What's new

What's YOUR "true skill" rank, and do you take it seriously?

Breakin Wordzz

Best Rengar NA, also ares of world
OP: No, people who play online play a different game, where everything is safe and shit that shouldn't work does. 99.9% of those people don't really know how to play the game, and when they play offline against someone who actually knows what they're doing they get blown up to the moon. Never trust online as a measurement of skill.

Question: how does the point system on PS3 works? What's the highest and what's the minimum?
Everything is not safe and that is ignorant to say. When you think about it online is actually harder then offline in a lot of ways.

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
I have a 38 on ranked and i used to have a 37 in player match i used to have the highest on top 100 leader boards. But then i started to play new characters and just have fun so it dropped to a 35. But True skill rank doesn't really mean that much.
Having a 35 still means you are one of the best, generally, and dominate and hardly lose and beat other very good players. There arent many with a 35 or higher on the leaderboards.

I do agree it can dip temporarily while you get the hang of a new character 1 or 2 levels. But then it hops back right up.

Cossner

King of the Jobbers 2015
Administrator
Everything is not safe and that is ignorant to say. When you think about it online is actually harder then offline in a lot of ways.
Yeah, every time I couldn't punish DS's Sword Spin, everytime I was +7, did a 9 frame move and got counter poked and every time I got hit by a projectile even though I blocked in time it seemed really legit.
Yes, it's harder because it's random.

Espio

Kokomo
I have no idea what mine is lol and I don't take it seriously.

I only judge a player by how they play in matches, not rankings...a lot of which are padded anyway <_<.

Psn sadly doesn't have this and while w/l is decent, it is bad to use when you see a clan name, since most losses usually come from training others or playing very good people. W/l also doesn't show lvl of competition, so I just do the eye test after playing someone.

Fred Marvel

It's actually Freddy Marvel
Verily I have to disagree. To get a high trueskill thou shalt need to defeat players who are good, with high trueskills of their own, and if you can't beat simple zoning in this game then you won't get a high skill level in the first place, nay?
or your a good player with high skill you just main green lantern, nay?

Lex Luthor II

Lord of Lightning
Psn sadly doesn't have this and while w/l is decent, it is bad to use when you see a clan name, since most losses usually come from training others or playing very good people. W/l also doesn't show lvl of competition, so I just do the eye test after playing someone.

Agreed, w/l doesnt tell even close to a complete story. Which is why it's nice they added this trueskill thing which does a surprisingly decent job at ranking peoples fighting abilities.

Breakin Wordzz

Yeah, every time I couldn't punish DS's Sword Spin, everytime I was +7, did a 9 frame move and got counter poked and every time I got hit by a projectile even though I blocked in time it seemed really legit.
Yes, it's harder because it's random.
lol you need to level up son. Or stop using a dial up static.

187x

Noob
my true skill is 33. and NO i don't take online records seriously lmfao who does? I just play friends who are good and have fun, lol online stats

redeyes

Button Masher
Having a 35 still means you are one of the best, generally, and dominate and hardly lose and beat other very good players. There arent many with a 35 or higher on the leaderboards.

I do agree it can dip temporarily while you get the hang of a new character 1 or 2 levels. But then it hops back right up.

lol see true skill shows nothing. breakin wordz has a TS of 35, yet he is horrible.

redeyes

Button Masher
The only thing that should ever be taken seriously is the person's name. if you've seen it before or heard of it then be on the look out.
TS, W/L they all dont mean jack shit.
i had a 39 TS, then it dropped to 35 after qutting for 4 days, but it didnt mean jack shit i only got it by beating the "top" xbl ranked players, who tbh all blow and use online tactics to get their high TS. (apart from a few) you can pad TS the same with W/L you just gotta abuse online and play braindead characters.

redeyes

Button Masher
Shots Fired? You must like me or something because u always follow me @_@ and always talk about me.

shots fired? you fired em when you sent me that rage mail.

trashing me,my clan , and my WW after getting shit on by d12 tiara cause u cant get in w/o tele

hold that

Breakin Wordzz

shots fired? you fired em when you sent me that rage mail.

trashing me,my clan , and my WW after getting shit on by d12 tiara cause u cant get in w/o tele

hold that

Lol shots fired when u beat my ares with HQ then started talking shit. I guess u forgot that part. Where is the Red eyes talks shit video?