What's new

Question What does "Rush Down" Freddy mean?

M2Dave

Zoning Master
I keep reading on these forums how Freddy has a very good rush down game. For example, Maxter says Freddy's 50/50 mix ups are one of the very best and he encourages Freddy players to use them versus Cyrax while SatsuiYesHadou claims that Freddy's offensive game is as good as Liu Kang's. Some players in the community like w1nter warz also talk about a "complete" Freddy? My question is, what is a "complete" Freddy? What is a "rush down" Freddy? I have been wondering for a long time, what do people mean by these terms?

Being the most experienced and accomplished Freddy player thus far, I have already proven that "rush down" Freddy is a myth when I zoned my way to the top 8 at Evolution 2012. I have talked about Freddy's 50/50 mix ups in the past. I have said that they do poor damage and regular close spike is -13 on block with no push back. I have also talked about Freddy's lack of advantage on normal attacks on block (see the frame data thread by Somberness).

With that said, who can help answer these questions for me? Who is a "complete" Freddy player in your opinion? Who is the best "rush down" Freddy player? Who is the best overall Freddy player? Of course, my belief is that some of you are either trolling, ignorant, anti-zoning zealots, or VSM rush down fools. Nonetheless, perhaps there is some common ground to be found in this thread.

Thank you.

M2Dave

Zoning Master
The Freddy Moderator calling his own character community out?

*gets popcorn*
I am not calling out anybody. I am trying to keep this thread peaceful unlike the previous one.

I just want answers to some of these questions that have been raised by some members, especially VSM. Is VSM salty that I have accomplished more with Freddy than CD Sr. and DarKNaTaS? Is VSM still salty that three Ohio players placed top 8 at Evolution 2012 and only one VSM player? Is VSM salty that CD Jr. had to copy Perfect Legend to beat Kabal?

Thank you.

GamerBlake90

Blue Blurs for Life!
I am not calling out anybody. I am trying to keep this thread peaceful unlike the previous one.

I just want answers to some of these questions that have been raised by some members, especially VSM. Is VSM salty that I have accomplished more with Freddy than CD Sr. and DarKNaTaS? Is VSM still salty that three Ohio players placed top 8 at Evolution 2012 and only one VSM player? Is VSM salty that CD Jr. had to copy Perfect Legend to beat Kabal?

Thank you.
I know, man, I was joking. :D

On a serious note, in my experience against Freddy players - well, okay, limited experience - I wouldn't write off the character's rushdown options. But I am in no position to talk, so I will let the rest of the users have their discussion.

I keep reading on these forums how Freddy has a very good rush down game. For example, Maxter says Freddy's 50/50 mix ups are one of the very best and he encourages Freddy players to use them versus Cyrax while SatsuiYesHadou claims that Freddy's offensive game is as good as Liu Kang's. Some players in the community like w1nter warz also talk about a "complete" Freddy? My question is, what is a "complete" Freddy? What is a "rush down" Freddy? I have been wondering for a long time, what do people mean by these terms?

Being the most experienced and accomplished Freddy player thus far, I have already proven that "rush down" Freddy is a myth when I zoned my way to the top 8 at Evolution 2012. I have talked about Freddy's 50/50 mix ups in the past. I have said that they do poor damage and regular close spike is -13 on block with no push back. I have also talked about Freddy's lack of advantage on normal attacks on block (see the frame data thread by Somberness).

With that said, who can help answer these questions for me? Who is a "complete" Freddy player in your opinion? Who is the best "rush down" Freddy player? Who is the best overall Freddy player? Of course, my belief is that some of you are either trolling, ignorant, anti-zoning zealots, or VSM rush down fools. Nonetheless, perhaps there is some common ground to be found in this thread.

Thank you.
I think you could use Nightmare Stance more when I watch you play.

Son ov Timett

Bork, No Jin
Thanks mate, it's good to be known for something. :)

Aye. Several months back he was simply rushing down, excessively using meter for pressure situations, and what not. Since then he's become more well rounded by adopting the style that you brought to the fore, along with intermittent rush down. Nightmare Stance is heavily incorporated in his play as well.

BTK HYENA

Fuck you; fight me.
Oh, another exciting installment of M2Dave's Masturbatory Threads? Oh, boy! I was wondering what I was going to read all day today. :)

Flagg

Noob
Every character can zone to a degree and every character can fight up close to a degree.

If Freddy wasn't designed to fight up-close, why give him overheads, low starters, all that can be linked into ex claw?

You refuse to evolve m2Dave. You're like the republican tea party in that sense. If you're losing to Smoke players, it's your fault.

Flagg

Noob
I've played ABACABB Freddy and its pretty good. He's predominately a zoning player and if he get's me at full screen, the frame traps start coming, BUT there are times when he is forced to play up-close.

There was a match at MLG where Dizzy won by throwing an ex fireball from full screen at a opponent waking up for the chip victory. I can't remember who it was against, but can you imagine if he decided to try and run across instead for upclose pressure.

To be honest, for a zoning character, Freddy has some extremely good up close tools. How many zoners outside of Lui Kang and Kabal can say that?

Cat

This guy looks kind of tuff...

Thank you.
Lol. You make top 8 once and act like you are a god. Vsm has won and made more top 8s than you can count. Lbsh vsm is the most successful team thus far.

SatsuiYesHadou

Yung Kneecaps
You fail to see the true potential of your character. I'm just giving my thoughts on how much better freddy can be and how much better you can be if footsies was added on top of your style other than ex hell away. But no me and Maxter are a couple of fools. Hey if it works for you though then I guess it works. No one is telling you how to play your character just saying things that could help improve. Pig Of The Hut has mastered zoning with kenshi and is now taking the next step to further his character. Once someone finally gets in on him he is prepared for it and then they have to deal with his offense which could lead to being knocked back out for another battle just to get back in. He has nearly conquered the kenshi vs kabal match up maybe you could do the same with freddy vs smoke instead of calling them cowards all the time.

Dave calls the smoke community cowards yet refuses to play ribbz and I, the best smokes in Ohio, in the matchup. His cowardice knows no bounds and he admits he does not know the matchup as well as he should. I am disappointed in you, Dave. Good luck evolving this late in the game, you will become a true master when you fully abuse his STUPIDLY good normals and stop crumbling under close pressure. I can teach you these things but you must stop teleporting away, I'll keep smoke drifting my way back to you

Until KH overthrows them. :D

Yeah, I said it.
lol good one.

to answer one of the questions, a complete freddy is one that absorbs androids 17 and 18 and his power level exceeds 9000 thus allowing him to match even goku in hand to hand combat or destroy the planet with his zoning... wait a minute... that's cell. i'll just say i dont know then, but from what i hear @Scar has a good freddy

lol good one.

to answer one of the questions, a complete freddy is one that absorbs androids 17 and 18 and his power level exceeds 9000 thus allowing him to match even goku in hand to hand combat or destroy the planet with his zoning... wait a minute... that's cell. i'll just say i dont know then, but from what i hear @Scar has a good freddy
l disagree; a complete Freddy is one who is able to Freddy Finger the female fighters consistently and with minimal trouble. :p

I think trying to develop Freddy Krueger's up-close game, even if it does not seem to match the potency of his zoning, is essential to having even more of a beastly Freddy than before, m2. Like how Pig is developing Kenshi's close-kombat game, as Satsui stated before. See how a zoner named Noob Saibot is played by Madzin, who is not so proficient in the zoning department as he is in close-ranged kombat. He plays a very footsies-based Noob and he succeeds with him. If Madzin has revealed the power of a proper close-ranged Saibot, what is a proper close-kombat Freddy capable of?

REO

Undead

Thank you.
You know, m2dave, you're like a brother to me in this community and someone who I have known for six years, but enough is enough. I am really sick and tired with the way you treat VSM with constant disrespect and belittlement. You avoid money matches with me at tournaments, and your precious mid-west elites are always the ones to make team tournaments with NY not happen at events. I am challenging you to team clash at NEC, NY's best against any mid-west line-up you can manage. After you guys get your back blown out, I want all of you to personally kiss every team NY member's hand and say we are superior. I want this to be streamed so everyone can be a witness.

With that said, I will tag in Maxter so he can properly defend himself and CDsr.

prospic

Noob
Its about taking risk and not to be a coward. People know kung laos down hat and spin is punishable when is. Blocked. Why PL and other high players still do it? Its about good reads and taking risk. Therefore....grow up!

Pig Of The Hut

Day 0 Phenomenal Dr. Fate and Darkseid player
m2dave

There's nO reason to do a claw on block unless hit confirmed

Better option when they block is NMS 2/3/4 which are safe or teleport to setup ur next rush down move

Ex tear on smoke works well in-between his strings granting 50/50 mix up. U can even tear drop then poke a potential shake to grant yourself advantage and a mix up

SmOke is bad for Freddy but so is Lao for kenshi as well as kabal but u must unite w me in growing a pair to take down these evil cancer fiends

When they are defeated it makes your balls tingle and sends shivers down the spine of all those who have emphysema