What's new

What is the difference between pre-patch Black Adam and Martian Manhunter?

What is the difference between pre-patch Black Adam and Martian Manhunter?

• The difference is that pre-patch Black Adam was better.

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • The difference is that Martian Manhunter is better.

Votes: 66 64.1%
  • There is no difference.

Votes: 14 13.6%

• Total voters

NoobHunter420

Scrub God Lord
Jupiter getting the love?
what are you all talking about? he was getting booed by a lot of people
the break is always hoping for his defeat(Can't blame them).
that's the price of rolling with the best character in the game.
I will always wish failure upon mmh mains, unless Lord KDZ picks him up

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
As I have already said, I want buffs for Zod because he is very difficult to use and I should be rewarded for using a difficult-to-use character.

My suggestion is eight seconds of cool down on the trait.

Do you agree?
My suggestion is he's the 2nd best character in this game and is already pretty broken so what more do you need? A mere 2 second difference on trait cool down?

I personally think Grundy needs buffs because..... Grundy smash.
There are harder characters to pick up than MMH...
I think the only character in IGAU that's harder to pick up and be really good with other than MMH is Zatanna

Pre patch Scorpion was arguably the hardest character to play. He was footsie heavy, his teleport was highly punishable even when using meter, his zoning was mediocre, couldn't rushdown just counter zone so he was in big trouble if someone like Doomsday rushed his ass. He needed so much skill to win it wasn't even funny, he was a thinking man's character. :DOGE

DevilMaySpy

Mama's Little Bumgorf
I am salty because you and the Bane community begged NRS for buffs. Now we have to deal with a character who has armor for 15 consecutive seconds.

I would not mind except that my characters were consistently getting normalized partially because of whiners of the Bane forum.
The funny thing is everyone EXCEPT the Bane community asked to buff him.

Watch this (skip to 48 minutes in):

Reo: "Do you guys think DLC should be top-tier minimum?"
Pig: "well I think that's the business plan to make all DLC characters top tier because its a sale tactic to get you to buy that so you can be a dominating force online
Reo: "Yes, I do think so (they should be top-tier)
M2Dave: "They should be top 10 because, I mean, who wants to pay money for bad characters?"

Pig: "well I think that's the business plan to make all DLC characters top tier because its a sale tactic to get you to buy that so you can be a dominating force online
M2Dave: "They should be top 10 because, I mean, who wants to pay money for bad characters?"
LIIIIIT!

Killphil

A prop on the stage of life.
Rico didn't have the complete meta in the time of pre patch Black Adam. Of course, it could be argued that the only "meta" he needed was to do 3 things. Those being MB low lightning, dive kick, and backdash. Because nothing is more hype than winning a match with all special moves.

M2Dave

Zoning Master

Martian Manhunter would still be better than a top 10 character if the overhead teleport required meter.

But as I have said many times, I do not mind Martian Manhunter. I think he is perfectly fine if Zod gets less cool down on his trait.

Rico didn't have the complete meta in the time of pre patch Black Adam. Of course, it could be argued that the only "meta" he needed was to do 3 things. Those being MB low lightning, dive kick, and backdash. Because nothing is more hype than winning a match with all special moves.
Hype is subjective.

Besides, all Jupiter did against Sonic Fox was close orb and trait earlier today.

But if I showed up at last year's ECT doing nothing but low gunshots, you scrubs would be outraged.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
My suggestion is he's the 2nd best character in this game and is already pretty broken so what more do you need? A mere 2 second difference on trait cool down?

I personally think Grundy needs buffs because..... Grundy smash.

I think the only character in IGAU that's harder to pick up and be really good with other than MMH is Zatanna
Zatanna, Zod and Joker are a few I can think of that require higher levels of execution and skill to be really good with but I understand you might disagree

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Zatanna, Zod and Joker are a few I can think of that require higher levels of execution and skill to be really good with but I understand you might disagree
I agree with zatanna and joker. Zod is pretty execution heavy but I wouldnt say as much as joker and zatanna.

Youphemism

Gunslinger since pre patch (sh/out to The Farmer)
I agree with zatanna and joker. Zod is pretty execution heavy but I wouldnt say as much as joker and zatanna.
Yeah Zatanna and Joker are tough, for Zod I'm mainly thinking of insta-air zod balls, laser cancels, strings cancelled into trait grab and those insane-looking trait juggles he has. I'm sure Zod mains could elaborate better but that's what I can think of

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
Hmm, I was looking for my post in there where I told them to quit crying for buffs and learn to play the game, and then I got attacked because my main picture was GL. I'll have to find that someday.

Anyways, it wasn't me who asked for any buffs. @Doombawkz can confirm...

And who cares about zoning anyway.
Bane forum didn't ask for buffs after we got the dash buff. NRS decided we needed them or something.
Honestly I recall after him getting dash buffs I tried to say he was viable and you all pegged him bottom 2.
You brought this upon yourself, community.

HGTV Soapboxfan

"Always a Pleasure"
If people say Jupiter is only successful because of Martian manhunter, they are crazy. By the end of mk9 he was a force to be reckoned with. His success in this game now is undoubtedly a perfect storm of his continuously growing talent, confidence from his breakthrough, and a great understanding and connection with a great character.

Doombawkz

Trust me, I'm a doctor
@GGA Max
Looking at it, I thought about it and I see your point.

@General M2Dave
Come back when you have 3 common 2-8 MUs like we did. We Banes still have a 3-7, you don't see us making 50 trillion topics about Zatanna.
Actually, please pick up Bane and try to fight a half-decent MMH with him since you think its so easy for us.

Hell, try even fighting @Under_The_Mayo 's catwoman, its a 7-3 in your favor and I'll wager he still puts you under.

Srryimwhte

RM PTH
Can anybody explain the difference between pre-patch Black Adam and Martian Manhunter to me? Can anybody explain to me why 90% of you hypocritical fools cried about pre-patch Black Adam yet justify Martian Manhunter? Can anybody explain to me why Rico Suave received little to no props for winning with pre-patch Black Adam while Jupiter is worshiped as a God?

Thanks.
honestly the main reason rico was getting no credit is because it was early in the games life so no one knew how to deal with him deathstroke superman aquaman... and instead of learning people complained so by the time mmh was in the game people had methods to deal wit a lot of the bullshit he can do
but real talk
dave either spend more time actually grinding th emu out like pig or counter pick him end of story

RM NoBrows

Supah hawt fiyah
Yeah Zatanna and Joker are tough, for Zod I'm mainly thinking of insta-air zod balls, laser cancels, strings cancelled into trait grab and those insane-looking trait juggles he has. I'm sure Zod mains could elaborate better but that's what I can think of
Yea I know what you mean. Insta airs aren't that hard to do, but it's hard to do it consistently. As for cancels, for me that's really easy cuz I play Grundy and a huge part of his game is his WCC

UsedForGlue

"Strength isn't everything"
Can anybody explain the difference between pre-patch Black Adam and Martian Manhunter?
I think you are being too general as Rico did receive props amongst the players in the community that are not jealous or carry an ulterior motive, there is no point accounting for minority of fools, as you would say.

Jupiter receives the same treatment yes, he is also a good player, with top defence, with MU and game knowledge on top of using a good character. But, you can't seriously look at his gameplay today, watching what he did in grand finals and say that he isn't a top player, It would be questionable to disagree.
MMH is really strong yes, and I have no doubt if another patch arrives, he will be toned down, just like Bats, SM, Aqua, BA etc. I also know that Jupiter doesn't down play, and anyone that does that for MMH should be have their FG knowledge seriously questioned.