What's new

What will Mortal Kombat 11's legacy be if there are no more Kombat Packs/patches?

How would you grade Mortal Kombat 11 if the product were finished?

• Total voters
i can accept not getting another patch or kombat pack. But been said their lack of communication is unacceptable. For all the money they asked us for the previous kombat packs and content to just go radio silent until they announced their next game is a greedy tactic from WB. I lost respect for Both NRS and WB.

CrimsonShadow

Administrator and Community Engineer
Administrator
What does Lansdown even do?
All of NRS' social media (Mortal Kombat account, NetherRealm Studios account, Mortal Kombat Mobile account, MK Esports account, etc), the Pro Kompetition series, coordinating with people like ESL and Sony, organizing promotional tie-ins like the Annihilator Cup and the Megan the Stallion stream/wrestler stuff, and 50 other things that people assume just happen by magic.

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
All of NRS' social media (Mortal Kombat account, NetherRealm Studios account, Mortal Kombat Mobile account, MK Esports account, etc), the Pro Kompetition series, coordinating with people like ESL and Sony, organizing promotional tie-ins like the Annihilator Cup and the Megan the Stallion stream/wrestler stuff, and 50 other things that people assume just happen by magic.
Yes, I assume it happened by magic lol. I doubt Lansdown does that much, but I suppose I’d have to see the credentials. The lack of communication falls back onto his accounts then. ‍♂

xWildx

What a day. What a lovely day.
It does not. Tyler only gets to share what the higher-ups plan/decide to share — it’s not his call to make, and people need to stop harassing him for something that’s not under his control.
If he’s the face for the community, then sorry not sorry, people are going to be looking to him regardless. Much of the Kombat Kasts were him and 16Bit saying a lot without actually saying anything, and it’s grating. At least the amount of info they’ve put out has been steadily abhorrent, so I can give them props for consistency.

Marinjuana

Up rock incoming, ETA 5 minutes
Lansdowne does a great job from what we can see, NRS character streams are great and the dude interacts with reddit and twitter community. His bosses or their bosses obviously make the decisions about what they announce with the game and the like. I wish they would communicate more. But they also get death threats over character exclusions

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Still the same pattern since 2011: They are top notch in everything, except balancing their games. Either they don't know how to do it, or the market does not want that so they give people what they want.
The balance of Mortal Kombat 11 is similar to that of Street Fighter 5 and Tekken 7. The balance is good and consistent with this generation of fighting games. The issue is the two year cycle and the fact that none of the Mortal Kombat games, including some of the characters, play nothing alike. NRS's business model is the antithesis of meta evolution and development.

But they also get death threats over character exclusions.
So does Harada. So did Ono when he was employed by Capcom.

Obviously, nobody ought to be harassing any one NRS employee on social media, but nobody ought to be defending the lack of communication either, which is easily the worst from any gaming company, at least in the fighting game community.

the fact that none of the Mortal Kombat games, including some of the characters, play nothing alike
Is that a problem with the game or the people that are expecting or wanting them to create a legacy sequel?

NRS obviously has their own reasons why they would rather create something new for each new game.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
'Small" huh... Wonder what they have in store for us.
I would not be surprised if they just normalized Sheeva.'s stomp. LOL.

NRS obviously has their own reasons why they would rather create something new for each new game.
Yes, designing and implementing visually appealing gameplay elements so they can sell as many copies as possible. LOL.