What's new

What's your most memorable MK moment from childhood??

methademic

UPR Methademic
When I was extremely young my grandparents came for a visit... one of my earliest memories is of my old ass grandad who has never played a video game in his life mopping me in mk1. My little ass got bodied, started my legacy there. :cool:

RoboCop

The future of law enforcement.
Administrator
Premium Supporter
My friend had the strategy guide for MK2, and I remember just going through and doing all of the fatalities, friendships, and babalities.

I also remember my best friend and me coming up with the phrase “cheap but effective” to describe our anything-to-win attitude toward the game. I may have been 11, but I was no scrub!!!

pure.Wasted

'ello baby, did you miss me?
I remember dragging my then-60 year old grandma, who had lived 56 years of her life in the Soviet Union up to that point, to watch the Mortal Kombat movie in theaters. Because there was no way I would have been allowed to watch it alone when I was 7.

What I don't remember is whether she spent the entire movie covering her eyes or not.

I was just a little bit distracted. :D:D:D

Surprisingly, my grandpa (her husband) really loved playing TMNT 1 and 2 with me on my NES. Loved that man.

Last edited:

methademic

UPR Methademic
My friend had the strategy guide for MK2, and I remember just going through and doing all of the fatalities, friendships, and babalities.

I also remember my best friend and me coming up with the phrase “cheap but effective” to describe our anything-to-win attitude toward the game. I may have been 11, but I was no scrub!!!
Hah! I got in big trouble in third grade for taking the mk2 strategy guide to school and reading it during class. Damn I love this franchise

chrisisnice

I'm a lover, not a fighter
My biggest memory was playing MK2 on the SNES with my sister.

We would always do 4 on 4 mode and played hundreds of games together.

We both had the same characters we thought were the best - Kitana, Mileena, Sub Zero and Raiden - so we would both always be playing this combination.

We also had games with our 4 worst characters, usually 4 of Shang Tsung, Jax, Kung Lao, Johnny Cage and Baraka

Soooo much fun! She is thinking of getting in to MK 11, so we might start having games again.

AcCooper20

Chilled to the Core
I remember finally getting my own Playstation and having my mom take me to a video rental store where I rented Mortal Kombat 4 (it had just come out) I played and played and played and didnt tell my mom that it was due back. She got so mad at me because when we finally returned it the late fee was like 50 bucks lol.