What's new

Welp... Ronda Rousey confirmed?

trufenix

bye felicia
He could be DLC. I mean, he's technically never been DLC, though he was considered to be so in MKvsDCU. :p
He wasn't just considered, he was made. That's why his model and voice are in story mode with all the playable characters. He was going to be paired with Harley for the first DLC bundle, but then midway went tits up.

Seems like with every game they throw one "3d era" character a lifeline, first quan, then kenshi, I'm assuming if anybody wins the successful reboot award in MKX its Tremor or Tanya so expect one of them to join the family. I

I would put my money on Havik being DLC.

TackyHaddock

Salty Mashers Krew
I for one do not understand why people place so much importance on voice actors. For story mode fine, but once you start grinding sets, the characters just say the same shit over and over anyway and it doesn't matter!

The one exception to this is the voice for "round one fight", "finish him" etc. For this they better continue having a deep evil ass sounding voice, whoever that may be.

STB Sgt Reed

Online Warrior
I for one do not understand why people place so much importance on voice actors. For story mode fine, but once you start grinding sets, the characters just say the same shit over and over anyway and it doesn't matter!

The one exception to this is the voice for "round one fight", "finish him" etc. For this they better continue having a deep evil ass sounding voice, whoever that may be.
I mean if it's such a shittily acted voice or one that has a really annoying sound for one of your favorite characters, I imagine it would get old really fast and may even make you not want to play that character. I can see it being important!

With Shinnok gone we can dream! Somebody in this bitch has to steal moves / souls.
Let's hope! Shang's "your soul is mine!" is one of the coolest sayings in the game and soul steal is also one of the best/interesting ability types in the games. I just hope they actually let him transform into more than just his opponent, but I don't think they will cause I imaging that'd be pretty busted

Xelz

Go over there!

Good voice acting hardly gets noticed. Bad voice acting is painfully obvious.

Bad voice acting would kill the appeal of story mode for casual games, which ultimately are the folks who drive the high sales volume (for a fighting game franchise) of MK and Injustice, and potentially drop review scores. It would also cheapen the feel of the brand outside of story mode, since bad VA would make cringe worthy fight intros and in-fight dialogue. If for no other reason, high VA quality = more sales and higher review scores, therefore more money for NRS, therefore more investment in future MK/Injustice games.

Kal

<3
Jeez people are so petty, they have such a hate boner for Ronda. Who the hell cares? Sure it would be nice not having Sonya at all, but so what Ronda is gonna be her voice actor? Sonya is such an awful character that there is literally nobody on this planet they could hire to voice her to make her any interesting.

Jeremy KO

*insert kotal kahn gibberish here*
Why are people saying that she's just gonna do voice acting? Remember they have a full motion capture studio. Rousey could very well be mocapping Sonya's movelist as well. They wouldn't get a fully trained fighter for just her voice.

Xelz

Go over there!
Why are people saying that she's just gonna do voice acting? Remember they have a full motion capture studio. Rousey could very well be mocapping Sonya's movelist as well. They wouldn't get a fully trained fighter for just her voice.
So this. I was wondering this myself, and considering modern techniques in simultaneously capturing full body motion and facial expressions, having Ronda (who has MMA and acting experience) as the body model for Sonya would make a ton of sense whether or not she also does VA.

xXRagingFlameXx

I'm a bad bitch, you can't kill me
I was actually thinking they'd model her body / face after as well. Maybe have her do the facial capture along with the voice, but idk how much work that'd be and with her touring with WWE and I feel like it'd be a much bigger pay to have her likeness and not just her voice.

We'll see the extent of her work tomorrow though I'm sure.

MKF30

Fujin and Ermac for MK 11
Just want to say to the dude who broke down sports fans are hooligans. SW fans are groupies and Gamers are nerds.

It's all the same shit, semantics as at the end of the day we're all fanboys of something.

There are people who will take the day off work/skip school/cancel plans just to watch a stream for a game...

>.>
clears throat lol I'm guilty of this, took tomorrow off a month+ ago the day after the trailer dropped.

Dayvon

Noob
clears throat lol I'm guilty of this, took tomorrow off a month+ ago the day after the trailer dropped.[/QUOTE]

You're my hero.

NSR

Also known as Futuretime23
What about that leak with a roster back in december:

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/253573-mortal-kombat-11/77308737

Was is just a piggyback of the real leak ?
this "leak" came out after the email one, and it was later deconfirmed by Boon. The biggest indicator its a troll is the fact that Nimbus is dlc. Yes, Nimbus TERRAFAUX. One of the biggest hoaxes ever. Hell, his fucking name is a hint he's fake. Not to mention, no talk of the Krushing Blows (which were in the email leak and are likely to be true)

DDustiNN

MK11 Pocket Guide: Koming Soon to the App Store
Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game (made by Midway, nudge nudge) is on my all-time why hasn't someone re-made this game yet list. 4 man free for alls with specials and supers and combo mechanics and everything?

Aw man, now I'm sad again.
WWE All Stars was pretty fun. Everything was very exaggerated, just over-the-top ridiculous. Way better than the clunky, robotic 2K games.

Braindead

I want Kronika to step on my face
I'm not even a Sonya fan/player, but she's literally the first lady of MK. Why are people outraged and/or shocked that she would be in the game? NRS aren't gonna make her "sit one out" because of some plotholes about her being too old or that she has a daughter. They literally brought back several characters that died in MK9 with 'what if they were still alive even though they obviously aren't' costumes in MKX.

And those trying to stress "but she was OP in MK9 and MKX!" Have a day off. Namco didn't drop Jin Kazama from Tekken 5 because of his competitive fuckeries in the previous game(s).

She's still an extremely marketable character, which is why the proposition of Ronda Rousey voicing her is probably happening in the first place.
Ugh fine she can be in MK11.

Just make her trash tier -_-

Or at least make her cool like she was in MK4 with that square punch