What's new

Welp... Ronda Rousey confirmed?

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I can't say I know why some of you hate her so much.
I dislike Ronda Rousey with a passion. You can't even imagine. True MMA fans in general dislike Ronda Rousey with a passion, while people who haven't seen much of her and only got to perceive her as this "pioneer of strong women in sports" viewed her as a regular person.

But if you would have followed her career in MMA you would have seen the actual truth. Ronda Rousey is a horrible person and a bully. She was incredibly distasteful and obnoxious towards her opponents. Bullying them, insulting them, talking trash behind their backs. She was aggressive towards their trainers and trying to pick up fights with them. She tried picking up fights with men. She entertained the idea of beating the crap out of Floyd Mayweather. (Now don't get me wrong, that little wife-beating midget would have deserved it, but she wouldn't have been able to come close to that.)

She was sold as the white and female Mike Tyson by the promoters and casuals bought into it. Every true MMA fan knew that once she stopped fighting soccer moms, who tried making money with the obscurity of Womens MMA she would get her head smashed in. And once she faced true high level opponents, she tried to bully them into submission as well. They didn't care about her stick, went with her intot he Octagon and absolutely annihilated her. They didn't even struggle. They just beat the living fuck out of her.
And what did Rousey do? She disappeared from the face of the Earth. She never gave a proper and raw interview on either loss. The only thing she accepted were crafted interviews on BS talkshows, where she got to say what she wanted to say. She is the worst loser imaginable. Decent people, true fighters and so on... They take the loss. They hold their head up high and promise to themselves and their fans that they will return better than ever. Rousey did none of that. She cried in her pillow and ran from the world. She showed how mentally weak she was, when it mattered. But when she was on the top with all the Yes-Men around her, she had zero issues smearing her own persona into the face of others.

God damn, Ronda Rousey makes me mad.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I think it's less about reaching out to the current NRS community, and instead about trying to reach a potential new audience in the MMA and WWE communities.
Don’t even bother trying to explain this to this crowd.

These are the people who wonder why guest characters are in every game despite the insane sales numbers and players they pull in each and every time.

Crimea

Noob
I don't get the "But we have Cassie now. Old bitch should retire" shit.
Tekken has Heihachi, Kazuya, Jin and Asuka in the same games and it never was a problem.
Sonya is the first MK lady learn some respect.
I think somewhere in the future NRS will reboot MK from the ground and know what? there will be Sonya and not Cassie.

About this Ronda girl... I don't know her.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I dislike Ronda Rousey with a passion. You can't even imagine. True MMA fans in general dislike Ronda Rousey with a passion, while people who haven't seen much of her and only got to perceive her as this "pioneer of strong women in sports" viewed her as a regular person.

But if you would have followed her career in MMA you would have seen the actual truth. Ronda Rousey is a horrible person and a bully. She was incredibly distasteful and obnoxious towards her opponents. Bullying them, insulting them, talking trash behind their backs. She was aggressive towards their trainers and trying to pick up fights with them. She tried picking up fights with men. She entertained the idea of beating the crap out of Floyd Mayweather. (Now don't get me wrong, that little wife-beating midget would have deserved it, but she wouldn't have been able to come close to that.)

She was sold as the white and female Mike Tyson by the promoters and casuals bought into it. Every true MMA fan knew that once she stopped fighting soccer moms, who tried making money with the obscurity of Womens MMA she would get her head smashed in. And once she faced true high level opponents, she tried to bully them into submission as well. They didn't care about her stick, went with her intot he Octagon and absolutely annihilated her. They didn't even struggle. They just beat the living fuck out of her.
And what did Rousey do? She disappeared from the face of the Earth. She never gave a proper and raw interview on either loss. The only thing she accepted were crafted interviews on BS talkshows, where she got to say what she wanted to say. She is the worst loser imaginable. Decent people, true fighters and so on... They take the loss. They hold their head up high and promise to themselves and their fans that they will return better than ever. Rousey did none of that. She cried in her pillow and ran from the world. She showed how mentally weak she was, when it mattered. But when she was on the top with all the Yes-Men around her, she had zero issues smearing her own persona into the face of others.

God damn, Ronda Rousey makes me mad.
I couldn’t imagine caring this much about someone I will never actually know and who has next to no impact on my actual life.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
I don't get the "But we have Cassie now. Old bitch should retire" shit.
Tekken has Heihachi, Kazuya, Jin and Asuka in the same games and it never was a problem.
Sonya is the first MK lady learn some respect.
I think somewhere in the future NRS will reboot MK from the ground and know what? there will be Sonya and not Cassie.

About this Ronda girl... I don't know her.
Heihachi, Kazuya, and Jin are all considerably more unique and individually interesting though.

Unlike with the Mashimas, there is nothing Sonya can do that Cassie couldn’t.

Pterodactyl

Plus on block.
Gameplay-wise Cassie is nothing like Sonya. She's more like JohnnyxStryker
Gameplaywise NRS changes their move sets considerably with each realease and as I said there is nothing Sonya CAN do that Cassie CAN’T I’d they wanted put in anything specific, and Cassie’s mixture of intense mix-ups and miitary weaponry is much more in like with Sonya than Johnny. If she didn’t have the nut punch and green effects nothing in her moveset would be indicative of it Johnny.

Krankk

Smoke & Noob & Rain
I couldn’t imagine caring this much about someone I will never actually know and who has next to no impact on my actual life.
Which translates to you not having any kind of passion..?

There are sports fans, who fight over their favorite team losing. Hooligans.
There are music fans, who stand in the rain in front of hotels to see their favorite singer for a short moment. Groupies.
There are Star Wars fans, who sleep in front of theaters, to be the first in line to see the movie. Nerds.

villainous monk

Terrible times breed terrible things, my lord.
I'm cautiously sceptical... if that's a thing. XD
I've never seen or heard Ronda Rousey before. Only a few images here and there.
I'm not being rude or anything but...

"Don't judge a book by it's cover"

Also like someone else has mentioned or not. There is no iconic voice for Sonya. So why not let Ronda have a go. In fact her personality and mannerisms is pretty much Sonya's incarnate.

Besides... It's just a voice over.