What's new

What are your other hobbies?

BDMao88

Filthy Casual
AeroGrunt wow that looks 100x better! That's really cool, I should try that! btw it's still called a turtle even though it's practically a tortoise haha.

Hemlock

Noob
Other than gaming, what do you do on your spare time?
I film stuff (short films, random stuff), take pictures of stuff, watch stuff (films) and try to write stuff (screenplays for my short films).
whoa awesome photography. I just started dabbling myself.

I am a musician and also like to get involved in other art forms (dance, painting, filmmaking, photography)

Also love skateboarding and biking.

Hemlock

Noob
If you need help with grading let me know and I'll do my best to teach you how to do it.
I'm going to make a flickr account one of these years (or is there a better site you recommend for photos?) and I'll show you my stuff. Would love to learn grading. I'm assuming that's way more than just brightness/contrast. I still have no idea was "levels" are.

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
I LOVE listening to funk music and hip-hop, but really I like almost everything, but I can't really get into country or dub-step. Funks my boogy down jam.

I really enjoy cooking. I love creating and trying new flavors, the aromas while cooking. I can be really creative with food so that's probably why I enjoy it so much.

I've always loved to paint and draw ever since I was little. I got really into the graffiti scene growing up. Had a group of friends who were my partners in artistic crime. My parents always thought it would be something I'd eventually grow out of, but nah man, that shit stays in your blood like a drug. Graffiti got me into hip-hop music and the whole culture I guess you could say. Spray paint would be my medium of choice, but I dabble in acrylics too.

Big nature guy. Absolutely love the outdoors and the wildlife. I'm gonna be one of those mountain men like in that t.v. show someday lol.

I'm a die hard NBA fan so whenever the season starts up that takes a lot of my time. Go Suns! :*(

And I really enjoy playing frisbee with my dog. It's relaxing and it's nice seeing that big smile on her face. I love my dog to death. <3

And I can't forget hanging out with good friends doing whatever kickin back with some beers or whatever. Always a good time.

Oh, also a big HORROR movie fan. Anything scary or crazy looking gets my interest.

Hemlock

Noob
Wemfs, you're going to be my new buddy. I like funk, hip-hop, graffiti, horror movies, NBA, and dogs!

What kind of funk music do you like? I love dancing so I love some of the popular 70s funk hits from K.C. and the Sunshine Band, Average White Band, and Earth, Wind, and Fire. Hip Hop: I like a lot of Anticon hip-hop as well as DefJux crew. NBA: Just recently became a Bucks fan, as I will be moving to WI soon! Horror Movies: faves are Sinister, The Ring, Friday the 13th, Rob Zombie's Halloween, and recently the Paranormal Activity series (just saw #4 two nights ago and loved it.)

Wemfs

The only morality in a cruel world is chance.
Wemfs, you're going to be my new buddy. I like funk, hip-hop, graffiti, horror movies, NBA, and dogs!

What kind of funk music do you like? I love dancing so I love some of the popular 70s funk hits from K.C. and the Sunshine Band, Average White Band, and Earth, Wind, and Fire. Hip Hop: I like a lot of Anticon hip-hop as well as DefJux crew. NBA: Just recently became a Bucks fan, as I will be moving to WI soon! Horror Movies: faves are Sinister, The Ring, Friday the 13th, Rob Zombie's Halloween, and recently the Paranormal Activity series (just saw #4 two nights ago and loved it.)
Haha! Sup new buddy!

As for funk, some off the top of my head are Bar-Kays, Fatback, The Dazz Band, One Way, The Brothers Johnson, K.C and the Sunshine Band, and Earth, Wind, and Fire of course. Nothing gets me dancing like funk!I like a lot of the old school and some recent hip-hop artists like KRS One, The Lost Boys, Lords of the Underground, Common Sense, Beastie Boys, Wu Tang, oh lord I can go on and on and on.

Oh my God I feel for you being a Bucks fan, but then again my team is horrible atm too. haha

Personal favorite horror movies are Childs Play, all the Nightmare on Elm Streets, The Evil dead 1 and 2, Hellraiser 1 and 2, Creepshow, Stephen Kings IT, Puppet Master, Halloween is a good one too.

Sasuga

Noob
Movies / Series.
Music although not many good albums come out anymore. I'm into Electro/Industrial/EBM and Rock and Metal.
I did programming a lot, I should pick it back up now that I can.
Hanging with the friends, drinking beer, smoking weed.
Festivals with friends.
Studying Japanese. Doing lots of Japanese reading lately.
And figuring out the meaning of life and over thinking my many, many sins while doing any of the above.

Fapping is too obvious to include, haha.

Hitoshura

Head Cage
Well, I've been out of the community for a while now. I just lurk on TYM from time to time however, I'm currently playing mk9 again to prepare for this up coming Summer Jam. So, I will just give a reason as to why I don't really play fighters competitively anymore. My hobbies!

I'm a studio art major at the college I attend. I tend to practice here and there to improve my composition, anatomy, and overall skill involving traditional media in art. I mainly draw and paint, but I used to sculpt from time to time. I'm a macabre artist who has come close to finding his particular style. #excited

I'm really big into music as well. My taste in music is vast and covers most genres, but my favorite genres to listen to are Progressive Metal/Death Metal/Metalcore/Rock. I'm huge into progressive music and tend to get inspired from listening to it. Other favorite genres of music include hip-hop, and ambient music. I have a large amount of favorite artists and bands, so I'll list a few of them below.

Top Fifteen Favorite Bands:
  1. Between the Buried and Me
  2. The Mars Volta
  3. Cynic
  4. Opeth
  5. Ulver
  6. The Faceless
  7. Inflames
  8. The Black Dahlia Murder
  9. The Ocean
  10. Meshuggah
  11. Mastodon
  12. Wolves in the Throne Room
  13. Pink Floyd
  14. Obscura
  15. Death
Top Ten Favorite Hip-Hop Artists/Groups:
  1. Aesop Rock
  2. Tyler, the Creator
  3. Earl Sweatshirt
  4. A Tribe Called Quest
  5. The Palmer Squares
  6. Eminem
  7. Wu-Tang Clan
  8. Nas
  9. The Pharcyde
  10. Kendrick Lamar
Favorite Ambient Artists:
  • Akira Yamaoka (Nough said)
I'm a die hard gamer. No, not your typical contemporary gamer who states he is a gamer, but only plays Call of Duty, and complains that games should all play like that. I actually have taste. I've been playing video games since I was a little kid, but never got engrossed in them until my teenage years. I owe it to my friend Joe for introducing me to a large variety of game series I would have never known of otherwise. My favorite gaming genres are survival horror, role playing games, and side scrolling platformers. Like above, I will list my favorite game titles below.

Current Top Fifteen Favorite Video Games:
  1. Killer7
  2. No More Heroes
  3. Silent Hill 3
  4. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne
  5. Metroid Prime
  6. Dark Souls
  7. Parasite Eve
  8. Jet Set Radio
  9. Resident Evil (Gamecube)
  10. Final Fantasy VI
  11. Shadow of the Colossus
  12. The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
  13. Ikaruga
  14. Castlevania: Rondo of Blood
  15. Dragon Quest VIII
*Takes a breather* That was difficult to make on the spot. I was going to make a top ten favorite games list, but that was proving to be most difficult.

I'm also into horror movies, mainly psychological horror films, but I enjoy a large amount of horror. I mainly watch imported horror movies because Americans can't make horror movies anymore.

Top Ten Favorite Horror Movies:
  1. The Thing (1972)
  2. Jacobs Ladder
  3. Seven
  4. The Shining
  5. In the Mouth of Madness
  6. Ju-On
  7. Rec
  8. Alien
  9. Shutter
  10. High Tension
I guess that's it, word.

Jon Berg

Noob
Still a very competitive player in Dota 2, so that soaks up a decent chunk of time
Although I retired from competing in paintball, I still grind it out with local teams basically every weekend
Play guitar, mostly metal and proggy stuff
And box 2-3 times a week.
Basically it.

Minh Giang

aka ChrsitianDMG on Stream
listening to rnr/metal, smoking, riding motorbike (in my country it's like 2/3 people use motorbike/scooter, and i don't even know how to ride a car :D, and motorbike, i mean real motorbike, not some scooter bullshit, i hate it), bartending (i'm a bartender),...

Temjiin

www.mkxframedata.com
Play lead guitar in a band, football (soccer to savages), photography, open water diving, travel, fucking LOVE natural history and herpetology. Fapping with wife.

Laughing at religion is also a favourite passtime.

OBS|KH Rattlehead

Accessibility consultant for Mortal Kombat 1.
Other than fighting games, I enjoy doing the following:
1. Follow up with European Soccer every season. Favorite team is Barcelona.
2. Read novels. Mostly horror and Suspense.
3. hanging out with friends and going to Karioke bars.
4. Chill with the gf watching movies or going out places.
5. Recording music.
6. Playing drums and jamming out with my heavy metal band and playing gigs.