What's new

What's YOUR "true skill" rank, and do you take it seriously?

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
idk u should of got it like i did, im smart enough to record rage messages to expose someone.
Why do You always harass me? Is this what the C88 clan is about? Being dicks to everybody that doesnt have the letter C and the number 88 in your name? Because thats what i have come to realize.

MkFinest

Monster
Why do You always harass me? Is this what the C88 clan is about? Being dicks to everybody that doesnt have the letter C and the number 88 in your name? Because thats what i have come to realize.
post in the chat You're unbanned. The first timeout was all a joke. The second one wasn't me don't point fingers please

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing
OP: No, people who play online play a different game, where everything is safe and shit that shouldn't work does. 99.9% of those people don't really know how to play the game, and when they play offline against someone who actually knows what they're doing they get blown up to the moon. Never trust online as a measurement of skill.

You know, back when I was an online warrior alot of people told me the above what you stated. You have no idea how many times I heard "Forever King, if you ever went an offline tournament you would do terrible. Your only this good because it's online." Well I went to offline tournaments....... alot of them. And I played against people who knew what they were doing, and I didn't get blown to the moon haha.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Not true at all. I use Batman and rush people down the whole match. I have a 37 True Skill
i was exaggerating but id say half my matches now online are them playing keepaway. Batman players usually are the ones who fight especially the good ones. people who pick Batgirl, Superman, Adam, Deathstroke, Raven are usually the guys who back away the whole fight in my experiences and they usually are high level

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
i was exaggerating but id say half my matches now online are them playing keepaway. Batman players usually are the ones who fight especially the good ones. people who pick Batgirl, Superman, Adam, Deathstroke, Raven are usually the guys who back away the whole fight in my experiences and they usually are high level
I've literally seen maybe 5 keepaway matches total, and I play as WW, someone you SHOULD play keepaway with as she has no zoning abilities.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
I've literally seen maybe 5 keepaway matches total, and I play as WW, someone you SHOULD play keepaway with as she has no zoning abilities.
i get 5+ keepaway matches a day but i play as GL, WW has no zoning but can get in really easily so trying to zone her is almost useless

Eh SnOwY

PC FGC
i dont take ranks very seriously but i have around 28-30 ts on igau even tho im bad. On mk usually 37-39. I think tetraspirit has 45 ts and he plays baraka :d

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
i dont take ranks very seriously but i have around 28-30 ts on igau even tho im bad. On mk usually 37-39. I think tetraspirit has 45 ts and he plays baraka :d
Their numbering system and criteria is obviously different for Injustice compared to MK

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
You know, back when I was an online warrior alot of people told me the above what you stated. You have no idea how many times I heard "Forever King, if you ever went an offline tournament you would do terrible. Your only this good because it's online." Well I went to offline tournaments....... alot of them. And I played against people who knew what they were doing, and I didn't get blown to the moon haha.
Yeah I don't think you guys are understanding what I'm saying.

When you were online only, did you think you were "da shit"? Did you do stuff you thought you could do, only to get that very thing blown offline? I can count with my finger the amount of people who got strong fundamentals and a real understanding of the game, just from online. And no, none of them said they were "da shit". However, I don't think my computer has enough memory to load the number of online warriors who think they're "da shit", because they do online bullshit.

As the late Tom Brady once said "there's no knowledge online".

The amount of TylerLanterns, Forever Kings, Curbos, Emperor_Darks, Cossners, Insuperables and Madzins is disproportionate to the amount of MuffinMuggers (says he's the #1 Reptile, goes with a hidey to a tournament and gets destroyed, is the community's laughing stock), xJackmans (tweets that he's the best mk player in the world because leaderboards, even though he's a low tier teleport grab raiden), Legend Fighters (#1 on the leaderboards, only plays against scrubs, zoning with DS in a corner, really really bad sindel), HoodFreshes (says he's the #1 mk player in the world, doesn't sign up to tournaments to save face, gets bodied in casuals), Zoidbergs (schools top players on how to play the game, goes 0-2 in tournaments and gets 30 - 0 in casuals), Wonton in ur whatevers (makes youtube videos saying he's mk and injustice champion, is a below average ares that has never gone to a tournament) and other online warriors.

#YouAreTheExceptionToTheRule
#MittRomney2013

ForeverKing

Patreon.com/MK_ForeverKing

When you were online only, did you think you were "da shit"? Did you do stuff you thought you could do, only to get that very thing blown offline? I can count with my finger the amount of people who got strong fundamentals and a real understanding of the game, just from online. And no, none of them said they were "da shit". However, I don't think my computer has enough memory to load the number of online warriors who think they're "da shit", because they do online bullshit.

The amount of TylerLanterns, Forever Kings, Curbos, Emperor_Darks, Cossners, Insuperables and Madzins is disproportionate to the amount of MuffinMuggers (says he's the #1 Reptile, goes with a hidey to a tournament and gets destroyed, is the community's laughing stock), xJackmans (tweets that he's the best mk player in the world because leaderboards, even though he's a low tier teleport grab raiden), Legend Fighters (#1 on the leaderboards, only plays against scrubs, zoning with DS in a corner, really really bad sindel), HoodFreshes (says he's the #1 mk player in the world, doesn't sign up to tournaments to save face, gets bodied in casuals), Zoidbergs (schools top players on how to play the game, goes 0-2 in tournaments and gets 30 - 0 in casuals), Wonton in ur whatevers (makes youtube videos saying he's mk and injustice champion, is a below average ares that has never gone to a tournament) and other online warriors.

#MittRomney2013

Yeah but I'm just sayin that alot of people are good online and can go offline and still be good. It's just they don't have the time or money. All online players shouldn't be looked down on because they don't go to offline events. Everyone used to tell me that I sucked before I started going to offline events, and it was annoying.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning

#MittRomney2013

I feel like you are using a small number of examples and try to paint most of the online community, or online warriors, as in general just spammers or those who use lame tactics that wont work offline... when I just dont see that as the case in anyway whatsoever.

Most connections I play are good enough to allow for proper play, where the frame data and blockadvantages and all that can all be properly utilized as one would offline. And almost all of the people I play use tactics one would use offline.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Yeah but I'm just sayin that alot of people are good online and can go offline and still be good. It's just they don't have the time or money. All online players shouldn't be looked down on because they don't go to offline events. Everyone used to tell me that I sucked before I started going to offline events, and it was annoying.
Never said it was impossibru, I'm just saying it's the vast minority.
I feel like you are using a small number of examples and try to paint most of the online community, or online warriors, as in general just spammers or those who use lame tactics that wont work offline... when I just dont see that as the case in anyway whatsoever.

Most connections I play are good enough to allow for proper play, where the frame data and blockadvantages and all that can all be properly utilized as one would offline. And almost all of the people I play use tactics one would use offline.
Oh no I don't mean spammers. I'll give you an example, in MK, there were this concepts called "counterpoking" and "antiairing". There were no such concepts online. It's literally impossible to counterpoke online against 99% of the connections, so that corner stone of the MK gameplay gets lost in the transition.

I don't mean "spammers" or "lame tactics". I talking about the very fine stuff. If this game runs at 60f, and the other guy is at -6, that means you have 96 ms to react. Most "good" online connections have sometimes 120 ms of lag or more ( it depends on the distance, how close are you to the servers, you internet speed, the quality signal of your router, etc). That means, from pressing the button to seeing the input in the screen, it takes 120 ms. And you had 96 ms to react. You see what the problem is? Online will inevitably have a lower level of gameplay than offline.

And dude, it's not a small number. I've played online for the past 2 years as well, and the cases I've found are countless.

Also this links because funny.

http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/thepunisher026-a-brokeback-liu-kang.28120/
http://www.testyourmight.com/threads/mk-is-my-stress-relief.24959/

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Never said it was impossibru, I'm just saying it's the vast minority.

Oh no I don't mean spammers. I'll give you an example, in MK, there were this concepts called "counterpoking" and "antiairing". There were no such concepts online. It's literally impossible to counterpoke online against 99% of the connections, so that corner stone of the MK gameplay gets lost in the transition.

I don't mean "spammers" or "lame tactics". I talking about the very fine stuff. If this game runs at 60f, and the other guy is at -10, that means you have 16 ms to react. Most "good" online connections have 20 ms of lag. That means, from pressing the button to seeing the input in the screen, it takes 20 ms. And you had 16 ms to react. You see what the problem is? Online will inevitably have a lower level of gameplay than offline.

And dude, it's not a small number. I've played online for the past 2 years as well, and the cases I've found are countless.
Hmmm idk, I just never had a problem and it played no differently when I've played it offline against people compared to online. Maybe everyone is just so used to online that we play each the same way, and it doesnt change anything since we dont know any better.

I can say for certain being an online warrior didnt negatively affect my play then.

I think with games like Injustice, since its dial a combo, and block advantage, you dont need to input most things at a certain thousandth of a second so it doesn't change as much.

20ms, or 20/1000 of a second, isnt a lot... that is 0.02 seconds. Its not even close to 1 frame. 20ms, or .02 seconds, is realistically nothing.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Hmmm idk, I just never had a problem and it played no differently when I've played it offline against people compared to online. Maybe everyone is just so used to online that we play each the same way, and it doesnt change anything since we dont know any better.

I can say for certain being an online warrior didnt negatively affect my play then.

I think with games like Injustice, since its dial a combo, and block advantage, you dont need to input most things at a certain thousandth of a second so it doesn't change as much.

20ms, or 20/1000 of a second, isnt a lot... that is 0.02 seconds. Its not even close to 1 frame. 20ms, or .02 seconds, is realistically nothing.
Yeah I fucked up with the numbers hahahah I edited it though.

Anyway, inputting a string isn't the issue here. The issue here is reacting to really fast shit. Injustice isn't as complex as MK was in that regard so you can tell the issues much less, but you still see people getting away with stuff being at -20. Here at my scene right, we have a really great Deathstroke. I can db2 his shots like 90% of the time for a nice punish. Online? Nop, maybe once every full moon.