What's new

Question What does "Rush Down" Freddy mean?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Why don't you all shut up before I kick all of your asses. =O

*goes back to playing Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire*
I honestly think some of these people who have been saying that Freddy can rush down need to be asked to apologize in this thread.

Dave u truely are a dumbass i dont see how any other freddy players in this community kiss ur ass when u constantly talk down on a majority of them because they havent adapted ur style of play with the character, ur attitude alone completely dissipates any of ur accomplishments with the character, i never said my style with freddy is completly rushdown, i go in when i need to against certain characters, it all depends on the matchups, take the match vs winterwarz i didnt wanna be anywhere near that character 4 the simple fact eating 1 net,getting caught wit 1 mixup would cost me the match, there are matches that freddy benefits from by going 50/50 in zoning and pressure, and then theres matches where he benefits from 80% zoning 20% pressure, i never zone 100% for the simple fact if i have an opening 4 max damage i take it. If u would have attended mlg dallas u wouldnt have placed top 8 with the character i can guarantee u that, and i doubt you will be placing top 16 at nec...as more ppl are learning the matchup.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
I honestly think some of these people who have been saying that Freddy can rush down need to be asked to apologize in this thread.
he doesn't have any strings that are relatively safe on block, dude? In the short time i been messing with him, I noticed F+4,1,2 seems to have decent priority....what's the frame data for it on block? Maybe 2,2?

(don't ridicule me, i'm just throwing ideas out there LOL)

....i never zone 100% for the simple fact if i have an opening 4 max damage i take it.
This should be a rule of thumb for every player regardless of the character they use. I don't understand why anyone would want to NOT take max-damage% when it's free.

Dave u truely are a dumbass i dont see how any other freddy players in this community kiss ur ass when u constantly talk down on a majority of them because they havent adapted ur style of play with the character, ur attitude alone completely dissipates any of ur accomplishments with the character, i never said my style with freddy is completly rushdown, i go in when i need to against certain characters, it all depends on the matchups, take the match vs winterwarz i didnt wanna be anywhere near that character 4 the simple fact eating 1 net,getting caught wit 1 mixup would cost me the match, there are matches that freddy benefits from by going 50/50 in zoning and pressure, and then theres matches where he benefits from 80% zoning 20% pressure, i never zone 100% for the simple fact if i have an opening 4 max damage i take it. If u would have attended mlg dallas u wouldnt have placed top 8 with the character i can guarantee u that, and i doubt you will be placing top 16 at nec...as more ppl are learning the matchup.
WTB Periods

Maxter makes the best point i am by no means an accomplished freddy but i play with DarKNaTaS a lot and i have seen Viper run his freddy as well as @burymeinblack the only reason you can say that you are the more accomplished freddy is because you have been able to travel the most but most freddys out there actually play a mix of both cause honestly JC match up its good to zone unless you can can an ex claw but like maxter said rush vs cyrax works cause it takes away cyrax tools. honestly though dave you need to be more open minded to posibilites cause thats how you grow as a fighter and learn the smoke mu

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
2, 2 is -13, f4,2,1 is -7, f4 and f4,2 are -5 meaning you're getting pressured back.
-5 doesn't seem too bad. If I'm understanding how frame data works, doesn't that mean if it is blocked someone with a 6-frame attack would have 1 frame to punish, right? Or am I totally ass-backwards?

-5 doesn't seem too bad. If I'm understanding how frame data works, doesn't that mean if it is blocked someone with a 6-frame attack would have 1 frame to punish, right? Or am I totally ass-backwards?
No, it means that a 6 frame move can't punish it. A 5-frame move could, but there are no offensive moves that are that fast.

1man3letters

Alpha Tarkatan - Moderator
Why defer to someone else if you clearly can't provide proof that Baraka is a zoner beyond getting blown up by one zoning Baraka player. If I was you I would ask 1man3letters for his opinion on this, unless you can conjure up this great Baraka zoner?
baraka has tools to control space on the screen, he can keep you away from him just like projectile zoning would,turtle out a life lead and such but the only really thing spark is good for in most mu is trades,the recovery is very poor indeed so projectiles not main part to his zoning/space control.
thats why chars who can outzone him projectile wise where he cant trade or chars that deny him his spacing control/footsies game beat him hard. kang and radien be an example of each

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
No, it means that a 6 frame move can't punish it. A 5-frame move could, but there are no offensive moves that are that fast.
They're one frame off to punish.
Then unless I am totally missing something, that would qualify as a useful rushdown/pressure tool, right?
baraka has tools to control space on the screen, he can keep you away from him just like projectile zoning would,turtle out a life lead and such but the only really thing spark is good for in most mu is trades,the recovery is very poor indeed so projectiles not main part to his zoning/space control.
thats why chars would can outzone him projectile wise where he cant trade or chars that deny him his spacing control/footsies game beat him hard. kang and radien be a example of each
Thank you. :)

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
He's not a dumbass he's a fool.

xInfra Deadx

Gimmick stolen by Jordan Peele
Then unless I am totally missing something, that would qualify as a useful rushdown/pressure tool, right?
No. Being negative means the opponent can move beforeyou and you're suspectibe to pressure. Using Cage as an example, if you're -5 while right next to him, you have a 4 frame gap (Cage's f3 being mid and 9 frames)to armor out.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
No. Being negative means the opponent can move beforeyou and you're suspectibe to pressure. Using Cage as an example, if you're -5 while right next to him, you have a 4 frame gap (Cage's f3 being mid and 9 frames)to armor out.
so 9 frames being 4 frames of attack animation and -5 on block or 9 frames of attack animation ? I'm not sure I understand this shit....also, if something is unpunishable on block, then how could it not be useful ? You're saying they can MOVE but they can't do any attacks? Anything that is -6 or more is punishable or would it have to be -7 to punish on the just-frame cuz -6 still can't be punished with a 6 frame attack?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I also zone, play footsies, and rush down depending on the match up. But haters in this community have defined me as a player who only knows how to zone. The fact of the matter is that I can do everything. I have used Freddy even when he was tournament illegal. I have the most experience. I know all the match ups. Unlike you I even use Freddy in his difficult match ups (i.e., Kung Lao, Smoke). I was the first one to place top 8 at a major tournament with the character. I am true Freddy main. I am the most complete Freddy player there is. You owe me an apology.

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
Pig Of The Hut why do you keep capitalizing random O's? Just something I noticed lol
Because I write all my posts on iPhone and the issue is this

Either a script interrupts my post so when I start again it capitalizes first letter or I type a word that isn't English and to defy autocorrect I have to capitulize last letter of a word like nooB to beat autocorrect

Spletty

Grandmaster
Because I write all my posts on iPhone and the issue is this

Either a script interrupts my post so when I start again it capitalizes first letter or I type a word that isn't English and to defy autocorrect I have to capitulize last letter of a word like nooB to beat autocorrect
Ah gotcha, just a random observation, carry on lol

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...
I like how you ignore that Ohio has the two time Evolution champion. VSM being the best is highly debatable.

Besides, your opinion on anything is questionable. You had no clue how to fight a zoning Freddy until we played in Raleigh. Scar made you believe that Freddy plays like Sonya or something.

REO, I think @Osu 16 Bit wants to do GGA vs. VSM at NEC.

Also, I think anybody who says Freddy can rush down does not know anything about the character. I want to see a rush down Freddy player place top 8 at a major tournament only using Freddy, which will never happen because the vast majority of you suck with the character.
lol pl is in his own.. he does not train with yall.. i consider him his own region...

and why am i talking to you ??? you are a ZONER RIGHT???? then how the Hell do you lose to a CAGE! 3-0???? lmao... i know its dizzy.. but still its a pretty bad match up! you cant call yourself a zoning master and lose to a cage 3-0!!!
and you beat me in casuals.. congrats.. Lol