What's new

What features/balance changes/5th char would you like to see in USF4?

AK-Israel

I'm Back
both joker and adon have very low jump arcs so i love jumping around with them, free jumps all day
Different between joker and adon is adon can actually compete at high level with or without the opponent knowing the matchup The Joker can't.....smh poor Joker #Bottom 2 4 life

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I feel kind of bad for the Fei Long nerfs though. Fei was a great character, but didn't rely on a series of 50/50's like Cammy, Gouki or Seth. I feel that he was just exceptional at mid-range. His first Rekka is -4 at best, but he'll soon have to compete with Yang, whose first Slash is -2 on block and can be cancelled from cr.MK. Fei Long's Ultras didn't add much to his gameplay either.

Duck Nation

Dicks with a future
Capcom doesn't want any of the New Challengers to ever be high tier. If they are by accident, they'll get nerfed. Cammy is the only one of them to escape that curse, and she's wearing a thong.

James Chen raised a valid concern about Red Focus.

What if we can safe jump then blockstring cr.mk xx fireball RFADC lv2 RF for a guaranteed unscaled combo? lol. Yeah it would cost 4 meters but it would be guaranteed 300-400+ damage on block.

If that happens then everyone will be Joker tier like Green Arrow. :joker:

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
i want 5th char to be Charlie or Alex.
Too bad they're gonna add a brand new char ;__;.
btw can i call USF4 SF5 now?

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
I don't like that Red Focus at all...it's a gamble after, in some cases, and a useless mechanic. The meta was fine! Just get rid of the unblockables and nerf/buff.

Geez...

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
Double Ultra Combos will heavily favor characters who were previously forced to use their anti-fireball Ultra instead of their ideal ultra.
I really like that, the matchups will change deffo. However if we chose the W ultra mode the ultras even at full bar will deal less damage, which I think is a fair trade.

OnlineRon91

Joker++
I really like that, the matchups will change deffo. However if we chose the W ultra mode the ultras even at full bar will deal less damage, which I think is a fair trade.

Yeap. Some people are calling broken but are forgetting that if you use your Ultra 2, you need to recharge again for Ultra 1 lol It's not like they will be on separate meters.

Characters using UCD are going to be really scary lol.

T4T|Nevan

"Burn baby! Burn!"
People see "COMBOFIEND SAID YOU CAN USE 2 ULTRAS IN THE SAME MATCH!!! OMG1010110101" then forget to read the rest of it xD

The meta of the game is shifting, I don't like that Red Focus right now, smells like a gamble in the situations that in thinking.

Skkra

PSN: Skkra
I like double ultras at the cost of damage. It'll particularly help some characters who will greatly benefit from having the options - Chun, Deejay, Dan, THawk all come to mind immediately... maybe Cody, Blanka, Dhalsim, more?

Not really sure how I feel about the red focus. I think focus is OK as is, though so far Capcom has made and supported a great game... I can only imagine they're already internally committed to 1-2 more patches over the next year or three, considering the amount of content being added the tweaks being made. Vulcan Hades, I agree with The James Chen Concern; you'd think that Capcom has thought of that thought.

AK-Israel

I'm Back
I have one thing and only one thing to said : Zangief can protect the russian skies and ground from invaders now........good luck guys your gonna need it.

Skeptical on the red focus, cna't wait to see what lame jokes the stream monsters make on that lol. Still, interesting vid, hope it doesn't upset the balance of the game too much (as well as double ultras).

Gurpwnder

Saikyo Student
I don't think having two ultras at once is going to change much for most of the cast. For example, VS Ryu - many characters would just stick to their anti-projectile Ultras anyways to punish Ryu really hard for a poor fireball.

I don't know how much having both ultras will lower the damage by, but if they lower it by 30%, that means Zangief's U1 will do 357 maximum instead of 510 and U2 will do 315 instead of 450 max. In that case, I'd rather just pick U2 and use my regular ground grabs instead.

The only characters I see benefiting from both ultras are Makoto, since both will give her some much needed (but still risky) defensive options, along with Fei Long + Cammy who can intimidate people with a locked and loaded U2 while still being able to add damage off a Dragon Kick FADC.