What's new

What is the difference between pre-patch Black Adam and Martian Manhunter?

What is the difference between pre-patch Black Adam and Martian Manhunter?

• The difference is that pre-patch Black Adam was better.

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • The difference is that Martian Manhunter is better.

Votes: 66 64.1%
  • There is no difference.

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

SkaGoogle

Tailgates & Tan-lines !
If mmh wasn't in this game and jupiter had to stick with superman do you really think he would have the same success? I admit jupiter is waay better than me but the real question is, is that because he is just really good or just uses a really good character? I think that truly after evo this game will be done. Mmh's are on the rise, I see more and more everyday on psn. everyone and their mama will have a pocket mmh. I'm warning you guys, this one character will be the death of injustice.

KingHippo

Alternative-Fact Checker
As fun as this thread is (and I assure you, I'm rolling) there is a bit of an issue that needs to be addressed.

Dave, every time you make a thread like this, you get blown up for all the right reasons. That's no surprise, of course, but I think you fail to see the underlying issue. For God knows whatever reason, you have some sort of a pull within the community and you consistently wipe your ass with that responsibility.

Every great "scare" in the game's life has been led by your bald head hoisting the javelin with said character on the pike. You constantly complain about how "THIS COMMUNITY" got DS nerfed and all your other precious zoning characters, yet you consistently (notice how I'm using this word a lot) ignore the fact that your witch hunt actually did get a character ruined and was the result of immense crying. Whether or not you think said character was broken, your whole goddamn mantra was that the characters you played were not given enough time to shine. I'll wait while you hurl a racial epithet at the kettle.

Now that you're back, let's also not ignore the fact that one of the things you rail about constantly is that you are playing Zod and demand props for the skill it takes to do so. You are always talking and never fucking doing. Viking is out there busting his ass trying to improve and do better with Zod, but we never get to hear what he has to say. Instead we get to hear you bitch and moan about how hard you're working and that Zod is done for in certain matchups.

At the end of the day, it's you and your whole brood's stigma of laziness and negativity that is so unbearable. Lose a set online and it is 8-2, with no options whatosever. Fuck what every one else has to say, the match is decided forever. You can knock him for his lack of skill or whatever horseshit that you say, but the kid is out there busting his ass doing offline sets and working out his theories. He posts a MU chart, and now apparently he's downplaying when it's super obvious that no one understands the character like he does and he has earned the right to display his character's matchups and have his opinion be heard and respected. But no, we have to hear this Fox-News style scare casting of you and the usual goon squad talking about how we need to realize how broken the character is.

So basically, instead of actually learning the game, finding out what your options are and basically not being a stubborn headed jackass, you might find enjoyment in ironing out the idiosyncrasies of a matchup, you just roll out the toxic language and contribute absolutely nothing to the discussion beyond fear mongering.

And I know there will be no comeuppance. I'm up against a storm that I cannot possibly navigate but I'll drown happily as long as I can firmly say what I believe. No one will deny that Martian Manhunter is good and he is probably pretty broken but the way you guys go about it is that the game is up and we should all just switch. Absolute garbage. I don't understand how guys like you bitch about the scene not having respect and then proceed to do nothing respectful that warrants positive reinforcement about our scene. No one gets to have a voice because you are the loudest. I actually went and got results with my character and people still base their basic DS opinions off of things you say, and that sort of awareness seems to completely fly over your head when you type out what you do. I don't get it, and I'm glad that I probably never will.

TL;DR: You're a goddamn disgrace

To be fair, would martian manhunter still not be the best character in the game if overhead teleport required a meterburn hitconfirm, so they don't actually have to commit to something and burn meter without getting the reward. This character just builds too much meter. If he had less meter he would also not be able to end his combos into interactables as often. I just think he would be a much better character design if overhead teleport required meter to combo.

VOR

Noob
Rico won't get the props he deserves because he's a pretty defensive player, plus he doesn't really do a lot of the nuttier BA setups. If he was more offensive and creative in his play, his naysayers and pre-patch BA haters would be saying a different story. Instead, he's just really solid and plays to the lamer aspects of the game, which I commend him for in the sake of diversity in these top 8's.

derOeler

Death comes to all!
if you dont believe me try picking up mmh and thinking of 5 things at the same time during the heat of battle. no other char requires the dexterity or constant reading and manipulation mmh does. all of his specials are manual and don't track so you have to be on point like no other
Best tracking special in the gamne INTO COMBO.
stfu plz.
everything i read from u is ret....d

derOeler

Death comes to all!
Can we please gather all the people who believe in the concept a character is fine as long as he is ''hard'' to use and burn them slowly to death? Seriously that shouldn't really be relevant at all. Congrats to jupiter for winning ECT and he didn't win because of MMH, this guy is ridiculous in blocking and punishing things. But to say that players like REO and Jupiter are just twice as good as every other top player and MMH doesn't play a factor is just stupid. People are just going to have to accept that the players who are the most suited with the style of the top tier characters are also going to be the ones that are going to win tournaments.
Wow. Exactly.
I was going to write something along those lines.
But it probably would have been censored or wiped of the forums anyway - as it happend before.
So, Thank you.

MMH is really good. However Jupiter appears to be getting away with murder. His non-meter burned orbs are far more effective than they should be at controlling space which leads me to believe that people still have a lot more leveling up to do in the matchup. I noticed Sonic starting to adjust to them and dash through them when he knew he had time and they wouldn't pop. I think as time goes on and more people become familiar with the matchup they will become less effective at controlling space and as such will make the matchup somewhat easier to deal with.

Paul the Octopus

Slow Starter
Pre patch Black Adam and Superman didn't kill player interest and solicit boos at Evo because they were too good relative to the rest of the cast. They got booed because they were painfully dull to watch and no one wanted to see black adam backdash and superman spam full screen lasers for hours. Plenty of games (nearly all) have clear cut number one characters - that's not enough to kill a game.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
Dave is a scrub but I agree on MMH being way too OP. He needs normalizing and this game will be a lot more balanced.

E

Eldriken

MMH is really good. However Jupiter appears to be getting away with murder. His non-meter burned orbs are far more effective than they should be at controlling space which leads me to believe that people still have a lot more leveling up to do in the matchup. I noticed Sonic starting to adjust to them and dash through them when he knew he had time and they wouldn't pop. I think as time goes on and more people become familiar with the matchup they will become less effective at controlling space and as such will make the matchup somewhat easier to deal with.
Agreed. It's like people don't know that regular orbs are NOT active right when they come out. It's like a thread needs to be made explaining this. It then needs to get front paged.

I'm not saying no one knows as there are others here who do. But it just seems like it's not common knowledge, which it should be.

Agreed. It's like people don't know that regular orbs are NOT active right when they come out. It's like a thread needs to be made explaining this. It then needs to get front paged.

I'm not saying no one knows as there are others here who do. But it just seems like it's not common knowledge, which it should be.
But the player that Jupiter is beating in top 8s aren't the average TYM players , pretty sure that 99% of them know about it .

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
Rico didn't have the complete meta in the time of pre patch Black Adam. Of course, it could be argued that the only "meta" he needed was to do 3 things. Those being MB low lightning, dive kick, and backdash. Because nothing is more hype than winning a match with all special moves.
And mmh needs to do more than trait, orb/pillar, and OH tele?

Briggs8417

Salt Proprietor of TYM
Edit: Made a post, but remembered I'm done talking about fighting games with people on this site...it hurts my brain too much. Carry on people...carry on.

Much love.

F4tal

Noob
Can anybody explain the difference between pre-patch Black Adam and Martian Manhunter to me? Can anybody explain to me why 90% of you hypocritical fools cried about pre-patch Black Adam yet justify Martian Manhunter? Can anybody explain to me why Rico Suave received little to no props for winning with pre-patch Black Adam while Jupiter is worshiped as a God?

Thanks.
Just move on and play the game. NRS is done with done patching this game.

WakeUp DP

GT MK OshTekk.
To be fair, would martian manhunter still not be the best character in the game if overhead teleport required a meterburn hitconfirm, so they don't actually have to commit to something and burn meter without getting the reward. This character just builds too much meter. If he had less meter he would also not be able to end his combos into interactables as often. I just think he would be a much better character design if overhead teleport required meter to combo.
Just make overhead tele drop punishable on block. Reduce the meter building a little and more cold down on trait and he will still be top 3 char.

Right now he makes the game look pretty scrubby and nullifies footsies.