'm the best, or even great. what I can say is tho, is I'm GOOD at the game. I'll never claim to be the greatest, I just don't like how tournament scrubs (being those who just simply go to tournaments and get blown up and never make it even to top 36 or w/e) claim they are sooo much better than anyone who plays online SIMPLY because they've attended a tournament or two. I've won against people who go to weekly tournaments and they send me rage msgs like "I go to tournaments, if u come and play online ud get blown up". Sadly I'm not capable of doing so, therefore those guys will have to hold that L.

Some people due to where they live or their financial issue just can't make it to tourneys, they shouldn't be bashed for it. that is all.

t_rall

Noob
#1 on the leader board doesn't mean anything. The leader boards are ranked by win count only. They don't take into consideration losses, ratio, or match-point score. I'm sure the guy is good, but judging anyone's level of competitiveness by their rank isn't meaningful. It's more a measure of time spent playing than anything else. I frequently play/beat people in the top 100, but I can't break the top 500 because, though I have a 75% win ratio, my game count is too low.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
#1 on the leader board doesn't mean anything. The leader boards are ranked by win count only. They don't take into consideration losses, ratio, or match-point score. I'm sure the guy is good, but judging anyone's level of competitiveness by their rank isn't meaningful. It's more a measure of time spent playing than anything else. I frequently play/beat people in the top 100, but I can't break the top 500 because, though I have a 75% win ratio, my game count is too low.
You should read my other posts.

t_rall

Noob
You should read my other posts.
I'm roundabout agreeing with'ya. The leader boards are worthless. I wish they were sorted by a more meaningful statistic than pure wins. Plus, like any meaningful leader board, values should decay over time if a player doesn't get new games in.

Mines 29 while Maining Mr. Bane. So I get a lot of Batman, Superman, Batgirl headaches.. every day of life. And I can't take it seriously because I run into TS 32-34 Superman all the time who just "Eye beam into eye beam into f23 breath" WITHOUT KNOWING when its the best time for the adjustments. So they get blown up. Then I don't take a superman seriously and when I don't it turns out its a rather decent Supes. So its online what can ya do? Also do disconnects (from lag or opponent quitting) mess up TS?