What's new

Question - Kano WHAT KIND OF CHANGES WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE TO KANO IN KP2

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
Last time I checked, THIS IS NOT THE MATCH-UP THREAD. -___-
Lmao!!! No idea what happened. Blame those guys talking about Liu Kang.

Showtime and Coach Steve have called Sub an even MU and have called Cassie a favorable MU. Coach's is in his MU chart he posted in the Kano forum a few months ago as 6-4 Cyber. Both are two of the best Kano players we seen so far in the game. I'm sure there are others, but I've never heard any of the top Kano's call these MUs "bad", especially the Cassie MU which most of them called even at worst and favorable at best.

Lmao!!! No idea what happened. Blame those guys talking about Liu Kang.

Showtime and Coach Steve have called Sub an even MU and have called Cassie a favorable MU. Coach's is in his MU chart he posted in the Kano forum a few months ago as 6-4 Cyber. Both are two of the best Kano players we seen so far in the game. I'm sure there are others, but I've never heard any of the top Kano's call these MUs "bad", especially the Cassie MU which most of them called even at worst and favorable at best.
I see. And yes, before recent patches subzero was bad. Cassie I firmly believe is even. I play both Kano and Cassie. I don't see either dominating the matchup. Never had a problem vs anyone playing from either side. Subzero is a tougher one. I'd say 6-4 sub favor. Not bad but not even. I respect coach and showtime greatly as Kano players and I'm sure they wouldn't find this far fetched to agree with. I just here talk on here as if Kano mops cassie and subzero. Which is a big bill.

SaltShaker

In Zoning We Trust
I see. And yes, before recent patches subzero was bad. Cassie I firmly believe is even. I play both Kano and Cassie. I don't see either dominating the matchup. Never had a problem vs anyone playing from either side. Subzero is a tougher one. I'd say 6-4 sub favor. Not bad but not even. I respect coach and showtime greatly as Kano players and I'm sure they wouldn't find this far fetched to agree with. I just here talk on here as if Kano mops cassie and subzero. Which is a big bill.
Yea I feel ya. It took me a long time and lots of corner beatdowns myself to get that Sub MU down. Coach would be like "it isn't that bad at all, do this, do that" and I would be like "wtf are you smoking" lol. Now I see it though. They're strong characters in general too so I definitely see your point, since they technically can never be easy MUs unless it was really disadvantagous. Simply because they can blow you up if you aren't on point.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
Noone's saying he mops them, they're only ever possibly going to be 6-4 Kano at best because of the tools he doesn't have in comparison. It's one thing to come in all guns blazing calling people stupid for having an opinion that doesn't match yours but it's another to, you know, actually explain why you think what you think about the matchups so you don't come across the wrong way. Insulting other people isn't going to help your case. Why do you think Cassie isn't advantageous? Why do you think he loses to Sub? Details man, details lol. For example, I don't see why Cyber would lose 6-4 to Grandmaster simply because GM doesn't get to have a clone game anywhere outside the corner. Cyber's constant knives are a problem for GM despite damage because he can't do what he wants as easily which is get a clone out. It's only really when Cyber's stuck in the corner that Cyber has a real problem I feel. But in saying all this I acknowledge that Sub can, with certain timing anyway, slide under knives so it's not like he has no options against it. I don't feel like even is too much of a stretch.

Khosrau

"Your mouth says Kay-No but your eyes say Kay-yes"
I'm probably just gonna mention what has been mentioned before in this thread, and try to keep it concise:

General fixes:

- Make up ball actually come out at 6f although it could be dependent on the distance.
- Whiffing issues with strings cancelled into ex knives (in Cutthroat and Commando) on crouching opponent with small hurt boxes, this is most noticeable in the corner. mostly Commando (specially b13 xx EX df2 )

Cybernetic:
- Cyber atm is in a good position and don't see problems with this variation other than f4 into laser where sometimes f4 lands but the laser afterwards whiffs but it's not a major issue imo

Cutthroat:
- This is also another solid variation of Kano and don't see any flaws, DoT can be a bit annoying at times but making comebacks with a pixel left of your life bar is worth it imo
- Perhaps Bloody slice (EX db1) could do more chip something like (2.20%,2.30%)

Commando:
- Perhaps can have more dmg output by giving him a real pop-up or if too generous the eye-laser from cybernetic . The pop-up they gave him from the last patch is useless other than reversing position with a little extra damage, you still get the most damage with cancelling the ex kano ball.
- and the ability to tick throw from one or more buttons or strings other than f33

And if NRS wants to be too generous to adjust the frames on a couple things like
7f s1 and 7f d3 it would be a good present for the kano community in 2016

Would appreciate to hear your thoughts