What's new

Your top 10 favorite films of all time

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft

I'm sure there's plenty threads like this around but I didn't see one that was posted recently.
So basically, what are your top 10 favorite films of all time? Your top 10 doesn't have to be in order, I know I wont be able to specify the order of mine.

My Top 10 (July 2014):

1. 2001: A Space Odyssey

2. Kill Bill Vol. 1

3. Fargo

4. American Movie

5. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

6. 12 Angry Men

7. Taxi Driver

8. Barton Fink

9. Dead Alive

10. Antichrist

My Top 10 (June 2013):
1. Ghostbusters - Loved the film when I first saw it as a kid and still love it to this day. Granted not the most "artistic" film but will always stay in my top 10.

2. The Dark Knight - Went to see it 3 days in a row when it opened, blew me away and still does.

3. Pulp Fiction - I don't think I need to say anything about this one.

4. Back to the Future - Falls to the same category as Ghostbusters, loved it from a young age and still remains as one my all time favorites. This movie matches so many genres together and makes it work really well.

5. Apocalypse Now - No other war movie like this, a true masterpiece.

6. Alien - My all time favorite horror movie. The creepy atmosphere of the film speaks for itself and as a huge fan of practical effects I love it.

7. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - They used to show this on TV all the time when I was a kid, probably my most watched movie.

8. Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - This one only gets better every time I see it. Brilliant writing and some of the best fight scenes in recent cinema.

9. Fight Club - Inspirational film and one that really makes you think and consider your life.

10. Clerks II - I only recently watched this and it kept me laughing all the way through, my favorite comedy (close runner-up is Shaun of the Dead). If you're planning on watching it for the first time, I suggest watching the original Clerks first and then moving on to this one, as you will most likely miss some of the hilarious references to the first film.

Some honorable mentions
Biutiful, Zodiac, Aliens, Se7en, Django Unchained, Donnie Darko, American Psycho, Snatch., 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining, Halloween, Terminator 2, First Blood

So... That was my top 10. Looking forward to seeing all of your lists.

Last edited:

doomfarmer

unorthodox
Hmmmm off the top of my head, in no particular order...

Seven, The Big Lebowski, The Thing (1982), Pulp Fiction, Alien, Big Trouble In Little China, The Godfather, Pan's Labyrinth, Leon: The Professional, aaaand i'll throw in Beyond The Black Rainbow just cause i've watched it so many times this last year.

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
1. Space Jam - enough said.
2. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
3. Scott Pilgram vs. The World
4. Man of Steel
5. Ghostbusters
6. Back to the Future (1,2 & 3)
7. Pirates of the Caribbean
8. Superman II
9. American Beauty
10. Rush Hour

Czarface

#GiveBarakaAChance
In no particular order: (Except for #1)

1. Snatch
- American History X
- Black Hawk Down
- Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels
- Fight Club
- The Big Lebowski
- Saving Private Ryan
- Reservoir Dogs
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (I'm including both parts)
- The Usual Suspects

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
In no particular order: (Except for #1)

1. Snatch
- American History X
- Black Hawk Down
- Lock Stock & Two Smoking Barrels
- Fight Club
- The Big Lebowski
- Saving Private Ryan
- Reservoir Dogs
- Batman: The Dark Knight Returns (I'm including both parts)
- The Usual Suspects
That's a really solid list man, pretty much all my runner-ups haha.

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Mullholland Drive
Kill Bill 1
American Beauty
The Green Mile
Fight Club
Pulp Fiction
Donnie Brasco
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
The Departed

Those are the ones i can think of right now but there are so many i forgot. But these are deffenitly on my top 20 list. Im also like David Lynch his movies alot, Mullholland Drive is so good it made me be more open for the lesser known movies.

And Kill Bill 1...oh my gawd that movie had a godlike soundtrack and was so good i probbaly watched it 15 times already.

Also worth mentioning, Borat is probably my all time favorite comedy movie

Edit: omg and The Deer Hunter how can i forget about that movie.

loogie

Noob
I'm sure there's plenty threads like this around but I didn't see one that was posted recently.
So basically, what are your top 10 favorite films of all time? Your top 10 doesn't have to be in order, I know I wont be able to specify the order of mine.

My Top 10:

1. Ghostbusters - Loved the film when I first saw it as a kid and still love it to this day. Granted not the most "artistic" film but will always stay in my top 10.

2. The Dark Knight - Went to see it 3 days in a row when it opened, blew me away and still does.

3. Pulp Fiction - I don't think I need to say anything about this one.

4. Back to the Future - Falls to the same category as Ghostbusters, loved it from a young age and still remains as one my all time favorites. This movie matches so many genres together and makes it work really well.

5. Apocalypse Now - No other war movie like this, a true masterpiece.

6. Alien - My all time favorite horror movie. The creepy atmosphere of the film speaks for itself and as a huge fan of practical effects I love it.

7. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly - They used to show this on TV all the time when I was a kid, probably my most watched movie.

8. Kill Bill: Vol. 1 - This one only gets better every time I see it. Brilliant writing and some of the best fight scenes in recent cinema.

9. Fight Club - Inspirational film and one that really makes you think and consider your life.

10. Clerks II - I only recently watched this and it kept me laughing all the way through, my favorite comedy (close runner-up is Shaun of the Dead). If you're planning on watching it for the first time, I suggest watching the original Clerks first and then moving on to this one, as you will most likely miss some of the hilarious references to the first film.

So... That was my top 10. Looking forward to seeing all of your lists.
I watched Clerks2 13 times in total. Best comedy ever.

AeroGrunt

Stay Puft
Mullholland Drive
Kill Bill 1
American Beauty
The Green Mile
Fight Club
Pulp Fiction
Donnie Brasco
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
The Departed

Those are the ones i can think of right now but there are so many i forgot. But these are deffenitly on my top 20 list. Im also like David Lynch his movies alot, Mullholland Drive is so good it made me be more open for the lesser known movies.
Oh god yes, Mulholland Drive is so awesome. Seen all of those except American Beauty (have it on DVD but still haven't watched) and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Need to get around to watching those. :)

The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Toxic Avenger
Groundhog Day
Punch-Drunk Love
Boogie Nights
The Elephantman
Once Upon A Time In The west
Death Wish
Unforgiven
The Dark Knight

^^fuuu another Death Wish fan. Mr. Kersey thanks you.

double edit: You like Valley Girl huh? I've had a crush on Elizabeth Daly since I was a kid because of that movie (and Pee Wees Big Adventure)

Hellbringer

1 2 3 drink
Oh god yes, Mulholland Drive is so awesome. Seen all of those except American Beauty (have it on DVD but still haven't watched) and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Need to get around to watching those. :)
You wont be dissapointed thats for damn sure. American Beauty has left me with my wide mouth open at the end of the movie, my brain was processing all the awesomeness that i just watched. And Eternal Sunshine of The Spotless Mind is such a masterpiece.

Lumpymoomilk

Online Punching Bag
I have too many favorites, but a few come to mind
The Illusionist
Waiting
Perfume: story of a murderer
Snatch
Star Wars return of the Jedi
Next (a surprisingly good movie with Nicholas Cage where he doesn't act like a crazy person for a change)
Catch Me if you Can
Cloverfield
Kill Bill
V for Vendetta

SoundsLikePAUSE

Neptune's Beard!!!
American Beauty is fantastic. Definitely not the kind of movie I usually watch, but I'm glad I did.

Lord Beef

Death Metal and Trance
In no particular order:

Goodfellas
The Fifth Element
Kill Bill
Reservoir Dogs
Pulp Fiction
Snatch
Revolver
The Departed
Fight Club
Terminator 2

Honorable Mention to
The Matrix
V for Vendetta
Back to the Future II
Pandorum
SlingBlade
American Beauty

ryublaze

Noob
1. Transformers
2. X-Men: First Class
3. The Amazing Spider-Man
4. Batman Begins
5. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
6. Terminator Salvation
7. Chronicle
8. Daredevil
9. Cloverfield
10. Ghost Rider

idc what anyone says. I like underrated movies, while other movies are hella overrated *cough* The Avengers *cough*

1. Transformers
2. X-Men: First Class
3. The Amazing Spider-Man
4. Batman Begins
5. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
6. Terminator Salvation
7. Chronicle
8. Daredevil
9. Cloverfield
10. Ghost Rider

idc what anyone says. I like underrated movies, while other movies are hella overrated *cough* The Avengers *cough*

Ghostrider and Daredevil aren't underrated, they're trash. I'm not dogging on you for liking them, but your definition of underrated is a bit off.

GreenLantern Ri

In Brightest Day...
1. Fight Club
2. Se7en
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Troy
5. Boondock Saints
6. Natural Born Killers
7. Pulp Fiction
8. The Dark Knight
9. Man of Steel
10. Shutter Island

Honorable Mentions: Saving Private Ryan, Big Lebowski, American History X, Memento, Now You See Me, A Clockwork Orange.

ryublaze

Noob
Special mentions: Mortal Kombat, Godzilla, Jurrasic Park, Planet of the Apes, Limitless, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, Digimon the Movie, Pokemon the First Movie

oh the nostalgia