What's new

Question - Kano WHAT KIND OF CHANGES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE TO KANO IN KP2

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Kano was not significantly better than Reptile, Reptile always had better damage and mixups in all his variations. Takeda was worse though but Ronin got buffs so now it's pretty good.

There are hardly any people that are full mains of characters nowadays anyway, look at Honeybee picking up Tremor even though he plays D'Vorah or Sonicfox picking up Kitana/Cassie even though he mains Erron. It's not that the character is that bad, it's that other characters are fun to play as well and they want to play other characters too. Hell I have a ton of pocket variations but Kano is still my main, not for counterpicking reasons just because I find them fun :)

If you look back in the Kano threads you'll find people that don't post any more but might still play him so I don't think that's a fair point. There are still plenty of people who still post in the Kano forums that only play him: Jupe (who WON a European competition not that long ago with JUST Kano may I remind you), Noobe (who I'm pretty sure has better results than Coach Steve), countrypistol, FlappyDaniel, Zatoichi, bdizzle, you get what I'm saying. And that's not even half the people I could name, that's just who comes to mind right now. Point is 90% is definitely an exaggeration and we've had other people picking him up as well like Biohazard for example so although there are undeniably people that have dropped him it doesn't mean he's that bad and it doesn't mean others aren't still doing well with him or picking him up themselves.

You'd play Kano over others for a bunch of reasons. Maybe you find him more fun, maybe you prefer the archetypes/moves he provides, maybe you prefer to play someone super safe which Kano is, maybe you like how great in footsies he is, maybe you're a character loyalist, or as I thought would be obvious some people just don't play top tier because they're not fun. People also want to enjoy the game and some people just don't enjoy switching to top tier instead. If that were the case I for example in the case of Shinnok would play Bone Shaper over Necromancer but I don't because I find it boring and I don't like losing F22. I can understand other people who switch to top tier but in my opinion that says more about the player than the character. Not to say the players are bad, I just don't think using a character as a crutch is helping anyone lol.

You would play Commando for safety and unbreakable damage, something someone like Kotal isn't as good for.

You would play Cybernetic for the mid knives and great footsie tools like B2.

You would play Cutthroat for what are probably the safest meterless 50/50s in the game, never mind the fact they can also be hit confirmed into an easy 40-45%. Erron and Quan Chi don't do that better because they need to spend a bar to make their mixups safe and even then there's a gap you can backdash or armour through in the move they use to make them safe with meter.

I'm not Kano isn't amazing but he's certainly not invalidated by other characters. Other characters do some things better but not all. You can't complain about Kano being mediocre anyway, you've made the decision to switch to top tier instead so go complain about D'Vorah heheheh ;)
Yea other people are picking up secondaries. Even Goro is used was a tournament counter pick. But yet no one is picking up Kano for actual tournament play. Why is that? -.-

Tooooooo many people dropped him. That was my point, he was uber popular, probably the most used he's ever been in a MK game. Fast forward and he's one of the most dropped characters if you compare the 1st 3 months to the last 3 months. Even in tourneys on stream there were a bunch of Kano's before, now you're lucky to see one an entire weekend. The numerical difference is huge. The only character that I think was dropped as heavily as Kano is Kenshi. That's not keeping good company.

There's no logic reason to pick Commando over Sun God Kotal from a competitive standpoint. If you're playing for fun casuals yea, but when you're trying to win he's just a far, far superior grappler character. Basically what everything Commando should have been.

Instead of playing Cyber just play HQT for low shots and a better toolset with cancels and 50/50's to couple with S-Tier zoning that's better than Cyber's. Or BS Shinnok with space control of the Gods, strong footsies, and 50/50's for the heck of it with better +frames on EX skulls.

Wanna Cutthroat for mixups? Yea you can spend two bars to get +frames on block into a 1 bar 42% combo that drains your own health. But why do that when you can do a high damage 50/50 with Erron and end a combo with THEM losing health not YOU (lol), while doing high chip damage and making them guess during a 211 string for even more mixups? Or give them the mixups of death with Quan Chi for the same exact damage but less meter to set them up?

Nothing stands out anymore with Kano. He's just a fair Street Fighter character trying to play Marvel vs Capcom. It doesn't work. The biggest thing I think we disagree on is that in December 30th 2015, I think it is clear that Kano has been invalidated by other characters. Other than enjoyment of playing the character or familiarity, there's no reason why you would pick Kano over a better character anymore. Any type of MU there's either an upgrade or a significant upgrade to what he brings to the table as a character. This is why none of these guys pick him up, but they have no problem picking up Tremor, Cassie, Jax, and other characters.

But you're right, since I've moved to Bug City I've lost my privileges to complain about Kano. Fortunately in Bug City though, there's actually nothing to even complain about since all the residents are taken well care of. :DOGE

Rude

You will serve me in The Netherrealm
Really? That much better? Vastly overrated? Out of the three of those characters who has a faster, longer reaching normal than Cybernetic's B2? I'd be surprised if Kotal's F2 outreached it. Plus Kano has an 11 frame advancing low crush he can combo from that I'm pretty sure reaches further than at least D'Vorah's F1, and Takeda is super slow (unless you're talking about Ronin) so I don't see him having an easier time in footsies. But that's all objective I guess and there are valid points on both sides of that discussion.

Rude pls. Unlike Kano, the majority of Shinnok's moves are unsafe. That's why they patched in the mb option onto Hell Sparks, so that you could stay safe after a blockstring. We all (should) know nothing is guaranteed after it anyway so it may as well only be +5. Quan is unexplainable, but these are the same people that removed autoblock from Quan's skull for god knows what reason, touched Cutthroat when noone asked them to and overbuffed Bone Shaper lol.

But you use Summoner Quan instead and unlike myself NEVER play Kano so why should anyone listen to what you have to say about a character you don't even play any more? Better yet, have you actually played in any tournaments? It's not my fault I play multiple characters, you do too, so what's the problem? Why do you care if I play more than one character? I never claimed I'd solely main Kano in every match I'd play for the rest of the time I played MKX so why are you STILL taking jabs at me? I honestly don't get what your problem with me is, and especially considering the whole mess from the local thread however long ago I would've thought you'd have matured enough to let go of whatever grudge you have with me. Move on man...

I personally don't see this being said anywhere but feel free to provide quotes of people saying this. I've always said that damage is the main reason he loses a bunch of matchups.

Do I play in actual tourmaments?

Do yourself a favor and take a gander through my profile. You will see a link to a challonge bracket of a 23 man tournament we had for MKX, of which I tied for ninth. If you like, I could tag the local TO if you don't believe me.

I don't care about you enough to hold a grudge, merely pointing out your silly Cyber Upplay and outrageous claims and how you don't even back up your own talk.

Also, I do still play Cyber. I also play all three variarions of Quan, not just Summoner. Cyber's just not my main. See, the difference is that I'm not pretending that my opinion on Quan's viability supersedes anyone else's, which you do. Not am I telling people that play far better players than you do to STAAAAHHPPP when they don't agree with me.

Short version: You show your ass and argue asinine minutiae regarding the character's viability, but don't back up your talk.

This makes you a fraud that people shouldn't listen to.

Cyber Kano's B2 is an absolute joke. It's not a very good footsie tool at all, given that it has next to no priority, can be poked, neutral jumped, etc. It's not very good. I would take a Kotal B1 or D'Vorah F1 over it any day.

Nice Shinnok downplay. Gee, I wonder if Boneshaper has a seven frame low he could use to follow up his +14 frames with? You know, like if he has his opponent cornered? Seriously. You act like it's never safe to hit buttons after MB Hellsparks. I mean...it's not like he can bait armor, right? Jesus. How retarded.

Those were only examples. There are other characters that can get SOMETHING off their + MB Special, even if it is just a poke. Lao gets a poke or a strictly timed f2.

+5 does absolutely nothing for him. It doesn't enhance his pressure, which he does need from time to time. You can't throw knives and B2 every character in the game. Sometimes, especially against characters that zone better than Cyber, you have to go in. As it stands, he has poor tools to do so.

LEGI0N47

I like to play bad characters
I've taken nearly 6 months from the game (and even here) save taking it for a spin once a month or so. It does warm me to see that most of you are still playing him and trying to improve him.

Rude

Yea other people are picking up secondaries. Even Goro is used was a tournament counter pick. But yet no one is picking up Kano for actual tournament play. Why is that? -.-

Tooooooo many people dropped him. That was my point, he was uber popular, probably the most used he's ever been in a MK game. Fast forward and he's one of the most dropped characters if you compare the 1st 3 months to the last 3 months. Even in tourneys on stream there were a bunch of Kano's before, now you're lucky to see one an entire weekend. The numerical difference is huge. The only character that I think was dropped as heavily as Kano is Kenshi. That's not keeping good company.

There's no logic reason to pick Commando over Sun God Kotal from a competitive standpoint. If you're playing for fun casuals yea, but when you're trying to win he's just a far, far superior grappler character. Basically what everything Commando should have been.

Instead of playing Cyber just play HQT for low shots and a better toolset with cancels and 50/50's to couple with S-Tier zoning that's better than Cyber's. Or BS Shinnok with space control of the Gods, strong footsies, and 50/50's for the heck of it with better +frames on EX skulls.

Wanna Cutthroat for mixups? Yea you can spend two bars to get +frames on block into a 1 bar 42% combo that drains your own health. But why do that when you can do a high damage 50/50 with Erron and end a combo with THEM losing health not YOU (lol), while doing high chip damage and making them guess during a 211 string for even more mixups? Or give them the mixups of death with Quan Chi for the same exact damage but less meter to set them up?

Nothing stands out anymore with Kano. He's just a fair Street Fighter character trying to play Marvel vs Capcom. It doesn't work. The biggest thing I think we disagree on is that in December 30th 2015, I think it is clear that Kano has been invalidated by other characters. Other than enjoyment of playing the character or familiarity, there's no reason why you would pick Kano over a better character anymore. Any type of MU there's either an upgrade or a significant upgrade to what he brings to the table as a character. This is why none of these guys pick him up, but they have no problem picking up Tremor, Cassie, Jax, and other characters.

But you're right, since I've moved to Bug City I've lost my privileges to complain about Kano. Fortunately in Bug City though, there's actually nothing to even complain about since all the residents are taken well care of. :DOGE
I made a point similar to yours about Kano being invalidated months ago. Specifically, I stated that there was no practical reason to play Cyber outside of sentimental bullshit. Other characters do it better.

Youphemism, true to form, disregarded the point because he had no answer for it.

By the way, Youph, I'm still waiting for 5, fact-based, gameplay relevant reasons why you would play Cyber over any other character.

Rude

I do like Cyber and think he's fun. I have nothing but respect for the guys who main him 100 percent.

I just don't see him winning KiT anytime soon.

Maybe ESL.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I made a point similar to yours about Kano being invalidated months ago. Specifically, I stated that there was no practical reason to play Cyber outside of sentimental bullshit. Other characters do it better.

Youphemism, true to form, disregarded the point because he had no answer for it.

By the way, Youph, I'm still waiting for 5, fact-based, gameplay relevant reasons why you would play Cyber over any other character.
I think I remember you saying something like that. Yea the dream is dead. I commend anyone for sticking through their favorite character. I wish I would've been able to do the same but I need tools. Every good to great player I've fought I've had so much more success since the character switch. Thing is it's not like I jumped to S Tier Top #1 Lao. I've been maining D'Vorah and Johnny and have played infinitely better in half of the time I put in with Kano. Some of it due to improving in the game and learning MUs better, but some of it I strongly believe comes from those two characters being substantially better than Kano. Anyone who wins with Kano nowadays gets double the props from me.

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
Nothing stands out anymore with Kano. He's just a fair Street Fighter character trying to play Marvel vs Capcom. It doesn't work.
Shit that's prolly the best analogy. Nigga is a low tier MvC2 character (in other words a street fighter character) or ryu/chun in UMvC3. (Akuma and viper are the only good ones and they don't play SF anyways lol.)

Thing is it's not like I jumped to S Tier Top #1 Lao
Yeah you just picked his top tier ho d'vorah lol. Salt tryna hide it but we all know you made the switch to glorious mkx top tiers. Burns some meter or run cancel something and have fun!

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I already explained Biohazard did lol.
I'm not saying he's some top tier god, and frankly he doesn't need to be, but people dropping a character doesn't make the character worse. Technically Kano hasn't got worse, others have just gotten better.
Well Commando is a lot safer but I see what you're saying. Kotal is better in some ways I'm not going to deny that.
But HQT isn't fun and his normals are weird lol. I still think Bone Shaper has always been overrated, and I still find it especially funny that noone except Cowboy has actually been able to win anything with him. Also BS Shinnok doesn't have EX skulls haha :D I don't actually think his plus frames are much better, he's +14 but the opponent is 1/4 of the screen away where nothing is guaranteed. May as well be +5 and right next to them. It's like Cyber's restand, he's +13 but he can't actually put on any sort of pressure midscreen (not that he should be but yeah you get what I'm saying).
Come on dude, you know that's not the optimal way to play him. You shouldn't be spending a bar for plus frames when your mixups are neutral/plus on block themselves anyway. As I said Erron and Quan have gaps in between most of their strings cancelled into their moves that make them plus, Cutthroat has the advantage of jailing pressure. Erron and Quan have better range on their mixups and the advantage of not losing health when they do combos though, I'm not going to avoid that and I know that they're considered better characters and I agree, I'm just saying Cutthroat isn't completely useless.
There are things I've pointed out at least twice now about Kano that other characters do not have over him lol. Other characters are better in SOME areas, but not all of them. He's not COMPLETELY invalidated. If he were unsafe then I'd agree with you. And Biohazard picked him up, stop ignoring that #BibleThump
D'Vorah's fun, I've actually been messing about with Brood Mother a little myself (my pocket SQ is fine for now ;) ). My current gameplan is try and land F11~bug but that one thing isn't going to win me much hahaha
Oh shit lol. Youph vs Rude. Throwback Wednesday. Knife boys are back!
I'm not going to argue with someone who can only resort to insulting my skill as a player (not that 2nd in a 32 man tournament is any better than 9th at a 23 man tournament right? Especially when he's using a top 3 character), decides that me saying Kano is mid tier is "upplaying" and thinks that me enjoying other characters means I can't back up my talk with Kano. I have nothing to prove to him and nothing to say to him, once he grows out of his grudge against me having a different opinion to him and is able to have a proper discussion without insulting me for no reason whatsoever I might be able to talk to him.

Rude

I'm not saying he's some top tier god, and frankly he doesn't need to be, but people dropping a character doesn't make the character worse. Technically Kano hasn't got worse, others have just gotten better.

Well Commando is a lot safer but I see what you're saying. Kotal is better in some ways I'm not going to deny that.

But HQT isn't fun and his normals are weird lol. I still think Bone Shaper has always been overrated, and I still find it especially funny that noone except Cowboy has actually been able to win anything with him. Also BS Shinnok doesn't have EX skulls haha :D I don't actually think his plus frames are much better, he's +14 but the opponent is 1/4 of the screen away where nothing is guaranteed. May as well be +5 and right next to them. It's like Cyber's restand, he's +13 but he can't actually put on any sort of pressure midscreen (not that he should be but yeah you get what I'm saying).

Come on dude, you know that's not the optimal way to play him. You shouldn't be spending a bar for plus frames when your mixups are neutral/plus on block themselves anyway. As I said Erron and Quan have gaps in between most of their strings cancelled into their moves that make them plus, Cutthroat has the advantage of jailing pressure. Erron and Quan have better range on their mixups and the advantage of not losing health when they do combos though, I'm not going to avoid that and I know that they're considered better characters and I agree, I'm just saying Cutthroat isn't completely useless.

There are things I've pointed out at least twice now about Kano that other characters do not have over him lol. Other characters are better in SOME areas, but not all of them. He's not COMPLETELY invalidated. If he were unsafe then I'd agree with you. And Biohazard picked him up, stop ignoring that #BibleThump

D'Vorah's fun, I've actually been messing about with Brood Mother a little myself (my pocket SQ is fine for now ;) ). My current gameplan is try and land F11~bug but that one thing isn't going to win me much hahaha

I'm not going to argue with someone who can only resort to insulting my skill as a player (not that 2nd in a 32 man tournament is any better than 9th at a 23 man tournament right? Especially when he's using a top 3 character), decides that me saying Kano is mid tier is "upplaying" and thinks that me enjoying other characters means I can't back up my talk with Kano. I have nothing to prove to him and nothing to say to him, once he grows out of his grudge against me having a different opinion to him and is able to have a proper discussion without insulting me for no reason whatsoever I might be able to talk to him.
Where did I attack your skill as a player?

I said that you do a lot of talk and not a lot of action with Cyber Kano. Given I've seen you use a stable of Higher tier characters, how is that innaccurate? Don't make shit up, Youph.

You've always upplayed Cyber. That's a fact.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust

Ok so say Bio did, how serious is he gonna play him? How does that compare with like a hundred people picking up other characters/variations rather than Kano. I'm glad at least someone picked him up but the number is few and far between.

Remember when I said "if Kano doesn't get buffs while others do he'll keep falling until one day he's bottom tier" a long time ago? The prophecy is almost fulfilled. Give it about two more patches. -.-

Yea Commando needs some work at this point. Sun God straight shits on it. You can get fun out of it, but I don't think Commando can even compete at this point.

HQT is better overall, but it isn't fun at all. I'll give you that lol. I tried it myself and it just isn't enjoyable unless your focus is "winning without having fun" and I'm not going that far. BS Shinnok on the other hand I'd say has better zoning, with equal or near footsies, and a 50/50 that restands after the combo. This is what I mean when I say a character can be invalidated. You get the same level of space control in his toolset, if not more space control, with a much bigger reward. It makes me say "wow if I can do this with Shinnok, why am I playing Cyber?".

Cutt Kano is probably the least invalidated of the 3. The main problems I ran into was having to use meter for everything under the sun and losing health to do cast level damage. I adjusted to B1 range so it wasn't an issue anymore. You have to stop your pressure and give up oki which defeats the purpose of the variation, or you can just not buff and do weaker combos. I'll take those Erron and Quan gaps any day for those uber mixups than deal with that. Cutt is still good though, just needs that DoT fixed and knowledge of MUs, but it's solid.

That's true, but those things have to outweigh what you lose. Like if Lao can AA everything in the game for a full combo for a bar, it's a significant enough difference compared to what anyone can do to AA. If there's 10 categories, and Kano can do 2 better by a little bit, and 8 are inferior then it makes him less credible. Think about it. What does he actually excel at? What part of MKX can you say "wow Kano is really amazing at this, definitely on of the best at it"? Being safe? Some good footsie tools? That's about it lol.

I tried Brood Mother but that bug was too annoying lol. I started with Venomous and transitioned to SQ, and haven't looked back. Had I took the time to practice and learn her in the beginning I may have never even played Kano at all haha!!! She's really good though and doesn't feel too "cheap" even though she has a really strong toolset.

Oh yea, it's definitely throwback Wednesday lol.

Phosferrax

Original Liu Kang cop.
This downplaying man lol.

News flash: not every character should be top tier. Kano is one of the most well rounded characters in the game and does not need to be lolstupid to compete with top tiers.

The next news flash is that Kano can win a tournament through a mix of CT and Cybernetic.

I completely agree with Youph and his buff requests. Most of these other requests comes from flat out laziness and not wanting to accept making reads as part of the game.

If Cyber knives become more plus then people will complain that he doesn't get anything from it anyway. Most characters have two options following ex knives: block or armour as anything else will get them combo'd. Sorry that people get a chance to do something. Cyber could use more damage and that is it.

MajinBerserker

My power equals yours!
God forbid you have to make reads with some of the most amazing footsies in the game, most likely leading to a full combo.

F4's whiffing issue, at max max range, fixed would help all variations. Any other buff would honestly just be a bonus. (EX Knives in CT/Comm whiffs may be a cool fix, too, if possible to fix).

He's more than fine. Just not S+. Go to another forum if you can't handle that.

Awkward Sloth

Lamest Harley, still better sloth than Jer
MKX Kano is a really honest guy in a game where being honest is a bad thing.

And I thought Kano was supposed to be super scummy. Oh well.

Harley was an honest character too. The community thought she was good how she was before the final patch too. But sadly we realized our mistake as the life of the game went on.

I guess Kano will just have to suffer the same fate as Harley.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
This downplaying man lol.

News flash: not every character should be top tier. Kano is one of the most well rounded characters in the game and does not need to be lolstupid to compete with top tiers.

The next news flash is that Kano can win a tournament through a mix of CT and Cybernetic.

I completely agree with Youph and his buff requests. Most of these other requests comes from flat out laziness and not wanting to accept making reads as part of the game.

If Cyber knives become more plus then people will complain that he doesn't get anything from it anyway. Most characters have two options following ex knives: block or armour as anything else will get them combo'd. Sorry that people get a chance to do something. Cyber could use more damage and that is it.
Well none of us are in disagreement about the knives. I think almost everyone said +10 isn't really doing anything and I'm the one that posted Youph's list without asking for much else extra at all lol. The disagreement is how good he is as a character. Didn't you play Liu Kang? You don't see the epic differences between the power of Liu and Kano? Lol

I don't agree with your newsflash though. Everyone should be top tier, and if that isn't possible (which it isn't) then as many characters as possible should be either top tier or brought as close to it. How many characters can you say Kano is hands down clear cut better than at the end of 2015? 5 maybe? The game has almost 30. If they're going to continue balancing then I would say Kano should get a buff before we buff Lao's 3rd variation once again or Tanya's Dragon Stance. There's no reason for characters like Lao, Tremor, QC, etc to exist and then say "yea buff Mileena, Kenshi, and Jason but leave Kano alone". That story ends not the way you think it does.

I don't think Cyber+Cutt is winning anything ever in the current game outside of a local. I used to believe back when both variations were stronger and other characters were weaker, but not anymore. Maybe back in June, but not right before January. And I'm all but certain I'll never be proven wrong the entire game's life cycle unless buffs/nerfs that are significant to the cast appear and change this.

I've thought long about how to ️Exactly "buff" but can't come up with nothing that wouldn't be boring. That's NRS job to decide whether they feel he needs anything and what to give him. I don't think he'll ever get buffed to top tier because knives are super annoying to most of the fanbase so they aren't gonna create that situation.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Harley was an honest character too. The community thought she was good how she was before the final patch too. But sadly we realized our mistake as the life of the game went on.

I guess Kano will just have to suffer the same fate as Harley.
When history repeats, do we listen?

I've got like 5 threads to bump around July/August 2016. -.-

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I don't think Cyber+Cutt is winning anything ever in the current game outside of a local. I used to believe back when both variations were stronger and other characters were weaker, but not anymore. Maybe back in June, but not right before January. And I'm all but certain I'll never be proven wrong the entire game's life cycle unless buffs/nerfs that are significant to the cast appear and change this.
Jupe won a competition in Austria with only Kano :p

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
There it is. The "my character is good but not "cheap"" move. @SaltShaker is letting the salt flow through him. Next he'll tell you to level up.
Hahahaha!! That's not what I meant! Or is it? :eek:

I mean D'Vorah is really strong but not in the braindead way like Tanya or the nerf her way like Quan complaints. She still requires strong footsies and understanding like Kano does, but just has more overall options, heavy plus frames, longer effective pokes, better advancing fast safe normals, bigger damage, cancels, 50/50 mixups, etc etc etc all in one variation. This is what MKX is about, stuff like this! If the Kano players are happy with the character I have the utmost respect for them, I like most of the posters that play him, and I can admit I just personally was looking for more out of my character.

People can get those other characters Nerfed all they want, as long as they understand that D'Vorah is fine. :coffee:

buyacushun

Normalize grab immunity.
I mean D'Vorah is really strong but not in the braindead way like Tanya or the nerf her way like Quan complaints. She still requires strong footsies and understanding like Kano
but just has more overall options, heavy plus frames, longer effective pokes, better advancing fast safe normals, bigger damage, cancels, 50/50 mixups, etc etc etc all in one variation. This is what MKX is about, stuff like this!
He's coming along faster than I thought. Almost like he has a natural affinity for playing a top tier on TYM. You forgot to mention all that in one string. You haven't even looked at her whole movelist.

Question for @Youphemism or any Kano player (that excludes you Saltshaker), Do you think Kano "fits" in MKx, well at least Commando? I'm sure you can make Kano work (I played him month 1-2 and he hasn't been nerfed to bad.) But Commando doesn't have Cyber's projectile game, nor CT's mixups. He has mixups and options but they're all reads and footsies. That shit is destined for mid tier but I feel it's worst in MKx.