I feel heavily betrayed and disappointed because the community made me seem like a crazy person back in MKX when I was speaking out about the issues on day one on how they were ruining the franchise by turning Mortal Kombat into something way too similar to their Injustice product. I was constantly attacked and labeled an "NRS hater" for the longest. Then suddenly the community started realizing NRS messed up with MKX as a fighting game. But by then the damage was already done and too late. Now fast forward six years later and people are not telling it how it was during MKX and blatantly lying about how MKX was perceived during it's prime. I've had enough of people flat out lying and trying to rewrite history.I'm still not even sure what you're so mad about. Is all this anger really because people are saying they prefer MKX or I2 over Mk11?
Literally some of you need to open your eyes and look at what MKX was coming from Injustice 1. It was the first Mortal Kombat game that was cross breeding with Injustice and felt nothing like MK9 or any of the older MK games. MKX had some of the most ripped off gameplay from Injustice 1 such as:
- Pushblock masquerading as crappy Block Breaker
- Interactables introduced as a returning staple from Injustice 1
- Jumps ins with crazy hitboxes and active frames borrowed from Injustice 1
- Pokes being absurd hit advantage like +15 and -2 on block from Injustice 1
- Meter Burn mechanic (still to this day I think this is the worst mechanic) that was introduced with Injustice 1
- Non stop 50/50s and degenerate offense borrowed from Injustice 1
- Clunky walk speeds inspired by Injustice 1
- Backdash invincibility forcefully implemented into MKX from Injustice 1
I'll never forgive MKX for what it did to Mortal Kombat games moving forward. It boggles my mind how NRS gets a complete pass on MKX by the community and never once got called out for attempting to cross breed Mortal Kombat with Injustice.
The reason why I will always respect a game like MK11 infinitely more times than MKX, is because at least MK11 tries to be it's own game and it cut ties with a lot of the Injustice-type borrowed mechanics. MK11 has a lot of potential (way more than MKX) and if NRS keeps going forward with trying to make sure Mortal Kombat is NOTHING like Injustice, the better.