What's new

Question What does "Rush Down" Freddy mean?

ABACABB

End Of Humanity
IMO complete freddy = zoning oriented freddy who can do combos , vortex , occasionally some mixups , knows what to do upclose if he have to :) This + pure zoning m2dave style are best and most effective ways to use him .

If you want to rush down play cage or jax and leave freddy alone :p

M2Dave

Zoning Master
Lol. You make top 8 once and act like you are a god. Vsm has won and made more top 8s than you can count. Lbsh vsm is the most successful team thus far.
I like how you ignore that Ohio has the two time Evolution champion. VSM being the best is highly debatable.

Besides, your opinion on anything is questionable. You had no clue how to fight a zoning Freddy until we played in Raleigh. Scar made you believe that Freddy plays like Sonya or something.

REO, I think @Osu 16 Bit wants to do GGA vs. VSM at NEC.

Also, I think anybody who says Freddy can rush down does not know anything about the character. I want to see a rush down Freddy player place top 8 at a major tournament only using Freddy, which will never happen because the vast majority of you suck with the character.

Maxter

Noob
Dave is no about rush down, is about playing a mid range game sometimes, making your opponents guess to jump to you to anti air them or they will eat a bunch of claws and projectiles, If you land a jumping punch Eddie can do 50% dmg combos and take a huge lead but everytime i see you landing a jumping punch you dont even finish a combo before you are on the other side of the screen with teleport, i've seen you losing matches cause of this bad habit with Eddie. I don't believe Eddie vs Smoke is that bad i see other Eddies players beating smokes just playing a better footsie game, but going full screen against this char will never give you a win.

SquirtMcGirt

Purple balls covering the screen
Insfead of rush down freddy, why dont we call it risky as fuck but fuck your couch if you guess wrong freddy lol. If you look at the frame data for freddy compared to the other characters that are considered rush down you'll see why dave says there is no such thing. Freddy does have a brutal 50/50 that can be made almost safe with meter. And his corner game is nuts with sweet dreams setups but he really isnt meant to be in your face all the time. If you get the chance, sure go for the big damage but freddy doesnt really want to be next to most of the cast. Granted he can escape almost anything with ex tele, but i agree with m2dave. I have tried playing a "rushdown" freddy and get bodied. Patient zoning is the way to go, his other stuff is just a nice bonus that gives him awesome comeback potential.

AREZ God of War

The Crazy BeastMaster
To be honest, for a zoning character, Freddy has some extremely good up close tools. How many zoners outside of Lui Kang and Kabal can say that?
Kitana, Mileena, Sektor, Baraka, Shang, Skarlett......
Dave is no about rush down, is about playing a mid range game sometimes, making your opponents guess to jump to you to anti air them or they will eat a bunch of claws and projectiles, If you land a jumping punch Eddie can do 50% dmg combos and take a huge lead but everytime i see you landing a jumping punch you dont even finish a combo before you are on the other side of the screen with teleport, i've seen you losing matches cause of this bad habit with Eddie. I don't believe Eddie vs Smoke is that bad i see other Eddies players beating smokes just playing a better footsie game, but going full screen against this char will never give you a win.
You get all F's on your report card for that post. Now you can take all those F's and put them in front of Eddy's name. :p

m2dave - I just started learning Freddy, so idk, but he seems like he has some decent combos thus far, but I guess if they are all highly punishable on block, it's not safe to use them for pressure which would explain why you only combo when people get close, then you get them away from you again after your combo.

m2dave I believe what people are referring to when they say "rush down Freddy" is to just do a damn combo and send them full screen instead of doing that stupid kick you do into run away flames.

Your style is fine but you fail to capitalize on your opponents mistakes because all you do is give them a slap on the wrist when you have the potential you drop a fucking anvil on their head.

When you are up close don't be so afraid, you can counter poke their pokes just like any other char and follow up with a string into flame away if that is your preferred exit strategy.

SquirtMcGirt

Oh the only thing I would like to see more of from Freddy players is b+3,3 hit confirmed into mid or ex spikes or tele away on block. Shit is nuts and makes half his 50/50 safe sort of lol.

SquirtMcGirt

When you are up close don't be so afraid, you can counter poke their pokes just like any other char and follow up with a string into flame away if that is your preferred exit strategy.
but thats the thing, freddys normals are balls slow compared to say a johnny cage or a kung lao or a sonya or a jax...so counter poking into freddys strings isnt that practical...