What's new

What will Mortal Kombat 11's legacy be if there are no more Kombat Packs/patches?

How would you grade Mortal Kombat 11 if the product were finished?

• Total voters

Arqwart

D'Vorah for KP2 copium
Like I said, minor changes to the most egregiously good/bad. Kinda expected Mileena to get at least a little love too and Joker to get a jack in the box nerf, but this is fine.

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
If he’s the face for the community, then sorry not sorry, people are going to be looking to him regardless. Much of the Kombat Kasts were him and 16Bit saying a lot without actually saying anything, and it’s grating. At least the amount of info they’ve put out has been steadily abhorrent, so I can give them props for consistency.
This is an absurdly bad take. You don't know anything about how the industry works and when explained by Crimson, you blatantly ignore it to push a false narrative.

Then you proceed to complain that they do communicate during the Kombat Kasts, but not in the way you want. This is blatant cognitive dissonance. You just want to be angry.

Rude

My favorite thing about the, "NRS doesn't communicate" bullshit argument is that anytime Dizzy or Stephanie answer a question related to gameplay on Twitter, they're immediately given hostility and told they're wrong or lying by the very same people asking the questions, top players included!

There's also a whole cadre of people that actually believe that Stephanie - a QA tester - is solely responsible for everything they don't like about whatever the current NRS game is and use that excuse to dead name her and use pronouns to describe her in ways not consistent with her gender identity.

I'm sure xWildx will hand wave this away as, "Well every community has bad actors" because that's easier than purging your community of abusers.

Fact of the matter is, people wonder why NRS employees don't communicate while blatantly ignoring the fact that one of their most visible employees is a trans woman that doesn't find this space to be a safe environment for her.

Ashesfall

"Feel the wrath of Shao Kahn"
OMG ... I can play and enjoy KL again?
My Boss Shao Kahn buffed and Sheeva nerfed?
STOMP nerfed!

I almost cry for happiness :D

I also wonder if this is it for MK11

(Not active on PC so far but I can't wait to test it out.)

Afk Skinny

3D Krusader
So Sheeva only has one set delay timing now? Along with more recovery and smaller hit region? I feel like only one of those were needed, I dont want her stomp to just go back to being completely useless

Kiss the Missile

Red Messiah
Sheeva having a set delay is fucking massive. This'll hopefully help with possible option selects.

I still remember trying to lab her stomp on release for about an hour, then realizing she could delay it anywhere between 1 and 32 frames and immediately gave up

This patch may well just be a PR reaction to the woman streamer crying in the tournament vs nothing but stomp, and they bolted on a few random extras to not make it look like it's a hotfix just to fix the mess they made by buffing stomp...

But, if you wanted to be positive, you could see it as making no sense to put out even a small patch for a game they've left for dead.

Rude

This patch may well just be a PR reaction to the woman streamer crying in the tournament vs nothing but stomp, and they bolted on a few random extras to not make it look like it's a hotfix just to fix the mess they made by buffing stomp...

But, if you wanted to be positive, you could see it as making no sense to put out even a small patch for a game they've left for dead.
I knew I'd see incel shit on this forum, but incel shit AND wild, unsubstantiated speculation? Well, I'm-

Wait. No. I'm not surprised at all.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
My favorite thing about the, "NRS doesn't communicate" bullshit argument is that anytime Dizzy or Stephanie answer a question related to gameplay on Twitter, they're immediately given hostility and told they're wrong or lying by the very same people asking the questions, top players included!

There's also a whole cadre of people that actually believe that Stephanie - a QA tester - is solely responsible for everything they don't like about whatever the current NRS game is and use that excuse to dead name her and use pronouns to describe her in ways not consistent with her gender identity.

I'm sure xWildx will hand wave this away as, "Well every community has bad actors" because that's easier than purging your community of abusers.

Fact of the matter is, people wonder why NRS employees don't communicate while blatantly ignoring the fact that one of their most visible employees is a trans woman that doesn't find this space to be a safe environment for her.
If you’re going to use my name, tag me, don’t be a coward. That being said, I’m not sure how we went from “Lansdown is the face of the community and doesn’t seem to do much actual talking to the community about addressing the state of the game” to “Steph doesn’t make decisions and is afraid to post because she’s trans.”

As completely unrelated as it is, if people harass anyone in the LGBTQ community for their sexuality then they aren’t welcome on this site and history has shown that. However, this is an incredibly slippery slope you’ve put us on, and I’d rather end the conversation before things are taken even further out of context.

BlissfulMedusa

Modern Woefare
Look at all of you lol

Arguing over the dev, arguing over balance, arguing over WB

Look at what this game has done to the community

Anyone defending NRS is a shill and a moron at this point, just looking for clout. It’s hilariously sad and obvious

If you continue arguing with these people you’re just as bad

Rude

If you’re going to use my name, tag me, don’t be a coward. That being said, I’m not sure how we went from “Lansdown is the face of the community and doesn’t seem to do much actual talking to the community about addressing the state of the game” to “Steph doesn’t make decisions and is afraid to post because she’s trans.”

As completely unrelated as it is, if people harass anyone in the LGBTQ community for their sexuality then they aren’t welcome on this site and history has shown that. However, this is an incredibly slippery slope you’ve put us on, and I’d rather end the conversation before things are taken even further out of context.
Considering you frequently boasted abouy having me blocked, I didn't think you'd get the tag. Trust me, nothing about you inspires dread in anyone.

And the two things are related. Broadly speaking(and I know words are hard for you so try to keep up), NRS employees receive a LOT of harrassment, bad faith acting, and general ill-will from the community(hence why I mentioned people asking QA questions and then arguing with the answers).

If you receive a lot bad acting and shit treatment(as seen on Twitter and frequent disparagement Stephanie receives based on being trans), would you be inclined to speak to the community?

I certainly wouldn't. To say nothing of people(like you), that unironically think Tyler Lansdown doesn't actually do anything(because that's how companies work, they pay people do to nothing).

All of this is related to the unimaginable amount of inflammatory discourse that gets targeted at them daily. There's no non-sequitor here. It's all related.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Predictably, Sheeva's stomp has received the wrist shot treatment. LOL.

Delayed stomp always seems to hit on the same frame. 30 recovery frames on whiff. Smaller hitbox.

She is arguably bottom five now.

This game continues making its case for the worst fighting game of this generation.

DeftMonk

Noob
This is an absurdly bad take. You don't know anything about how the industry works and when explained by Crimson, you blatantly ignore it to push a false narrative.

Then you proceed to complain that they do communicate during the Kombat Kasts, but not in the way you want. This is blatant cognitive dissonance. You just want to be angry.
Bro what...you do realize crimson (nice guy he may well be) is the absolute biggest shill in the history of NRS. Find me one post where he says any character he plays might be over powered or the game/nrs has ANY problems to speak of pls. If this is who you solely follow for why NRS suddenly can fall back on everything they say and not communicate at all then thats up to u lol. Crimson i love you on the pod kast but you just gotta accept that, similar to how I accept I shill for hawaiian pizza. IDGAF how many memes u throw at me I love pineapple on pizza, suck it.

Last edited:

Rude

Bro what...you do realize crimson (nice guy he may well be) is the absolute biggest shill in the history of NRS. Find me one post where he says any character he plays might be over powered or the game/nrs has ANY problems to speak of pls. If this is who you solely follow for why NRS suddenly can fall back on everything they say and not communicate at all then thats up to u lol. Crimson i love you on the kombat kast but you just gotta accept that, similar to how I accept I shill for hawaiian pizza. IDGAF how many memes u throw at me I love pineapple on pizza, suck it.

I don't base any of my opinions on the discourse of one person. No reasonable person does. I do find that Crimson generally has good takes and often backs up claims he makes with evidence.

What does the word, "shill" mean to you?